Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Varadarajulu RYour feedback matters!
My mother feel numbness in some body parts sometimes like hand leg cheek what is the cause of this and much it will be danger on future?
Sir I wanted to know what are the symptoms of moto neuro disease. What are the treatment available for it.
My husband is suffering from skin infection 'herper zoster'.He has epilepsy. Can he use his epilepsy medicines along with skin infection medicines? He is using oxmazetol 300 mg in the mornings and 500 mg in the night.
I want 2 know hw 2 keep my anger n depression in control as I can't change my present circumstances. My husband served me a notice of divorce after 12 years of marriage when I was staying with him. I ws forced 2 leave d house wth my son n since then I am living in a rented accommodation. I become angry n get headache which lasts for a. Couple of days, insomnia when I see him in court as we r litigating. I am unable 2 forgive him for hw he has got rid of me n my son. He doesn't want 2 pay a penny n is harassing me n my son. I want 2 keep my cool n fight d cases with him. My problem. Is that I keep ruminating about hw he Conspired against me. Tell me how can I manage 2 keep my my cool without giving too much thought 2 his misdeeds n behaviour in court. I hv understood that this marriage ws a fraud 2 extort money frm me n now he is not interested in his family. I try 2 meditate but feel my head heavy n am unable 2 focus well.
She is looking at the clock repeatedly, feeling more and more frustrated as the time passes as how it is getting late and her effort to sleep is going in vain.
Effort? can anyone put an effort for something which is a self programmed function of the body -mind complex?
Does one put an effort to breathe, make the heart beat or digest food?
Try doing this at home. Try putting a conscious effort to digest your food, be aware of it entering the food pipe and the stomach and then liver metabolizing it. You will end up with indigestion!
Effort is interfering instead with something which is automatic!
So your struggle to sleep is the biggest reason why you are unable to sleep!
Do not try to sleep
One should have courage to wait for the body to tune itself back during a temporary phase of insomnia due to some stressful/emotionally challenging situation.
One's continued stressful approach in life or excessive seeking for stimulation all the time may have finally resulted in the overworked nervous system being so stressed that it now has difficulty in tuning itself off.
There are people who have not slept at all in their entire lives, but there daily activities are not hampered at all, so
Get rid of these conditioning that shortage of sleep will have an ill effect on the body, though difficult, if you let go of this you will be happily surprised to know that this conditioning or belief was creating most of the bodily symptoms!
Chronic insomnia which has developed after a traumatic emotional experience may need a help from a professional like counselor or a hypnotherapist.
Sedatives decrease the brain activity by depressing the c. N. S, making one lethargic /drowsy with reduced mental efficiency and host of other side effects.
The induced sleep is more of non rem type (rem is supposed to be a deeper and moe refreshing phase)
Drug resistance develops soon and the dose gradually increases and so does the dependance and its withdrawal symptoms. And finally one must realize that they are not the cure
So it is better to take them as as a one-off thing, at times of acute distress or urgent need to sleep.
Some other tips which are of secondary help.
1. Do not keep a clock/watch with you in your bed room.
2. Avoid heavy dinner or supper, keep your digestion in check.
3. Do not immediately go to sleep after dinner.
4. Avoid caffeine based drinks esp coffee or if you must have it, take it before evening.
5. Try putting off gadgets like mobiles, t. V, games, magazines etc.
Lastly in a nutshell, do not get overworked if there is reduced or delayed sleep, that will act as a stressor which will prevents sleep, have the courage so as to not to sleep at all. Do not anticipate tomorrows after-effects. Surrender to the intelligence of your body, it will take care of it.
I have headache how can we cure it. Recently I have having half side headache? What should I do? Is I am suffering from migraine?
My father age 74, had right side head injury in road accident 3 months back. Presently left hand is partially not working. Ct scan report shows slight bleeding. Can this be cured by medication or surgery is required. Please guide me.
I am suffering from migraine from past 3 years. Only at the time of treatment ill be ok ok but after completing the course again it will come. What to do?
I suffer from severe head ache when I think lot or depressed due to some reasons that time I feel very much heaviness in mind. That time my nerves are shaking/blinking. I want to come out of that pl suggest me something.
Sir, my friend who is 25 years old male got migraine problem since 12 years, because of it he couldn't concentrate on his career. He consulted many doctors but he didn't got the solution. What should he do now sir?
I am 25 years old. My both hands have been shivering for 10 years. I consulted many doctors they gave me vitamin injections and vitamin and at last I consulted neurologist he prescribed me medicine and told me if I would not get cure then consult psychiatry and now I could get relief from that.
A migraine is one of the worst form of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralized workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.