Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanth KumarYour feedback matters!
Dr.Vasanth Sir is very very talented and treatment is super and My family Doctor also
I have seen Blood in urine from morning and I have body pain and fever from 2 days near 100.Please suggest me something for that.
Hi, Please suggest me. I take ipill after intercourse and now I have period on correct date and is there any chance of pregnancy?
Low libido or a decreased sexual activity can affect a relationship in a big way. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, sex or occupation can go through periods of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation. It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead.
Critical factors that attribute to low libido are:
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress, lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6 - 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Smoking: A killer habit, which affects a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Change in weight: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Take a break: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Is it safe to have sexual intercourse while lady is pregnant with two months? If not, why? Explain please.
I am 18 years. Old and my menses are not normal my menses are bleeding very low and my breast is not growing please suggest m please help mee not growing properly.
I got married in 2014 June. We have done sex last month. My all sperm went to wife vagina. This never happened in past We thought we will get good news in this month. But we did not get good news my sperm count is 95 mil /ml, motility 75 %, agglutination 1, liquefaction 15 min ,pus cells 15 to 20/hpf. My wife mc also regular from last 5 month What is the reason behind that? What we can do for pregnancy?
Vaginal discharge. Started clear now its a light yellow. Has a smell to it. Has been happening for about a week now. Started using summers eve and vagisil nothing has worked so far. Had a recent pelvic exam evrything was normal. Was on antibiotics for a little while but discharge is still irregular.
When my period starts my stomach starts paining to much and flow of period is heavy please guide me.
I am 31 years old waiting for my 1st pregnancy. Last month I had only one day spotting but the UPT was negative. I took follicle study and it was 1.8*1.6 on day 14 and ruptured. Endometrium was 10.7.Doc gave HCG 10000 for rupturing. Me and my husband had relationship on 14,15 and 16th day. Today is day 23 and I am having lower abdominal pain. But I don't have any feeling of my period. I wanted to know if I am pregnant. Today I took drotin for pain. Does it affect the pregnancy if it is there. Will drotin make periods to come?
I am having thought disorder concentration problem ,headache, loss of emotions, feelings,irritation, did not have periods for the last two months, lower back pain leg cramps pain in lower abdomen during fingering. I am sexually active but always with protection .brown discharge from vagina, I have hyperinsulinism and hyperprolactin. I am obese.
I am experiencing dark brown bleeding the day my period was supposed to start, am I pregnant? I got my period while still taking my active pills, do I still take the place when It comes time?
Natural cures for irregular periods or delayed menstruation at home.
Irregular periods or delayed menstruation/ periods is a common problem faced by women. Irregular periods are also known as oligomenorrhea. The average menstrual cycle is for about 28 days. Though this no can increase or go down for some woman. Due to hormonal imbalance or certain other factor a women can face irregularity in periods or menstruation. This can be due to stress, certain medicines, strenuous exercising, poor diet, anemia, tuberculosis, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes etc. For the normal menses and regularity of the periods, there are various home remedies that can cure the irregular periods at home.
Natural cures for irregular periods at home.
1. Bitter gourd for irregular periods
Bitter gourd or karela in hindi, is a good cure for the irregular periods condition. Daily consumption of a 2 teaspoonful of karela juice will promote the regularity in the periods and menstruation.
2. Ginger remedy for for irregular periods
Ginger is a multipurpose product which has so many health related benefits. Ginger juice is highly recommended as a good home remedy to treat the irregular periods. Take ginger juice, one teaspoonful three times in a day for at least a month and soon it will help for the regulation of the menstruation.
Another alternative to this can be taking a small piece of ginger and boil that in half cup of water. Drinking that water two times in a day after the breakfast and dinner will also show good results in curing irregular periods.
3. Cinnamon cure for irregular periods
In the health benefits of cinnamon, we mentioned that cinnamon is good for curing the irregular periods and the menstrual cramps that the women common face. Cinnamon has a warming effect which helps to reduce the menstruation cramps. It also helps with the irregular periods.
4. Carrot juice for delayed menstruation
Carrots are good for health. Carrot juice is high on beta carotenes which helps the formation of vitamin a. Carrot juice is rich in iron hence this is great cure for anaemia. Drinking carrot juice everyday helps boost natural immunity, overcoming anaemia, irregular periods and delayed menstruation.
