Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanthi AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I had my LMP on 1.05. 16 and started follicular monitoring on 9.5. 16. On day 10th Dr. gave me HUCOG 10, 000 injection to ruptured them. Today is my 14 th day and my follicles are not ruptured. Radiologist told me they are shrink and partially ruptured with moderate fluid. And my Dr. told me to do intercourse yesterday and today. I dnt understand if my follicles are not ruptured then how can I conceive in this cycle. And what about that large size of follicular, will they convert into cyst please help me.
What are the main main symptoms we feel in the early stage of pregnancy n when is the perfect time to do the test of pregnancy?
I have so many hairs on my body and private parts. I have pcod problem. Please can you suggest some hair removal cream to remove hairs?
What is the best option of precaution during sex to avoid pregnancy. In my known, one or two ladies got problem after using copper-t. Condemn does not give full entertainment.
I missed my period since 42 days .I think I am pregnant. .but the problem is that I don't get any symptoms of it till yet.
I'm 6.5 week pregnant and I prefer medical abortion. I take one dose of 200 mcg mifepristone. After 24 hrs I take 400 mcg means 2 tablets of misoprostol. Now after2 hrs I got very much cramps and more bleeding including clots passing too. Is the abortion complete. After 4 or 5 days the symptoms of pregnancy almost gone and I feel relaxed. please suggest me is the abortion complete.
The biggest threats to women's health are often preventable. Here's what you need to know to live a longer, healthier life.
Many of the leading threats to women's health can be prevented ? if you know how. The top causes of death among adult women in the U.S. Include heart disease, stroke, cancer and chronic lower respiratory disease, according to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Take the first step to protect yourself by talking with your doctor about your risk factors for these conditions. Then get serious about reducing your risk.
Manage chronic conditions and get recommended screenings
If you have health problems, such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes, that increase your risk of heart disease and stroke, follow your doctor's treatment recommendations. Also be sure to consult your doctor about when you should have mammograms and other cancer screenings.
Adopt a healthier lifestyle
While you can't eliminate risk factors such as family history, you can control many other risk factors for heart disease, stroke and cancer. For example:
Don't smoke. If you smoke or use other tobacco products, ask your doctor to help you quit. It's also important to avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
Eat a healthy diet. Choose vegetables, fruits, whole grains, high-fiber foods and lean sources of protein, such as fish. Limit foods high in saturated fat, added sugar and sodium.
Maintain a healthy weight. Losing excess pounds ? and keeping them off ? can lower your risk of heart disease as well as various types of cancer.
Get moving. Include physical activity in your daily routine. You know exercise can help you control your weight and lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. But did you know that it may also lower your risk of certain types of cancer? Choose activities you enjoy, from brisk walking to ballroom dancing.
Limit alcohol. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so only in moderation. For women that means no more than one drink a day. The risk of various types of cancer ? including breast and liver ? appears to increase with the amount of alcohol you drink and the length of time you've been drinking regularly.
Manage stress. If you feel constantly on edge or under assault, your lifestyle habits may suffer ? and so might your immune system. Take steps to reduce stress ? or learn to deal with stress in healthy ways.
Prevent chronic lower respiratory diseases
Many women don't realize that they're at risk of illness and even death from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ? which includes bronchitis and emphysema. Don't be caught off guard. To protect your respiratory health:
Don't smoke. If you smoke, ask your doctor to help you quit. Also avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
Steer clear of pollutants. Minimize exposure to chemicals and outdoor air pollution.
Prevent respiratory infections. Wash your hands often and get a yearly flu vaccine. Ask your doctor whether you need a pneumonia vaccine as well.
The bottom line
It's important to understand the common health risks that women face, but don't feel intimidated. Instead, do whatever you can to lead a healthy lifestyle ? including eating a healthy diet, staying physically active, quitting smoking and getting regular checkups. Simple preventive measures can go a long way toward reducing your health risks.
Hello sir/mam this is Gauri sharma. M 23 years old married lady. My period date has been passed on 29/04/16. But from yesterday period has been started again. And having blooding so much. Please say what is the reason. Im so tensed about this. Its 1st time with me.
Hi, I am trying to conceive from 15 months, last years in may got pregnant but after few days got bleeding. Done with all blood work, semen test, tube test, all are fine but I have mild pcos. After all fertility medicine i am not able to conceive. My Dr. advised me for IUI. What are the risk of IUI? I have heard sometimes they exchange the semen also. Should I go with fertility medicine or IUI. please advice.
