Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varini Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
Which is the safest way (except condom) for newly married couple, who didn't want pregnancy at this time, but want after 2 years married life?
Take an after-dinner walk
Walk during your breaks and at lunch
If possible, schedule a" walking" work meeting
Park in the farthest spot from the grocery store or mall (it is easier parking as well).
Avoid valet parking (saves money too)
Take the stairs instead of elevators or escalators
Walk while your kids practice or warm-up at their sporting events instead of sitting in your comfy chair (this one I know from experience).
Walk to drop off/pickup kids from school.
Take public transportation; walk around the terminal when waiting for the train/bus/light rail.
Walk the dog. Have you heard our pets are getting fatter too?
Avoid the drive-thru. If you must eat at a fast-food establishment, park at the farthest spot and walk in. And, of course, choose a healthier food option!
Walk to visit friends or neighbors.
Like to golf? walk instead of renting the cart.
Read/watch tv on a treadmill (or stationary bike).
I have a baby 3 months old he fall from my hand to bed but he did not even cry ath that time but after sometime he is not drinking milk from my right breast on sitting on months but on laying bed he is drinking milk from right breastwhat will be his problem he have no problem in drinking milk from left breast on sitting in my hands.
Can a girl get pregnant if man with precum on his finger, may be dried precum, inserted into her vagina just a bit inside.?
I am 34 years old female and my USG report shows a well defined left ovarian cystic SOL (size 46. 7 mm x 39. 6 mm approx). No septation or solid components noted within the cyst. Is it serious or required any major treatment. Please suggest what to do as I am getting married within few days.
I could not pleasure my wife on bed. We came to delhi from our native kerala two weeks ago. She was not having any problem at home place. At present She could not get any feeling while penetration. While doing in doggy style (not anal) she feels bit better with a pain between thies and vagina.
I am aged of 20 years ,menses started on Dec 28 th ,continuing till today ,started heavy bleeding from 5 th, can you please tell me why this happens to me.
Salivary gland produce saliva, which keeps the mouth hydrated. It softens and moistens the food that you chew while eating. Saliva also has a slight digestive function. Most of the times, tumors that form on the glands are noncancerous. But sometimes, they might be cancerous. There are three main salivary: parotid glands, submandibular glands and sublingual glands.
Salivary gland cancer falls under the category of mouth cancers. The symptoms of salivary gland cancer include:
- A lump or mass in the neck, face or mouth.
- Pain in one area of the face, mouth or neck (know more about to deal with neck pain)
- There is a noticeable difference in the shape or size of the right and the left sides of the face.
- Feeling numb and weakness on either side of the face.
The risks of salivary gland cancer are as follows:
- Exposure to industrial radioactive chemicals
- Diets high in animal fat but very low in vegetables and fruits
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking, or chewing tobacco
- Genetics or hereditary factors
The two most Ayurvedic treatment for salivary gland tumours are Arogyavardhini Vati and Punarnavadi Guggulu:
- Arogyavardhini Vati: Arogyavardhini Vati is the best Ayurvedic remedy for digestive conditions. Salivary gland tumors do end up affecting digestion. This remedy is beneficial for such. Arogyavardhini must be taken cautiously since it has potent metal (mercury, sulphur, iron, mica and copper) ingredients. It balances the vata, kapha and pitta doshas in the body. Do not take this medicine if you're pregnant or lactating.
- Punarnavadi Guggulu: Punarnavadi Guggulu is available in tablet form. It balances the vata and kapha dosha in the body. This medicines must be consumed carefully. The Ayurvedic practitioner must measure your doses strictly. Pregnant, lactating women and children must not consume this remedy.
Besides the two remedies, hot packs bring much relief, if you have pain in your face. Practicing Yoga and Pranayama daily can help the body flush out the ama (toxins) from the body.
My mother 38 yr old had underwent operation for fibroid uterus with serous cystadenoma rt ovary 10yrs back by a general surgeon and she was doing well for almost 6yrs. But then she had pain abdomen vague pain. We consulted gynecologist and she referred her to oncologist suspecting a malignancy. She was diagnosed as stage 3c disseminated ovarian carcinoma in the year 2013. She had gone through 6 cycles of paclitaxel and cisplatin. 6 cycles of doxorubicin still ca125 remained high, refractory to treatment then changed to etoposide. My doubt is does there is any negligence from the side of general surgeon who had done surgery in 2006. As he said that he is not able to respect some tissue so he left it.
Going thru ovulation study. Clomiphene citrate day 3 to 7, Hmg 75 on day2 and day 4. Today its 9th day- 11×10mm in right ovary & 5×6mm in left ovary. endometrium-5.3mm (my extra from day 2 to15) What to do? My doctor ask me to go for another ultrasound on day 12 to see if 11×10mm egg reaches maturity. But she didn't gave me another hmg injection today as the follicles are not dominant? So this cycle is a waste?
At times I discharge the white fluid from my vagina and its smelly. This ia bothering me and as I feel embarrassed to b in bed wid my hubby.
Some kind of white liquid is oozing out from her breasts. And it is also paining, while it gets out.
I have done sex with my girlfriend. She said I am virgin but when we do sex she did not bleed. So its possible if she is virgin and did not bleed? I think every virgin girl get bleed too much while she doing sex first time. So please tell me I am right or wrong? And why?
