Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varalakshmi K
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varalakshmi KYour feedback matters!
It is the first vaccine that the doctor will ask your child to get if he/she gets wound. Tetanus is a rare but severe condition which occurs when bacteria enter into an open wound. It can turn fatal if left untreated, so you need to follow the vaccination schedule in order to control the infection. Indulging in substance abuse (especially the ones that require injecting with syringes) increases the risk of tetanus.
This disorder is caused by the bacteria called ‘Clostridium tetani’. The bacterium is known to survive for an extended period outside the body, and is found in places such as soil and the manure of cows and horses. The bacteria enter the body through a wound, multiply rapidly and then release a toxin. This toxin causes muscle spasms and stiffness, thus affecting your nerves. The bacteria can enter the body through cuts, burns, animal bites, body piercings and eye injuries. However, this disorder is not contagious.
The symptoms of this disease can take 5-20 days to develop fully in the body. Your child may experience symptoms such as a rise in the body temperature, sweating, rapid heartbeats, muscle spasms and stiffening of the jaw muscles. These symptoms will worsen if left untreated, eventually leading to cardiac arrest or suffocation in some cases.
If your child has a wound, the first step is to administer an injection of tetanus immunoglobulin. Tetanus immunoglobulin contains antibodies that effectively kill the tetanus bacteria. In case the symptoms start, then the child might need to be admitted to a hospital. Here, antibiotics and muscle relaxants are administered and breathing support may also be provided if required.
The preventive measure of this disorder is to be vaccinated against the ‘tetanus’ bacteria. The vaccine consists of five injections that are administered in a specific order. Once the entire course has been completed, it usually provides lifelong protection against the tetanus bacteria.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
About two years v r trying for a baby. I did hsg before two months it's third month after hsg. All r normal but till I dint get chance to conceive. Except iui what can be next step. This feeling make more hurting. Pls help advance thanks.
How To Treat Premature Ejaculation - 4 Step Strategy To Increase Your Sexual Endurance
Over 75% of men wish they are able to last longer in bed before ejaculating. There are ways to achieve that but first, you must understand certain myths about premature ejaculation before you can correct your thought process and overcome your premature ejaculation problem.
Firstly, premature ejaculation is not a sexual ailment that cannot be cured. There are many causal factors for a man suffering from premature ejaculation. Most have to do with his mental and psychological state which can be overcome with proper conditioning and switching of mind state.
Secondly, using "distraction techniques" to last longer during sex can be effective for some men, but not all. Some men may think of other things and focus their attention away from sex to prevent them from getting aroused and ejaculating too soon. However, it may not be the ideal method as it prevents you from enjoying the sexual process. The truth is you can still enjoy sex and experience it in thought and in action while still being in control over your ejaculatory trigger.
Third, it does not mean that you suffer from premature ejaculation just because you ejaculate within 2 minutes of having sex. One school of thought advocates that if you are able to bring your partner to an orgasm even within 2 minutes of sex, then you are not really suffering from premature ejaculation. The point is really bringing sexual satisfaction to your partner and if she is totally gratified in 2 minutes, then you have really achieved your main objective.
Fourth, there is no solid evidence that proved that male enhancement pills are 100% effective in curing premature ejaculation. As most root causes for PE is due to mental or psychological factors, the best methods are still those that address the mental activation of ejaculation. Natural or behavioural conditioning methods work best under such circumstances to permanently cure premature ejaculation.
So now that we busted 4 myths about premature ejaculation, how do we permanently cure ourselves of it? Here are 4 simple and natural strategies:
1. Determine the causal factors of your premature ejaculation. As mentioned earlier, there are different causes of PE and most are associated with mental and psychological factors. Stress and performance anxiety are common reasons. Bad masturbation habits can also cause PE. Some men rush through sex because of underlying erectile dysfunction problems as they fear they are unable to sustain their erection throughout the sexual process. Whatever the reason, only finding out the root cause can you begin to find solutions to effectively address it.
2. Set a target for how long you want to last in bed. As with all goal setting, there must be a specific target on how long you wish to last and then strive to reach that goal. Set small goals so that when you achieved your target, you become more confident. Then start to incrementally increase your target. Do not ever set unrealistic target at the beginning lest you become disappointed at your failure to meet it. The key to battle this problem is to go slow and steady.
3. Always maintain a positive mindset. You have to constantly be positive about what you want to achieve and believe strongly that you can realize your goal of overcoming premature ejaculation. Keep yourself motivated by thinking about how happy and sexually gratified your partner will be when you are able to give her the sexual pleasure she desires when you achieve the sexual stamina and endurance of your target.
