Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vanita MathewYour feedback matters!
Lybrate | Dr. C.M.Dambre speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Prickly heat rashes, otherwise called miliaria rubra, is a rash comprising little, raised red spots that causes a stinging or prickling sensation and irritation on the skin. These rashes can grow at any place on the body, yet it normally shows up all over, neck, back, abdomen or thighs, a couple days after one is exposed to high temperatures.
The rash results in minor spots or knocks that are surrounded by a territory of red skin. The spots, once in awhile, look like modest blisters and can bring about:
A stinging or extreme prickling sensation
Prickly heat rashes, more often than not, occur when a person sweats more than expected. For example, during hot or damp climate. However, it is more likely to get prickly heat in the winter.
The condition is brought about when the body's sweat glands tend to get blocked. Extreme sweating leads to sweat getting trapped under your skin. The trapped sweat causes skin disturbance and results in different types of heat rashes.
Prickly heat rashes are not an extreme condition and usually require a particular treatment. The rash typically vanishes after a couple of days. However, there are a few things you can do to treat your symptoms. The best ways to cure prickly heat rashes are:
Stay away from excessive warmth and humidity in case you have to go outside. Try to stay in the shade or take a small fan with you. Being exposed to the warmth will make you sweat increasingly and may exacerbate your rash to a great degree thus, leading to pain and even sores. Drink a lot of liquid to stay away from lack of hydration, particularly in hot climate.
Wear free flowing and loose cotton clothes and abstain from wearing synthetic clothes. For instance, polyester and nylon trap heat faster than regular filaments, so it is better to avoid them.
Keep your skin cool. A shower will cool you off, relieve your skin and reduce excessive sweating. Staying in a ventilated space for a couple of hours a day will likewise be of significant help. Under extreme conditions, you can utilize an ice pack, however do not keep it on the skin for longer than 20 minutes.
Utilize calamine cream. It is available at most drug stores and will relieve you from sore and disturbed skin.
Apply hydrocortisone cream. Low-quality hydrocortisone cream is available at drug stores and is adept at treating exceptionally aggravated areas of the skin. In any case, abstain from utilizing it all over and follow the directions of a skin specialist.
- Antihistamine tablets may control tingling and itching. Do consult a specialist or a doctor before using them, considering the side-effects they might have on you.
How to get rid of from the side effects of betnovate cream, which resulted in facial hair growth and lots and lots of pimples in face, neck and shoulder?
What is the permanent cure for small small pimples filed with white puss on the head ,and hairs are also falling .Please give what is the cause and how to prevent it .It's been since long around 1.5 years not completely getting rid of it.
When I used facewash overtime my scan become dull after a few time. Give me advise about perfect face care. Plz.
I have acne & pimples on my face since last 2 year. I have taken medicine from a MBBS doctor for 1year. What should I do?
Hai sir am 23 year boy and my name is arun. I have a big problem on my face. On my face there smal pimples and it become black on my face. What should I do?
Sun, skin disorders, aging and even heredity can all contribute to skin irregularities on the face and elsewhere on the body. These include textural irregularities like wrinkles and acne scars, pigmentation changes like freckles and sunspots, or visible blood vessels.
In addition, skin may lose tone, feel less firm, and certain areas of the body may develop cellulite conditions.
Conditions that can be treated with skin rejuvenation and resurfacing include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood-filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structures (collagen and elastin fibers) that result in a loss of skin firmness or the development of cellulite.
Please anyone tell me, how I can prevent hair fall. I can't use shampoo because it will increase my hair fall, without shampoo dandruff will increase. Pls anyone give solution how I can preventdandruff and hair fall.
I am suffering from hair loss this happened since 2 years. My hair fall more know days I am little worried what will be happen in future. My hair get thin due to shampoo. I really need a good suggestion that what would I do and use to my hair to make them strong. Please help in this.
I am 25 years old and my hairs have started to grey. Pre mature greying of hairs started 5 years ago but they are almost 40% grey now. Now I want to hide them by colouring them but afraid of its side effects Which brand should I use to avoid or to have minimum side effects. My hairs are dry.
My sister condition is very bad. Whenever she comb her hair, they would broke out. I will be very graceful to you if you would help me.
I am 13 weeks pregnant. I have got acne on my face. What is the home remedies for that which will reduce acne and I have oily skin.
Hives or urticaria is an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps around the skin surface, formed mainly due to the body’s response to particular allergens. Generally, the infectious bumps are of varied shapes and sizes and last for about 5-6 weeks. Although not a serious medical condition, hives can cause tremendous discomfort to the concerned person and affect his/her daily activities. Hives can be cured with a prescribed dosage of antihistamines or oral corticosteroids.
Causes of hives
Although the exact reason behind their formation is still unknown, researchers suggest that this disorder occurs as a response to involuntary histamine release by the skin blood vessels (that in turn, causes a leakage of blood plasma). Some other factors that can be responsible are:
- Hives can occur due to insect or parasite bites.
- Hives can also result as a side effect of painkillers such as codeine and other anti- inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or ACE inhibitors.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight or high levels of stress (leading to high cortisol levels in the body) can also result in hives.
- Intense scratching around the same spot can also result to hive formation.
- Excessive alcohol intake can render you even more vulnerable to this disease.
- Excessive intake of foods such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate and berries might also cause hives. Additionally, excessive consumption of certain food preservatives can also trigger the release of histamine.
- Suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders can make you prone to chronic cases of hives (which might last for more than 6 weeks).
Symptoms of hives
The symptoms of hives include, but are not limited to:
- Appearances of several reddish welts around the face or arms which might cause a severe itchy sensation.
- Painful and abnormal swelling around the mouth
- You might also feel tightness in your chest along with recurring bouts of dizziness.
If not treated promptly after diagnosis, hives might result in life-threatening allergic reactions, such as Anaphylaxis (narrowing down of the bronchial tubes, thus causing significant breathing trouble) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.