Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanthi M AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I'm 22 yrs. Always I fell that my body isn't going well. Something wrong with my body. Some time stomach. Some time head. Some time leg. Some time heart bit grow. But almost I have nothing. Doctor's r saying this all r due to depression. If something get into my leg and start paining I started to think that it's a snake's bite, I'll die after few hrs. I always fell that I have tumour in brain. Cancer in blood. If anywhere I fell any pain I became worried. I think there is a tumor which will convert 2 cancer. I have cancer phobia. When I listen anybody died like such it worried me 2 much, I started to think about that. But this thinking came just last 1 n half year. Before this 1n half years I was in mess for study. Pls give me some solution pls sir. My life became hell.
I am a heavy smoker. I have lung cancer and copd. I am unable to stop smoking. I have anxiety and depression. Please suggest me how to get rid of my habit.
My age is 65 years old, I am TAKING cancer-5MG, STORVAZ-20MG&ECOSPRIN-75MG AND SHE UNDERWENT INSERTION OF STEAD. What are uses & side effects of these medicines.
I am 64 years old male and is tobacco addict. What tests I should go for to rule out any malignant development of cancer.
Sir /madam Meri wife ke breast me ghtiya hai 3 . Ek ndi or 2 chhoti . Use bhut hi jyada pain rhta h kbi kbi sujan ho jati h. kya h ku hai or iska ilaj kya h btaye please.
MRS IS CANCER PATIENT, DIGNOSED AT 3RD STAGE IN JUNE 2014, SHE HAVE A TUMER IN OESOPHAGUS AND SMALL NODES HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED INSIDE THE WHOLE BODY. ACUTE PAIN DEVELOPES IN BODY. MORPHENE IS BEING GIVEN THRICE A DAY. DOCTORS DECLARED THAT SHE WILL NOT SURVIVE MORE THAN 4 MONTHS. ANY WAY TO RELIEVE HER FROM PAIN TILL DEATH?
If a female is having cyst in her one breast which very hard, movable n pains only when pressed. Is it breast cancer. Plsss reply.
I am 62 years old, 2 & 1/2 yrs ago I had been suffering from prostate problem in which cathedral was used for 10-12 days, due to this process I cought uti and thereafter all bones related problem aroused (knee joint pain & lowe back pain) etc. Although no treatment for ortho problems could have been done, after a gap of around 2 & 1/2 yrs. I started to get medicine for knee joint pain but still urine flow obstruction starts & I have to stop the medicine for ortho & get the medicins for urine like prostina & flow dart+. What should I do, could not understand, may please advise.
I just give birth to a baby girl on 11/07/2016. Now I am facing a problem that I got my nipples injured and got blood and it pains a lot while my baby feed and what ever cloths I wear get stick with my nipple and hurt a lot when I remove it and I also suffering from gath (hindi word) on breast.
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.