4. Once you know what is the underlying root cause for your premature ejaculation problem and identified the solution, stay on the method until you achieved your desired result. Learning the effective technique to improve your ejaculatory control is important as there are many fraudulent methods that do not actually work. Natural conditioning methods like breathing control, arousal control, pelvic exercise as well as the correct hand and masturbation techniques will help you increase your sexual endurance. But do preserve and practise as your body needs time to adjust and condition itself. Eventually, you will taste success and immensely improve your sexual stamina as long as you keep working on it.
I have first time sex 1 month ago, then after some days my breast size get increased suddenly. please tell me what is this. Or this is a sign of pregnancy?
An estimated of 10 percent or more children snore for more than 1 night. Snoring results from the obstruction of breath when the air makes its way through the mouth. The air passage of the throat through which the air goes in and out causes the tissue to vibrate causing snore. The sound of the snore totally depends on the amount of air passing through the mouth and the frequency at which the throat is vibrating. Children above the age of three years tend to snore when they are deep in sleep.
Primary and secondary snoring:
Children who are otherwise healthy should not have a snoring problem unless there is some health disorder. However, if loud snoring is observed in otherwise a perfectly healthy kid, seeking medical help is a wise thing to do. In general, primary snoring is defined as a condition which is not associated with other sleep-related disorders such as lung disorder, OASS, inability to sleep for a longer duration etc.
It is estimated that close to three percent of the children suffers from breathing problem while sleeping. OSAS is a condition which is characterised by pauses in breathing and gasps along with loud snores. There could be instances where a kids’ muscle relaxes way too much obstructing the air to pass through. The body and the brain are both alerted at this stage. As soon as the brain sends a signal, the body wakes up. Thus, most kids suffering from this disorder are not able to sleep well and tend to feel tired throughout the day.
Common causes of sleep apnea:
Symptoms of sleep apnea during the day and night:
- Loud snore
- Snorts, gasps, pauses during sleep
- Heavy sweat during sleep
- Social and behavioural problems
- Failure to get up in the morning
- A nasal voice
- Easily irritated, cranky and aggressive
The first thing a that a doctor does is a physical exam followed by observing the symptoms of a kid. Primary snorting can be addressed by physical exercise, counselling and breathing exercise. Problems related to apnea are addressed through medicine, counselling, and exercise. Certain dietary restrictions also needed to be followed during this time. However, apena is completely treatable within a certain time frame.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With a number of virus and other mosquito borne disease threats looming in, such as dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases. The number of cases are on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My wife has just delivered a baby girl last month after recovering her body I'm realising that she's absolutely getting weak from inside due to calcium deficiency and muscle pain. Can you suggest me a better way of regaining her health and fitness by natural treatment? What kind of foods and supportive supplements I must to add in her meals?
When you are fatigued, depressed and bored of a routine life after a long day at work or study, you may think of a lot of different things to do so that you may be able to get to sleep on a more positive note. Some people may like to surf through the net, some may be into reading, some may listen to music to relax and rejuvenate and some may think that masturbation is one of the most relaxing things to do when you need to beat stress and fatigue.
However, little do we realize that the feelings that we may seek to run away from may be the ones that are aggravated because of masturbation.
Adolescents, who have had their first taste of early adulthood, discover a range of new feelings when when they touch themselves and the pleasure that they feel from an act that can be done without the help of anyone else, is on a different level altogether.
What does Ayurveda say?
According to detailed and in-depth studies of Ayurveda, masturbation is considered as the pathway to a number of physical, mental and emotional troubles. Some of the most commonly experienced problems include tiredness and lack of concentration, feeling of monotony and depression and a wrong impression of how actual sex might feel.
Apart from the emotional and mental stress, there may be a possibility of causing injury or infection to the penis because of regular touch and this risk is heightened in case where unhygienic methods of masturbation are practiced. Touching the penis with unclean or infected hands may cause an infection in the region and put you at the risk of major diseases or allergies.
While you may think you have an addiction towards masturbation, you should never rule out the possibility to be able to treat it and lead a better life because all of it is possible with the help of Ayurvedic treatment and therapies.
The excess and the effects of continued period of masturbation over the years can be reversed with the help of medication such as Vajikarna Rasayana, which helps in restoring the sexual libido with the most natural ingredients, as deemed fit by Ayurveda.
While it may be important to opt for medication when you are in the clutches of masturbation, it is also essential to make sure that you take medical advice from a trusted Ayurvedic specialist and get the right treatment path shown to you.