Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Varini Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
Deat sir/Mam My period started bon 30/6/16 & I want to become pregnant so pls advise when to have sex and when to not have/stop sex? And when can I know that I am pregnant? Also advise if any change to be done in lifestyle and shall I avoid any foods? Should I lie-down after sex? Pls guide exactly/fully.
Hi, I am 29 years old female (Married). I have problems with my menstruation cycle. It usually comes after evry 60 days. I am suffering from thyroid as ell (Hypo). I am planning for baby now. Please suggest will I get issues in same?
Hi, I am 25 year old unmarried women , last 2 week onwards I am suffering from vaginal itching, itching near to labia, clitoris and near anus. Without discharge, no color changes and smell in discharge. Now some rashes are in labia I think because of scratches. Sometimes its very difficult to control. I had intercourse with my fiance. Am using warm hot water to clean my genital parts at that time I feel relaxation. Last 3 month onwards am in tuberculosis treatment and am consuming AKT4 tablet. Please help me.
Hello dr, what is normal weight of baby in pregnancy of 5mth&6mth. And it is possible that I am thin so baby also will be thin he/she cannot be normal weight at the time of delivery. I am 6mth pregnant. Pls kindly answer me of these questions I am very tense. Is my health is can b related to baby health. If yes then suggest me what food can I take to put on my baby weight.
I am 27 year old and my vagina has enlarged causing sexual problems between me and my husband. What should I do?
Dear doctor, My weight is so less just 33 kg and my breast size is 25 I want to increase my breast so please give me idea what I do. And How?
Hi Me and my husband loyal to each other. We love to unprotected sex ie wdt condom. So please suggest in un protected sex also how we can remain far from stds. And also I inform you here dt we hv taken all tests and we are not involved in any type of infections. So please sugest how we cn do unprotected sex safely.
I am 30, female, happily married since April 2013. I am a working woman and also my husband is. We love each other. We are planning for a baby. But unable to conceive. I had a leproscope Gald Bladder operation when i was 14. In the same operation my excess appendix was also got removed. So, my question is - am i not physically fit to conceive and do I need a checkup? If so, in which medical section?
The caraway seeds, leaves and roots are useful in activating the glands, besides activating the actions of the kidneys.
The seeds is considered an excellent purifier of body. The seed helps in assimilation of starchy foods.
It also helps in reduction of flatulence.
Hello, My cousin is suffering from vaginal discharge and because of that she's loosing her weight too. Could you please tell some solutions for this.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up.
I am having thyroid but it's under control and I am pcos too. But I am not periods at regular intervals what can I do.
My wife took clearkit but still positive and today we went to gain anf she gave ciplox tz and told us it will be clear in 3 days kindly help.
Although both are similar, treadmill and jogging are very different from each other. The same muscles are used in both the exercises and the same forward body movement is involved in both the exercises. Both are done for cardiovascular fitness, to decrease the amount of fat in your body, and to tone your legs. However, here are a few pointers which show you the difference between treadmill and jogging:
1. Treadmill is easy: Running on a treadmill is easier than going out for a jog. This is because a treadmill has a plain running surface with a constant environment. But when you go out for a jog, the surface may not be plain; the environment might not be constant as it can be windy or extremely sunny. The treadmill can also be adjusted according to your requirements, like the inclination can be increased or decreased; the speed of the belt can be increased or decreased, etc. It also affects the joints less because you are able to have a flat surface to place your foot every time, unlike the rough surface of the roads and lanes when you jog.
2. Convenience: Running a mile at home on a tread mill is much more convenient than going out for a jog. You can hop onto a treadmill for a run anytime, but going out for jog whenever you feel like, is difficult and can cause inconvenience. The weather might not be appropriate to go for a jog, or you might have certain things to do which you can while you are on the treadmill.
3. Motivation: Treadmills allow you to see how much you have run, which will motivate you to work harder and surpass your previous limit. This is difficult when you go out for a jog as you cannot calculate how much you ran.
4. Burning calories: Jogging outside is much more challenging than jogging on a treadmill. This is because of the various factors which you have to face like weather and terrain while you are jogging outside. This causes you to burn more calories than what you would on a treadmill. However, you can change the inclination and the speed of the treadmill which will also enable you to burn more calories.
Although jogging outside and on a treadmill might have these few differences, you will get the best results, if you are able to combine both together.
I am 24 year old female my health is going to increase day by day and I am having problem at vaginal its burning too much. What should I do its just like breaking too many bones.
My period cycle is normal but clotting of blood happens every time. First day itself blood clots starts. What should I do?
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'.