Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanthi AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I'm a 25 year old unmarried girl. There's redness and irritation in vaginally. No swelling and no painful urination, lots of dryness in n around the vaginal lips. I'm using V-wash to clean the intimate area and applying mustard oil after every wash. But it still doesn't cure my problem. What can be done, please suggest.
My sis is 14 weeks pregnant now. What she should include in her Diet and what routine she should follow including exercises if any.! Thanking in advance. Waiting for answer in anticipation.
I have got my period on 8 September and then i did hormones test on 12 September and got fsh level 14.92 ime I have done my hormones test on fifth day of my period. So are the hormone test taken correct on time? am asking you this because I have told my gynecologist that I had my period on 9 September because I got little confused that day so she told that you have to take hormone test that day i. E 12 September else next month. According to her it was fourth day but fr me it was fifth day does it cause any change in the value of fsh level. please do reply thanks in advance.
Hi Dr. I have thyroid 22 and want to pregnant. 3 4 days before I come to knw that I have thyroid my one child is 7 yrs old its to late fr me to plan next baby bt knw I want to become pregnant I take 100 mg eltroxin hw much time take n to control my thyroid level. So I conceive. I try 3 month bt nt convieve my other test report r ok. please help me I want to get pregnant early.
My friend is planning to have oral sex with her gf, is it good to lick and kiss on private part of her, will it cause any problem on mouth/lips of my friend?
1. Useful in preventing infections during seasonal changes:
When winter sets in or monsoon starts, the weather undergoes drastic changes, bringing new bacteria, germs and living organisms into the air. Some people fall prey to infections and fevers during these months. Taking chyawanprash helps your body in fighting such fungal and bacterial infections.
2. Enhances the digestive system:
If you have a weak digestive system, taking chyawanprash regularly may help you enhance it. It helps streamline bowel movements and digestion of foods. The cinnamon and amla in this formulation have carminative properties, and they help prevent flatulence. It also helps prevent constipation, a condition affecting a major part of human population.
3. Helps fight respiratory issues:
The herbs present in this ancient formulation can help people suffering from long term and chronic respiratory ailments. It actually aids lung functioning to an extent.
4. Helps keep skin radiant and healthy:
Contrary to what many people think, applying beauty products externally on the skin is not enough to look youthful and attractive. What you take in also reflects on your skin. Chyawanprash contains a number of herbs including amla that has vitamin c in good amounts. Those herbs, when taken internally, help skin stay healthy and radiant. So, in a way, eating chyawanprash helps you thwart signs of aging to an extent. The saffron present in this elixir may aid in improving your complexion.
5. Aids in purifying blood:
People who lead a hectic life, get less sleep or gorge on junk foods frequently get excess toxins in their body. These toxins, when stored in the body, lead to the onset of several complications and ailments. They also hamper with natural blood purification process in your body. Eating chyawanprash helps in purifying the blood and eliminates those excess toxic elements from the body.
6. Enhances sexual prowess:
While this is not well known, eating chyawanprash can help boost sexual prowess and help cope with sexual problems better. For example, the herbs present in this formulation help keep menstruation cycle in shape.
7. Assist in coping with stress:
The herbs present in this ayurvedic formulation actually have a calming effect on your nervous system. So, eating it may help you cope better with stress.
8. Sharpens memory and aids brain function:
You have to keep track of so many things in your life and career. It is not uncommon for anyone to forget things at times, even at a young age. Eating chyawanprash makes your body fortified with herbs that aid in boosting brain functions and sharpening memory. Apart from adults, kids can also better focus on their studies and concentrate on various activities by eating this ayurvedic elixir.
9. Offers energy for daily chores:
Owing to workload, incessant multitasking and tension, a lot of people feel a lack of energy in doing things, including daily chores. Chyawanprash contains plenty of herbal extracts that provide your body with enough energy to sail through the daily chores without feeling fatigued or worn out.
10. Aids weight loss:
A lot of obese individuals fail to shed excess pounds because their metabolism is not at an optimal level. Eating chyawanprash helps in stimulating the metabolism and thus aids in losing weight.
11. Heart health boost:
Eating chyawanprash regularly can benefit heart health, say ayurveda experts.
12. Cholesterol regulator:
Chyawanprash intake can help lower the high levels of cholesterol in the blood. It also regulates blood pressure.
13. Helps improve nails and hair:
Eating this elixir may help improve the health of your hair and nails. The antioxidants present in chyawanprash help slow down premature hair graying and prevent brittle nails.
