Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasan SsYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have gone through turp prostate gland surgery. Four months passed. Urine flow is very slow. Urine is not clear at a time. No sign of blood and other things.
After Radiation for oral cancer, I got dry mouth and burning sensation on tongue, can it be restored? If could be restored then how?
I have to go for urinating at odd hrs like mid night. In one of the clinic it was told that it is prostate. But other doctor said it is not. Tell me what to do?
My father is suffering from skin cancer n he is in zero stage so can ayurvedic medicine cure dat disease?
I am 22 years old young boy and wanna to ask something for my girlfriend. My question is on my girlfriend breast there is knob at top at on side and this is from last 8-10 months. Before 8-10 months there's nothing. So can you tell why this is and what is the reason behind this knob and what is the treatment of this. Tell me quick. I'm waiting.
Hello doctor, I have 2 questions for you. 1) Please tell me whether there is a cure for cancer and 2) If there is no cure for cancer as of today then how many years are required to find a cure (approximately). Please give your opinion regarding the cure of cancer and methods to fight cancer in the absence of the cure. Also tell me the precautions that are to be followed in order to avoid the cancer from occurring in our body for example caring our body, exercises, food habits, activities etc. With this I end my query. Thank you.
My father who is of 85 years of age was operated for prostate 3 months back, is suffering time and again due to infection in urine. All other reports are normal. Even after operation his urine is not clear and pressure is needed to to put to pass the urine. Kindly Suggest.
1. Limit intake of alcohol
2. Avoid smoking.
3. Having diet of fruits and vegetables and nuts
4. Checking your weight
5. Restriction of hormone therapy in postmenopausal women.
I am a 31 years old woman & experiencing a severe pain on the right side of my nipple. Can it be a breast cancer? Pls advice.
I used to eat Gutka and chew tobacco before 10 years. Due to that habit I was unable to open my mouth wide. So, I stopped that habit since last 10 years. I Got myself checked for cancer. Fortunately I don't have cancer. I Feel shy to visit any Doctor for solution to this problem. I know many people like me. Is there any medicine or therapy to this problem? Kindly let me know.
I have two arteries blocked by 70%, very large Prostate but no urination problem, my S. creatinine id 1.3, blood urea 36 and PSA 4. Pls guide me how to control my RFT levels. Urologist told that I can wait, got Prostate operation till I hv prob in urination. My Lipid profile is also within limits. Pls remove my anxiety. Suggest me medicine if reqd.
My mother was suffering Nasophyrinix cancer last year, her chemo and radiation is completed. I want to know will she get cancer in future again?
Soy protein has been used from past two decades as ingredients for its functional properties in a variety of foods such as salad dressings, soups, vegetarian foods and meat imitations. Its functional properties are emulsification and texturizing. Recently the popularity of soy protein is increasing, mainly because of its health benefits. It has been proven that soy protein can help to prevent heart problems and many countries allow health claims for food, which are rich in soy protein.
Soy contains protein, isoflavones, and fiber, all thought to provide health benefits. Soy is an excellent source of dietary protein, including all essential amino acids. Soy is also a source of lecithin or phospholipid. Soy isoflavones and lecithin have been studied scientifically for numerous health conditions. Isoflavones such as genistein are believed to have estrogen-like effects in the body, and as a result are sometimes called "phytoestrogens"
Common sources of soy isoflavones include roasted soybean, green soybean, soy flour, soy butter, soy nut butter, soy ice cream, soy milk, soy yogurt, soy noodles etc. Soy protein has also been investigated for benefit in terms of heart disease risk factors, reducing menopausal symptoms, weight loss, arthritis, brain function, and exercise performance.
Dietary soy may decrease the risk of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men, as well as other types of cancers. In general, the supportive evidence for use of phytoestrogens as treatments for menopause, heart disease, bone disease, weight loss, and cancer is limited. The use of soy formula has been investigated in the treatment of diarrhea in infants and is an effective and safe alternative to cow's milk formula in most infants.
I am 54 year old male having enlarged prostate and am under medication. I am having fluid less ejaculation for about 3 ~ 4 weeks. Is there anything to worry?
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.