Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasan SsYour feedback matters!
Sir. I am suffering with prostate infection. From few months. Now I am taking medicine. Some what better now. My wife had three miscarriages in last three years. By continuing medicine can I try for children.
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Fibroadenoma with a 6 mm simple cyst. I know it is not alarming but I am feeling discomfort in my breast with some pain sometimes and don't want to get it operations. No family history of breast cancer but I am always thinking about it. Can I trust to cure it with proper Yoga. Please help. Thanks!
Hi, A portion of my left breast has hardened and as a result, i am experiencing pain . I delivered a baby boy about 5 months back and currently lactating. Could you please explain the cause for the hardening ?
I have a black mark on the left hip (outer side). It developed after taking a long train journey and it has changed the shape afterwards. I saw a doctor back then and he prescribed me an ointment and some medicine, but that didn't work. He said it is some kind of bacterial infection. I have been reading online and an scared that it might be skin cancer. Can you please help?
After taking 3 tablets of silodal d8, facing dry ejaculation problems, please help, having enlarge prostatic, uti.
I have been having a small lump under the skin in my back just below my waist on the left side for about an year now. It is small and moves when touched. There is no pain though. I am just concerned that can it be symptoms of cancerous tumor? What type of a doctor should I visit. Your help is highly appreciated.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.
Doctor it feels that I can not urinate whole of my urine and feels still some urine is left. I give more pressure in order to make it empty. I have frequent urge of urination. I had u. T few months back and doctor said its cured after having medicine. I have heard enlargement of prostrate also blocks urine. I still have the same problem as mentioned above. What is the remedy if prostate has enlarged and it is creating problem in me? Help plz.
Hi sir, my father diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014, now it's metastatic , due you treat it?Please tell.
My question cigrate cause for cancer but anybody use for this product so indian government this product fully banded.
If ane person have testicular cancer symptoms and he can not share with any one then what should he do?
Hii I am 27 years old suffering with genital cancer 3rd stage all tomy. Done surgically. After more therapy. Again attract of metastasis in body start what can I do.
I have a small fat balls at waist. What i have to do to burn it.Please advise me. I'm waiting for ur valuable words Sir.
Is cancer curable or not or some symptoms of cancer what precautions should one take to cure or saty away from cancer.
What type of cancer do I have? Where is it located? What are the risk factors for this disease? Is this type of cancer caused by genetic factors? Are other members of my family at risk?
My father is 65 year old, he recently had an operation of prostrate gland, and after operation he daily get fever in the evening. please help on this.
Melanoma is one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer which develops in the skin cells that produce melanin ( the pigment that gives your skin its color). This form of skin cancer is mostly caused by exposure to ultraviolet radiations or it may be congenital in nature.
The cancer is easily detected by the naked eye and in 99% cases, the disease can be efficiently treated if detected during its early stages. Women below the 40 year age benchmark have a higher risk of cancer.
Viagra is a health supplement which is consumed in the oral form to minimize all the signs and symptoms of an erectile dysfunction. Viagra is the generic name for Sildenafil, which is used by men.
What does research say?
A medical study has shown that men who frequently use erection-enhancing drugs are 84% more likely to develop melanoma within a period of 10 years. This does not mean that you are bound to get this cancer if you are frequently using an erection enhancing drugs, but it might increase your probability of getting Melanoma.
Viagra when combined with some other medicine often leads to adverse effects which might lead to cancer as well. It is always desirable that you consult your doctor before taking a Viagra in general. Some of the dangerous factors are:
- Taking Viagra with nitrate drugs such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate, and such others.
- If you are experiencing an unreasonably high or low blood pressure
- If you have any kind of a liver disease
- If you are suffering from a kidney disease that requires dialysis (blood purification process)
While taking Viagra, you should always consult a doctor near you. Additionally, you should also follow certain precautionary measures like:
- You should avoid buying Viagra online, as there is a high probability that it is fake
- You should try going for natural alternatives to Viagra. Studies have shown that the medicines with nitric oxide can help you in having a proper and enhanced erection. Additionally, medicines containing L-arginine are also very popular as they help in generating nitric oxide.