Quite contradictory to popular belief, as per a research paper published in 2015 by Harvard medical school, people who eat spicy foods on a regular basis and in moderate amounts have a 14% probability of outliving their non-spicy food eating peers. Also, the same research also indicates the fact that people who eat spicy food on a regular basis are less likely to suffer from cancer or other fatal heart diseases as compared to those who are averse to spice.
So, what is it that makes spicy foods better for your ticker and the overall health? Let’s find out.
- Spicy foods are usually rich in anti-oxidants, a regular intake of which helps to prevent cancer, respiratory diseases and other heart disorders.
- Peppers have a high amount of ‘capsaicin’ in them which is particularly beneficial in resisting abnormal swelling of different body parts. Capsaicin also helps in the regulation of metabolic functions of the body which prevents further serious complications of diabetes and cardio-vascular disorders. Capsaicin also helps to prevent sinus infections, hypertension and severe intestinal disorders. At times, Capsaicin acts as a pain-reliever.
- Peppers also contain a healthy amount of Vitamin C which defends the body against cancer and helps in the formation of collagen (building blocks of the skin) and other connective tissues. Vitamin C is useful in the production of glutathione, an immensely strong anti-oxidant that strengthens the immune system of the body.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.
Consuming ginger substitutes like ginger biscuits, ginger beer or ginger lollies helps in settling a queasy tummy during pregnancy.
Health benefits of honey and cinnamon
The health benefits of honey and cinnamon include the following:
Immune system: honey and cinnamon paste is good for boosting the immune system, eliminating chronic fatigue and increasing the life span of people. It can also be used for treating colds and influenza. This is partially due to the antioxidants found in both honey and cinnamon which can combine to combat the free radicals in the body’s organ systems.
Diabetes: cinnamon contains antioxidant flavonoids whose effect closely resembles that of insulin, meaning that it can encourage glucose out of the bloodstream and into the cells where it is needed for functional energy source. Energy, as a pure source of natural sugar, does not cause nearly the fluctuation in blood sugar levels that many artificial sources of sugar do, and cinnamon’s effects, when combined with honey, show a steady use of glucose by the body, and an improvement in type 2 diabetes management.
Cancer: the phytochemicals that are found in such impressive amounts in honey have been linked to preventing cancer, while cinnamon has certain anti-tumor properties that can also decrease the chances of metastasis or the spread of cancer through tumorous growth. Certain acids within honey also directly shut down the activity of two enzymes, lipoxygenase and phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase c, which have both been linked to producing cancerous materials in the body.
Itching: another health benefit of honey and cinnamon include relief from insect bites. A paste made of honey and cinnamon is often used to treat insect bites and relieve inflammation at the source. Cinnamon is considered an anti-inflammatory substance, while honey is an antiseptic and therapeutic component of many beauty and cosmetic products, so their combination works on all aspects of skin irritation and insect bites at the same time, while simultaneously keeping you from developing infections.
Digestion: honey and cinnamon can help to increase the health and functionality of the digestive system. It can remove gas from the stomach and intestine and treat stomachache, excess flatulence, indigestion and bladder infections. Regular consumption of cinnamon and honey will help in maintaining healthy digestion, which protects the gastrointestinal system from a number of more serious conditions.
Arthritis: honey and cinnamon are also beneficial in providing relief from arthritis. Regular intake of honey and cinnamon paste helps to maintain bone health and relieves joint pain. You can also mix honey and cinnamon powder in warm water and enjoy the same resulting health boosts.
Skin care: the benefits of honey and cinnamon extend to skin care as well, where minor skin infections and pimples can be treated with a simple application of a paste formed from these two precious foods. This can be done on actual wounds, or on the skin as a general spread due to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antioxidant characteristics, which can reduce the appearance of age-related spots and wrinkles by reducing the impact of free radicals in the skin.
Heart disorders: honey and cinnamon are used for reducing cholesterol levels and thus providing additional protection to the health to your heart. A high cholesterol level (ldl or “bad” cholesterol) can result in atherosclerosis or plaque buildup on the walls of arteries and vessels, thereby increasing the chances of a clot forming that can result in a heart attack or a stroke.
Weight loss: a mixture of honey and cinnamon in warm water is considered a good weight loss tool. Of course, like any other weight loss remedy, results are only seen when you combine it with a controlled diet and regular exercise.
Hair care: honey and cinnamon also nurture hair, reduce hair loss and actually stimulate hair growth.
Dental care: both honey and cinnamon are individually used for dental care. A mixture prepared from the two is also useful in dental care, particularly in eliminating bad breath and toothaches.