14. Helps combat cold and cough:
Chyawanprash has vitamin c and other ingredients that help your body stave off virus and bacteria that lead to cold and cough.
15. Urinary infections:
Taking chyawanprash is likely to benefit those suffering from urine infection and other related ailments.
In which days of the month can a woman get pregnant (if precaution isn't used)? Is it risky for life if a woman above 30 years of age conceives for the first time in her life?
5th month start today. Fuild nd baby weight is mild low. Fluid 8 cm and baby weight 120gm. What to do to. Increase baby weight n fluid. Please give me your valuable suggestions.
Hi, my question my expected periods day was 3rd feb and I missed my periods its 7days today but still no periods is their and facing headache, lower abdomen mild cramp and mild back pain when I stand for more time, dizziness, and shortness of breath, hungry all the time, motion comes after 2 to 3 days, when no motion not comes I feel bloating, little bit pain in nipples, today in the morning I taken pregnancy test of" I Can" brand but it came only one line in" c" I have taken urine test after 3hours of sleep, it came negative why, does this means m not pregnant or Level if HCG is low, or some thing else is their to worry. please help me. M also taking Thyronorm 100 mcg tablet daily from so many years back by taking this tablet can I conceive or not, and another thing is during pregnancy can any women take Thyronorm tablet or not, please help me.
Hi doc, my husband he is 36 years and I'm 28, we got marriage in 2014 Dec, after getting married my husband's weight increased a lot a n d he s nw 112 kgs and I'm 50 kgs, already I got an abortion in month of April 2016, can we plan for another baby now, will it cause any problem while having sex, after abortion my weight is not gaining, even my face skin became very dull, Dark and rough, even I'm suffering from very bad dark circles, some times I get back pain please suggest me what to do how do I get free from dark circles and how to get my weight back.
I am 27 years old, now I am suffering from continuously menstrual bleeding from last 10-15days, kindly suggest to us how prevent it?
Hello, I had unprotected sex with my bf on 9th Nov, took ipill within 12 hrs, I have irregular periods, got my periods on 19th, it was heavy, lasted for 3 days, now I feel dizzy, tired, a bit of vomiting sensation, nowadays I crave for food, what should I do? Am I pregnant? Please reply I am scared.
Most women get accustomed to and know the pattern of their menstrual cramps. So, when something out of this pattern happens, they know it is not normal. There are various reasons for pelvic pains not associated with menses. The following are some common causes and it is always advisable to seek medical help, which will help in right diagnosis, early intervention and reduced complications.
- Ectopic pregnancy: If a fertilized egg has planted itself outside of the uterus or the womb, it is referred to as ectopic pregnancy. The fallopian tube is the most common place for ectopic pregnancies. There is associated pelvic pain, which is unilateral, sharp, and gradually worsens. There would also be associated bleeding which is darker than the regular bleeding. This again should be confirmed on an ultrasound and then the ectopic pregnancy removed.
- Endometriosis: The inner thick layer of the uterus could be infected leading to severe pelvic pain, especially in women who are in their 30s, who are not able to conceive. This is often ignored, considering it as normal and it continues to progress and could even result in infertility.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): Infections like gonorrhea or chlamydia travel up from the genital tract and reach the uterus. Infection along the entire reproductive tract can lead to severe pain. In most cases, if identified early, a course of antibiotics is all that is required to control this infection. Left untreated, it can even cause infertility.
- Ovarian cysts: Another common cause of pelvic pain, they are quite often asymptomatic, except for occasional pelvic pain. They also disappear with no medical intervention. Sometimes, however, it may get infected or rupture and can cause severe pain. This can is an indication for medical intervention. Ultrasound may be required for diagnosis and treatment may include surgical removal.
- Uterine fibroids: The fibroids are noncancerous growths, which can grow to a considerable size and fall short of blood supply. This may cause them to burst, which can be very painful.
- Miscarriage: Most miscarriages occur before 13 weeks of pregnancy and the usual accompanying symptoms of bleeding are severe pelvic cramps. If you are pregnant and notice bleeding with pelvic pain, it is advisable to immediately visit a doctor. Diagnosis may require an ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage. If medications are not sufficient to remove the remnants, then a dilation and curettage may be required.
- Non-gynecological causes: Appendicitis, urinary tract infections, hernia, lower spinal problems, irritable bowel syndrome can also cause pelvic pain. The cause should be identified and managed accordingly.
Unfortunately, most women continue to experience and suffer with chronic pelvic pain without a cause identified. A thorough internal examination can help identify the problem and treat the issue.