Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanthi AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Having problems ejaculating at the right time can prevent you and your partner from feeling satisfied during sexual intercourse. Nonetheless, premature ejaculation is not the only type of ejaculation issues you should know about. In addition to this other forms of ejaculation that make up this group of sexual dysfunction are delayed ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation.
Here's how you need to handle the different types of ejaculation problems:
Premature ejaculation - The first very common ejaculation that all men in the world experience is premature ejaculation. This kind of sexual dysfunction occurs when you ejaculate either before or after penetration with least amount of sexual stimulation.
To treat the problem, medicines, primarily a form of anti-depressant drug known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (ssris) are recommended for bringing about a delay in the expulsion of semen. Even couple therapy can help to treat the problem as this form of counseling helps in coming up with methods that both the partners can perform to prevent premature ejaculation.
Delayed ejaculation - You're said to suffer from instances of delayed ejaculation if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Unable to expel semen even though you may want to and your erection is normal
- Experiencing considerable delay in reaching orgasm
- If you're suffering from a constant as well as an unwanted delay lasting between 30 and 60 minutes, you're said to be experiencing delayed ejaculation
- Unable to attain ejaculation no less than half the times you have sexual intercourse
Treatment for this problem usually involves going to the root cause of the problem. Many times, the cause could be an effect of the medication you may be taking. If the cause is psychological in nature, you may require counseling.
Retrograde ejaculation - This happens when the ejaculate matter rather than exiting through the penis goes back into the bladder and comes out later during urination. Retrograde ejaculation commonly occurs in diabetics, especially those that suffer from nerve damage brought on by diabetes.
This type of sexual dysfunction doesn't require treatment as you can still experience a healthy sex life. In certain cases, the use of drugs can also help in restoring your normal ejaculation prowess. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have unbearable itching in vagina and burning sensation during urination from the last few days. I am using V wash to rinse vagina daily.
Hi Doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 12th day of my menstrual cycle and took Unwanted 72 within 40 hours of the same. I got 15 days delay for my period so took pregnancy tests thrice. It came out to be positive. I consulted my family doctor and she advised me an assigned complete dose of Caam kit within 49 days of my cycle. Can it be one or two days delayed as it's difficult to get the Medicine. I just want to ensure how safe it is and what are the side effects of the same if any?
I have been suffering from scanty periods from 3 years Doctor said I have pcos but im on sugarmet from more than a year. Still see not even a little difference Other doctor told to check vitamin d andb12 that is also normal plus im always constipated what can be the medical cause.
Meri girl freind ko mc 7 din baad aaj halka aayi hai pregnency test kiya to ek line dark pink hai aur dosri line lite pink hai main isko kya samjhu wo pregnent hai ya nhi please help me.
I am taking taking olkem20h tablet for no since from 2014 n my by recently recorded is 130/80 I want to ask is it compulsory now also to take tablet or I can leave?
Hi Dr. My baby is now 12 days old. But I am experiencing pain while breast feeding. What should I do?
Hello sir, me 26 year ki hu muje 1 beti he 3year 5 month ki . Or mera abhi march 2017 me miscarriage ho gaya tha to abhi me mene unsafe sex kiya tha or meri last piroed date 6 july he or muje abhi 2-3 din se ulti jesa hota he but ulti nai aati mene pragncy test kiya bt negative aaya to kya me pragnant hu ya nahi? please tell me for that
Hi my age is 28 I got married four years back I did not get pregnancy till now doctors are saying for you normal pregnancy is not possible because you r having hypothyroidism now I'm using 75 mg and my weight is 77 and other thing is less eggs are there its sims for me 1 to 2 please say solution for dis problem.
I have together with my girl friend on 5th December, and it was unprotected, so after that she took an i-pill after 24 hours, and her previous menstrual cycle was started at 29th december. But still now menstrual cycle has not started, so is there any chance of pregnancy?
Tell me that I have sex but without protection but I have not released sperm so is she can get pregnant.
Radiology is a specialized branch of science concerned with the treatment and diagnosis of diseases through high energy radiation or X-rays. Interventional radiology also known as vascular radiology is a subspecialty of radiology. Interventional radiology involves the use of a variety of techniques for diagnosing or treating a particular disease. Some of these techniques are Ultrasound, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) and X-ray among the others.
Radiology has several advantages. Six prime advantages of Radiology are mentioned below:
- Radiology and Interventional radiology are sometimes completely non-invasive or less invasive methods of diagnosis and treatment. These diagnostic and treatment procedures involve the use of digital imaging or photographic images and needle insertion.
- Radiology is a less expensive method of treatment as compared to other surgical or medicinal treatment procedures.
- Blood vessel diseases like narrowing of arteries, which obstructs smooth flow of the blood, hemorrhage, blood clots and vein blockage can be easily treated with the help of radiology.
- Radiology can effectively treat benign or malignant tumors. It destroys the tumor in situ (original position of growth) and also counters tumors that has spread to other parts of the body due to metastasis( the process through which cancer cells spread from its original position to the other organs of the body).
- The procedure of radiology can also be used for inserting feeding tube into a patient's body or for the purpose of draining out fluids from the abdominal region or chest.
- Radiology is considered to be a popular treatment for treating different stone diseases such as kidney stones or gallstones.
All radiological procedures are conducted by or under the supervision of experienced specialists known as Radiologists.
Today is my 11 day after iui is done in the morning I have seen white discharge is it a sign of pregnancy? Please advice.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems.
I am 27 year old male and married last six month. From past 4 months we had unprotected sex for planning baby but no result yet. So pls kindly suggest for further treatment.
I am having vaginal infection. There are blisters at the corners of vagina, pain burning sensation while passing urine. I am taking norflox400 since 1 day and using nuforce kit. Please suggest treatment.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.