I am 5th month pregnant and 20 year old. This is my first time pregnancy. For last 15 days my breast are itching. To get relief I pressed and itches. I want to know is it okay to pressed or itching? Or should I take some medicine. please guide me.
1) Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
2) Honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
3 )All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide.
4) Honey helps reduce cough and throat irritation.
5) Honey is said to be useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.
6) Even though honey contains simple sugars, it is NOT the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners. Its exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.
7) Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria. This may explain many of the “mysterious therapeutic properties of honey as PROBIOTIC.”
8) Its anti-bacterial qualities are particularly useful for the skin, and, when used with the other ingredients, can also be moisturizing and nourishing!
Thalassaemia, which is commonly referred to as thal, is a disorder of the blood which is inherited from the previous generation. This condition triggers the production of abnormal red blood cells in the body which in turn paves the way for chronic anaemia. Red blood cells play an indispensable role in carrying oxygen all through the body and hence any abnormality in this regard can result in thalassemia, the symptoms of which include, weakness all over the body, fatigue, faint and shortness of breath.
Understanding the type of thalassemia:
Thalassaemia is often thought to be an iron deficiency disease (anaemia), but can be differentiated with the aid of certain blood tests. This disease is a lifelong condition which requires efficient management. The type of thalassemia an individual is suffering from can be attributed to the number of faulty genes the person has inherited.
The two variants of thalassaemia are beta and alpha. In the case of alpha thalassemia, having one faulty gene would lead to no health problems while two faulty genes can cause mild anaemia. If there are three mutated genes, it will cause Haemoglobin H disease, and regular blood transfusions may be required. But an unborn child with four mutated genes will not be viable enough to survive the pregnancy.
The beta thalassaemia also comes in various forms. The beta thalassaemia major needs lifelong transfusion of blood and it is the most common form of thalassaemia across the world. The beta thalassemia intermedia do not have to depend on blood transfusion.
The treatment option for mild thalassaemia is entirely dependent on the type of the disease and how intense it is. When the disease is on a mild and minor level, then there may not be need of any comprehensive treatment. But at times, blood transfusions become necessary especially after undergoing surgery or when the thalassaemia causes complications.
People who are affected by severe levels of beta thalassaemia will require transfusion of blood from time to time. The treatment also causes an overload of iron and thus it is important to remove the surplus iron content. There are several oral medications available for this, and the healthcare provider can recommend suitable medications.
Managing moderate to severe thalassaemia:
Some of the most general methods of managing and treating thalassaemia include
- Frequent blood transfusions: When the thalassaemia gets too severe, it becomes necessary to opt for blood transfusion after every few weeks. The blood transfusion can cause iron build up with the passage of time. This, in turn, can affect the heart and lungs along with other crucial organs. Therefore, it is important to take medicines that can eliminate the extra iron.
- Stem cell transplant: Also referred to as the bone marrow transplant, the stem cell transplant can be the best bet. It is recommended for kids who are born with severe thalassaemia. This treatment option can mitigate the need of a lifelong transfusion of blood and intake of drugs for controlling the iron overload.
A healthy diet is not only important for that toned waistline, but it also keeps your bones healthy. Two of the most important nutrients needed for healthy bones are Calcium and Vitamin D. Calcium helps in strengthening your bones while Vitamin D facilitates calcium absorption in the body. If the bones are not healthy, it can lead to bone disorders such as osteoporosis and rickets.
If you want to keep your bones fighting strong and healthy, here are some diet tips that you can follow:
Consume Yoghurt: A very good breakfast option, Yoghurt contains 30% of calcium and 20% of Vitamin D as per RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance), both being vital for healthy bones. It also contains little in terms of calories so that you don’t have to lose sleep over your waistline.
Milk: If you think milk is just for kids, think again. Milk is one of the best sources of protein and calcium; infact it contains 30% of calcium as per RDA. So yes! Drop all inhibitions and drink that glass of warm milk to keep your bones healthy.
Cheese: Another milk-based product, cheese is also rich in protein and calcium. You need to make sure that the cheese you consume is the fat-free version in order to restrict calorie intake.
Sardines: If you are planning on getting a fish sandwich for lunch, then you are on the right track. Sardines are not only rich in Omega-3 Fatty acids, but they also contain calcium and Vitamin D is high amounts.
Eggs: Don’t fear the egg yolk. Not so fast now! Egg yolk contains Vitamin D, an essential nutrient that facilitates calcium absorption in the body. Eggs are also one of the best super-foods as they are a powerhouse of various nutrients.
Spinach: Remember Popeye, the cartoon sailor whose muscular frame was attributed to spinach. Now let’s get down to the facts. Spinach contains calcium, fibre and iron – all very essential for your body. Consuming spinach regularly is one ‘go green’ way to keep your bones healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
M 33 weeks pregnant n my doc told me that baby head is not fixed in pelvic bone yet and is up free floating but in head down position. Also umbilical cord is wrapped around baby neck twice. Is there any risk to baby. Also I want to ask what are the chances of normal delivery as it is my first baby.
Will 5 gm of ashvagandha powder taken every day by a woman in 50s already passed menopause will add to her weight and that's too substantially. Gudica Mahesh.
- Most women realize that what they eat during pregnancy can have important effects on the health of their baby. however, very few expecting mother know exactly what to eat and what to avoid.
- Like weight lifters building new muscle tissue after their strength training sessions, pregnant women’s bodies are in building mode. But instead of building your own muscle tissue, you’re building the baby’s tissue.