Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varalakshmi K
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varalakshmi KYour feedback matters!
What does neck and shoulder pain indicate?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury? your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.
PCOD (Polycystic Ovary Disorder) is an issue in which a woman’s hormones are out of control. It can bring about issues with your periods and make it hard to get pregnant. PCOD or PCOS additionally may bring about undesirable changes in the way you look. In case that it is not dealt with, after some time it can cause serious medical issues, for example, diabetes and heart diseases. In PCOD, the hormones change rapidly.
The reason for PCOD is not completely seen, but rather hereditary qualities might be a reason. PCOD appears to keep running in families, so your possibility of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have diabetes. PCOD can be passed down from either of your families’ side.
The most widely recognized clinical features are:
- Skin inflammation.
- Weight gain and problem getting thinner.
- Additional hair on the face and body. Frequently women get thicker and darker facial hair and more hair on the abdomen, stomach, and back.
- Diminishing hair on the scalp.
- Unpredictable periods. Frequently women with PCOD have less than nine periods a year. A few women have no periods. Others go through extreme bleeding.
- Infertility issues. Many women who have PCOD experience difficulty getting pregnant.
Some of the most effective and long-term treatments include:
- Normal work out and weight control are the key medicines for PCOD. Treatment can lessen uncontrollable symptoms and stop the long-term medical issues that come along with it.
- Try to fit in moderate movements and additionally outdoor activities regularly. Taking a walk is a great exercise that a great many people can do.
- Eating healthy foods is very important. This includes heaps of vegetables, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high in soaked fat, for example, meats and cheeses.
- Most women who have PCOD can benefit by shedding pounds. This can mean losing the hormones that are uncontrollable and having regular periods.
- In case that you smoke, consider stopping. Women who smoke have higher androgen levels that may add to PCOD symptoms.
- Your specialist may recommend anti-conception medication pills to decrease side effects and help you have consistent menstrual cycles or infertility medication in the case that you are experiencing difficulty getting pregnant.
- Aerobic exercises, jogging, walking for 1 hr. daily to be added.
It is important to consult a specialist for the follow-up to ensure that treatment is working and to change it if necessary. You may likewise require normal tests to check for diabetes, hypertension, and other conceivable issues. It might take a while for medicines to help with the symptoms, for example, facial hair or skin break out. You can use over-the-counter or physician endorsed pharmaceuticals for skin break out.
Since my friend had a miscarriage in April. She is planning to take a break of 2 to 3 months then try again. Can she take iron and folic acid tablet one per day for 3 months before planning pregnancy. From past 20 days She has started taking calcium tablet in afternoon, iron tablet and folic acid tablet in nite. Iron tablet name: uprise - xt - contains 100 mg of iron I studied in some sites saying intake of more iron will increase the chance of miscarriage. What she shud do now? She shud stop taking iron tablet? Since she had already taken this table how much gap she shud give to try again now. Pls help.
I had sex on the 10oct but condom broke at the end. M sure nothing went inside but took ipill within 2 hrs. My period date was 26 oct but got on 16 oct for 5 days. Today is 26 nov & still I have not got my 2nd period. Is it because of ipill or chances of pregnancy? Pls give the detail ans. Thanking you.
Hi, stay in sharja and its very hot here I am planning for a baby just want to no going for a walk in the evening in 45 degree is harmful and drinking butter milk in the evening will it harm to conceive a baby, becoz I read a article to conceive a baby avoid milk products please give me answer in detail.
My last period s date was 20 August and I had unprotected sex with my husband after 13 September regularly. Am I pregnant? Kindly guide me I don't want a baby.
* दांतों का गलना – छुहारे खाकर गर्म दूध पीने से कैलशियम की कमी से होने वाले रोग, जैसे दांतों की कमजोरी, हड्डियों का गलना इत्यादि रूक जाते हैं।
* रक्तचाप – कम रक्तचाप वाले रोगी 3-4 खजूर गर्म पानी में धोकर गुठली निकाल दें। इन्हें गाय के गर्म दूध के साथ उबाल लें। उबले हुए दूध को सुबह-शाम पीएं। कुछ ही दिनों में कम रक्तचाप से छुटकारा मिल जायेगी।
* कब्ज – सुबह-शाम तीन छुहारे खाकर बाद में गर्म पानी पीने से कब्ज दूर होती है। खजूर का अचार भोजन के साथ खाया जाए तो अजीर्ण रोग नहीं होता तथा मुंह का स्वाद भी ठीक रहता है। खजूर का अचार बनाने की विधि थोड़ी कठिन है, इसलिए बना-बनाया अचार ही ले लेना चाहिए।
* पुराने घाव – पुराने घावों के लिए खजूर की गुठली को जलाकर भस्म बना लें। घावों पर इस भस्म को लगाने से घाव भर जाते हैं।
* मासिक धर्म : छुहारे खाने से मासिक धर्म खुलकर आता है और कमर दर्द में भी लाभ होता है।
* खजूर गर्भवती महिलाओं में दूध की मात्रा में वृद्धि करता है और अधिक ऊर्जा प्रदान करता है।
* आंख की पलक पर गुहेरी रोग हो जाता है। खजूर की गुठली को रगड़कर गुहेरी पर लगाए। आराम मिलेगा।
* मोटापा - खजूर का सेवन मोटापा लाता है तथा शरीर का भार बढ़ता है, अतः मोटे व्यक्ति सोचकर खाए। दुबले व्यक्ति भार बढ़ाने के लिए खा सकते हैं।
* जिनकी पाचन शक्ति अच्छी हो वे खजूर खाएं, क्योंकि यह पचाने में समय लेती है। छुहारे, पुरा वर्ष उपलब्ध रहते है। खजूर केवल सर्दी में तीन महीने। जब जो उपलब्ध हो, उसका सेवन करें।