Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My father's age is 85. His prostate has been enlarged in such a way that his urine is not coming out normally through penis. When catheter is placed then urine is coming out. After investigation of urine It was found blood in urine. In the situation what would you suggest-prostate surgery or something else. Please reply urgently.
Dark circle under my eyes from last 5 years. I do many home based medicine but it's not work. What can I do?
I am a 56 year old women. I am suffering from black pigmentation marks on my face for the past 2 years. I try all cosmetic creams but it doesn' t seem to fade away. Rather its becoming more dark if anything. Please consult.
I am 51 years old I have the small changes or inlargement in prostate gland and urin frequeny is 3 times in night withbeen 10; 30 pm -500AM.
Meri skin bhot jada oily hai me aelovera gel use kr rha hu usse kch jada change nhi aaya nd face par keel white colour ki b ho rkhi h pls eska solution de.
There are black blemishes on my face. Becoming dark on nose n both cheeks. please suggest me any remedy.
Hello I have very bad dark circles under my eyes, I try to put cucumber, but not much help, due to this my face look bad, and this dark circles have become permanent now. Please help.
I am 14 years old. I am suffering from tough sun tan despite of using sunscreens as I am involved in some sports activities. Kindly advise some methods to remove the tan as soon as possible.
Whenever I get out in sun, my scars and red spots even get worse, and my face get all red and tanned instantly. How should I prevent the scars getting darker every time I get out. Help me:-(
Hello my name is roshani. I am from ahmedabad at Gujarat. My skin is dry. Before 5 years my skin was fair ane good but now there is wrinkles, dullness, blackness, and dark spot on mu face. I want to my good skin. Please give me suggestion for my problem. Thank you.
We all fear the changes that old age brings with it, especially in terms of how it changes our appearance. Skin starts to lose its elasticity, dark spots appear on the cheeks and forehead, circles under the eyes grow darker and what not. The battle against ageing is something all of us (especially women) have to prepare for, and the good news is that there are definitely things, which we can add to our armor. Started early on in life, there are skin care measures which can help you combat ageing skin later in life. They will prolong the onset of ageing and also reduce severity of the symptoms. Read on to know more.
- Moisturizer: The skin needs hydration and better hydration yields younger looking skin that is radiant, supple and glowing. Whatever product you use, ensure it has collagen, which can improve the skin tone and elasticity. Vitamin C and K are also essential. From plain petroleum jelly to olive oil to Moroccan oil, pick a moisturizer that works for you. The intention is to give your skin the required amount of hydration it requires to keep it looking young.
- Sun protection: 90% of skin problems arise out of exposure to sun. Be it blemishes, dark spots, tanning marks or even melanoma (cancer), the culprit is the sun. It is a myth that a sunscreen is to be used only when you are out in the beach or on a hike. Use a sunscreen with sun protection factor (abbreviated as SPF on the product) every single day to avoid damage from the sun. Continued use for a couple of months will make you realize its benefits.
- Exfoliation: Regular removal of dead skin cells can help keep the skin healthy and glowing. This removes the blemishes and also improves absorption of moisturizers and sunscreens, improving their efficacy.
- Cleansing: The skin is the most exposed part of the body, and needless to say, accumulates a lot of dust and toxins from the environment, how much ever you try. Washing the skin off with water is the best way to keep it clean. Make sure you wash your face at least 3 to 4 times a day. Using a cleanser like Cetaphil will help in deep cleaning.
- Face masks: Whether brought from a shelf or made at home using combinations like cucumber/curd, glycerin/rose water, papaya, or lime/honey, frequently pamper your skin with these masks. The results will leave you astonished.
- Cleaning makeup brushes regularly: While this is hardly noticed, using the same applicators and brushes can carry germs from one day to another, and so they are best cleaned regularly.
Take care of your skin from early years, it will show later!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 27 yrs male diagnosed with symptomatic urticaria. Taking medicines from almost 12 months. Till medicine effect feel fine afterwards I feel itching on body and swelling after itching to particular part. I just want to know what type of foods and items should I avoid so can cure this and is it possible to cure it permanently? thanks.
These Gallstones don t cause any problems in most cases. But prompt treatment is required if stones block ducts and cause infections and inflammation in the pancreas. This may lead to removal of the gallbladder through a surgery, known as cholecystectomy, which further includes techniques such as laparoscopic (keyhole) cholecystectomy or open surgery.
Although it is a less vital organ, the body can cope up even after removal.
Procedure of surgery:
The surgery involves removal of gallbladder and gallstones through several incisions in the abdomen. In order to see clearly, the surgeon inflates the abdomen with air or carbon dioxide.
A lighted scope attached to a video camera is inserted into one incision near the belly button. The video monitor is used as a guide for inserting other surgical instruments into the other incisions to remove the gallbladder.
Intraoperative cholangiography is the X-ray procedure which shows the anatomy of bile ducts. This is done before the surgeon removes the gallbladder.
Bile flows from the liver through the common bile duct after the surgery into the small intestine. As the gallbladder has been removed, the gallbladder can no longer store bile between meals but has no effect or little effect on digestion.
In case of open surgery, the surgeon reaches the gallbladder through a large, single incision in the abdominal wall.
Complications after gallbladder surgery:
This surgery carries some degree of risk like any other surgery. Complications such as internal bleeding, infection, injury to nearby digestive organs, injury to the bile duct and injury to blood vessels.
Types of gallstones:
There are three main types of gallstones. They are
1. Mixed stones: They are made up of cholesterol and salts. They tend to develop in batches.
2. Cholesterol stones: Mainly made of cholesterol, which is crucial to many metabolic processes. They can grow large enough to block the bile ducts.
3. Pigment stones: The colour of bile is greenish-brown, due to some particular pigments.
Medical factors to consider before cholecystectomy:
The most important factor is a consideration of your medical history. This is because the pre-existing conditions influence decisions on surgery and anaesthetic and information about any bad reactions or side effects from any medications would be helpful for surgery.
Self-care after the surgery:
Taking rest is the most important thing after surgery. Avoid things such as heavy lifting and physical exertion. The usual recovery period after the surgery is one week.