Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha AachariYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old female suffering from runny nose & constant sneezing 24*7 almost everyday accompanied by watery eyes. Watery discharge comes out of my nose almost all the time & If I touch my nose I start sneezing. It's very irritating to live with this condition 24*7.I am unable to concentrate on anything. I also had sinus problem beforehand & also has allergy from dust. I have been suffering from this problem since 4-5 weeks, precisely since the advent of monsoon. I think the monsoon is what triggers this problem in me. I had the similar problem last years during the monsoon. Please help me with this & suggest me some remedies for it.
I wear spectacles for around 5 years, but now I hate to wear it and I also do not want lenses. I just want my eyes to be healthy and spectacle free. please help me.
Sir, when I go to any place. Then My head is pain. All time my headache is pain. Although eye, forehead also headache.
I have recently acquired a power of -0.5D in my right eye only. Should I go for glasses and if yes should I use it regularly? Any other suggestion if you may provide will be of immense help. I am male aged 26 yrs.
I am a 23 year man, my eyes always looking red and when I used any soap on face then my eyes more red and little swelling.
My eyes are getting red sometimes and good at sometimes, sometimes I feel like irritation. When I wash my eyes it is good for sometime and again eyes turns red. I'm working in software industry. I don't know whether it is because of summer or not! Please suggest me some solutions?
I use my movie and computer too often and now I feel like my eyes hurt and I feel blur sometimes if I bring my phone little bit closer to my eyes as they hurt me I was having this problem before as I am home at most of the time so I spend most if the time with move or computer.
I suffer a little migraine when I study continue. It's not common in my group. What should I do. Also Can I improve 6/6 eye sight I am using. -0.75 and-0.50 spec.
I have headache in forehead .My eyes number are 0.25 for left eye and 0.5 for right eye. Is the headache due to the number as my doctor said no need of wearing spectacles hence I do not use them.
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.