Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanthi HirebetYour feedback matters!
I am a mother of 3 month old baby. As I had breast mastitis, my was on mostly formula milk. Now am well and want to stop formula milk totally. But the problem is my breast milk supply decreased. What to do to increase it as soon as possible? please help me.
My son is getting ill frequently his diet is also low. What could be reason is there any serious or in case need to treat well to which specialist need to check him.
New born baby. 5 days old, female. Feeling symptoms of Jaundice. Also done Lab Test. Reports are ready with us. Please advice what to do?
She is 1.5 years and she is not ready to eat anything. Before she use to like cerelac but now she does not eat that as well .we try giving variety like beetroot, carrot rice sambar rice. Vegetable ganji. But she just turns her face off anything we feed. What can be the reason.
My baby is 16 months old. Suffering from fever, Cold & crying every time .appetite is not good. Please prescribe .thank you sir.
I have got a new born baby boy on 8th july. What care should I take for him. How and when to have feeding. His diet plus mother's care and diet.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Hi Doctor, My son is now 3 and half years. He had Cryptorchidism at birth and done keyhole surgery when he is 1 year old. Now he have Ferible seizure when temperature become 100f. 1. How Cryptorchidism occur in some children. How to prevent it when she is pregnant for 2nd baby. 2. Is Febrile seizure occurs because he had Cryptorchidism and he gone through keyhole surgery. Is there any connection. Please reply doctor.
I am married and having 1 year old kid. We decided to for next kid after 3 years. I am using condom for sexual intercourse. My partner some times have hitching problem. Any other advice for avoiding pregnancy. Also during sexual intercourse sperm comes immediately during penetration. Pls advice for having increased time for sexual intercourse.
My son (age 14 months) is showing crankiness all day and don't like to be alone. If left alone even for a minute, he starts crying inconsolably. Also to mention that for last 3 days he used to do potty (semi liquid type) of light yellowish color and 2-3 times a day. It is observed that his teething is on and upper lower molar teeth are protruding and 2 teeth in front are also coming. Should I give one spoon of honey everyday to smoothen his teething experience and why is he cranky all the time? Please suggest?
I am 34 since my baby I feel very irritated and cranky and suicidal. I am OK if my daughter is not around. She is seven years now and nowadays I am always screaming and shouting at her. After getting angry at her my entire body shakes and I get palpitations. Can you pls help as how I can calm myself without medicine. And there is no one else to the care of my daughter as well.
I want to strengthen the immunity of my 2 years baby boy naturally. Can I pls know how! he fall ill frequently. Recently had typhoid. Now suffering from Cold&fever.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.