5. Unripe papaya
You might have heard that unripe papaya should not be used during the pregnancy. This can lead to miscarriage. Papaya has a warm effect on the body. Moreover, it induces muscle contraction in the uterus. But this unripe papaya remedy is helpful in regulating the menses when one is facing irregularity in periods. Eating unripe papaya daily in some quantity will help treat the irregular periods naturally at home.
6. Turmeric for for irregular periods cure
Turmeric is antispasmodic which is why it is beneficial in cramps during menstruation. Similarly turmeric is also beneficial in the delayed periods especially for teenager girls. Turmeric can be taken along with milk is the regarded as the best indian treatment for irregular periods. Take a glad of warm milk and add half teaspoonful of turmeric powder in it. Drink this every day.
7. Sesame seeds and honey
Another effective natural cure for irregular periods is with sesame seeds. Sesame seeds help in the hormonal imbalance and lower the stress as well with nutrient richness. Take a teaspoonful of sesame seeds with one teaspoonful of honey daily. This treatment will treat oligomenorrhea within a month and will make the periods regular. [ clean and dry daily intimate powder ]
8. Fennel seeds for delayed menstruation
Most of us take fennel seeds as a mouth freshener after the meals but their function can be much more than that. They aid in the better digestion and absorption of food. Fennel seeds also prevent the irregular periods problem. They make the menstruation regular and reduce the cramps. Take one teaspoonful of fennel seeds every day. This will induce the regular menstruation.
Other cures and tips for irregular periods and delayed menstruation
Along with the remedies shared above there are certain things that you should keep in mind. These tips will help make body healthy and the periods become regular.
Fruits and vegetable:
Fruits and vegetable should be taken in decent portions. Fruit and vegetables are rich in vital vitamins minerals etc which helps in blood formation, prevents anaemia, helps to cure hormonal imbalance. Certain fruit enzymes also relive stress as well.
Intensive exercise can be a cause for the irregular periods or delayed menstruation. But a sedentary lifestyle is also a cause for the same. Try to exercise or do brisk walking for at least 15-20 minutes daily.
Please note that these remedies for irregular periods are to be used when you are not menstruating or are not pregnant. For any serious issues please consult a doctor.
Hi, I am 25 years old, we are trying for baby from last two months. We have sex 2 days once by checking the ovulation day. First month I got my periods 1 day early. But in the second month I got my periods 6 days late. I want to know what could be the problem. We both work in it company.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
Hi 4 months before, I kept coppr t. I have 9 months baby by cesearin. So now my periods are irregular. Body pain, back pain also. what can I do now? what are the other options for safety?
Once you have got the happy news of a little one coming soon in your life, you should start taking some special care so that you can enjoy the journey of pregnancy and get a healthy baby (learn about Dietary Dos and Don'ts for Pregnancy)
These are some pointers you have to follow during pregnancy:
Maintain good hygiene during pregnancy. Take bath regularly. Warm shower or sponge bath is considered better than tub bath.
Brush your teeth regularly and have a regular dental check up. Caries tooth can be extracted after 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Avoid wearing tight clothes and shoes with high heels. Wear loose and light clothes.
Take lots of fluid, fresh fruits & vegetables.
Take a diet which is light, nutritious, easily digestible & rich in protein, less fat, minerals and vitamins.
Stop smoking and drinking alcohol. It can cause miscarriage, defect in the development and growth of the baby.
Avoid jerky travelling, especially in 1st 12 wks and last 6wks of pregnancy. Prolonged sitting in a car or plane should be avoided. Air travel is not advisable to women who have high blood pressure, less hemoglobin (anemia) and low lying placenta.
Avoid taking any unprescribed drugs, exposure to X-Ray & chemicals especially in the 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Take adequate rest in the lateral position and relax 1-2 hrs in the afternoon & 8 hrs at night.
Start taking folic acid at least 3 months before planning pregnancy & continue it till the 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Start taking iron & calcium after 12 wks of pregnancy and continue it throughout pregnancy and 6 months post delivery.
Exercise regularly during pregnancy. Walking is the best exercise, but long periods of walking should be avoided. Also avoid heavy weight lifting and prolonged standing. Diving, water sking, gymnastic, netball, hockey, horse riding, cycling, rock-climbing, & scuba diving exercises should be avoided during pregnancy.
If you have any of these symptoms - vaginal bleeding, persistent abdominal pain, persistent vomiting, watery discharge from vagina, less or no fetal movement, severe headache, swelling on hands, face & feet, fever, dizziness, blurring of vision, double vision, spots before eyes, painful urination and diarrhea, immediately consult your gynecologist.