Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vanita MathewYour feedback matters!
My skin is becoming full of pores what should the precautions are taken to keep the skin smooth and fair.
Hello doctor this is pravin. How to prevent my face from acne? Because it makes lot of black dots in my face. How to remove the black dots?
I face was fair and beautiful but now black and boil on face. What I can to re fair and clear face and to get beautiful face.
Actually is there any way to get more facial hair as one of my friend is of 16 actually he want more facial hair than the normal or beard so if there are any home remedies or medicines which could help him to get a beard faster I hope you could answer to my question.
Helo, My skin is dry please suggest cheap facewash for my dry skin jo skin color b white kre n mere eyes ke niche dark circles hai woh kaise thik hoge?
I have skin problems as like acne and pimples on faces. And scars also. My chest front part also have acne but it's too hard type and it has pain and itching always.
After shaving, I found rashes on my cheek, and also one or two large pimples arise there, the arise rashes automatically vanished after 2 days but the pimples not, please help what can I do, its happening for more than 1 year, I applied betnovate c ,after applying only for 3 days at night, I think the rashes arise more so I stopped applying.
Lybrate | Dr. Srilakshmi K R speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
How can we avoid the problem of hair fall and which shampoo can we used to solve this kind of problems.
I have corns on my leg from last 6 months what should I do? I have it on my hand also how does the cause?
Few days back I used a skin cream which made my face bi coloured somewhere bright and somewhere dark. What should I do.
Most people lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet, the thinning of scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous hair growth filling up the vacant spots. But permanent hair loss occurs if the cycle of shedding and growth is disrupted or the hair follicle is damaged and substituted with a scar tissue.
Few possible causes can be-
- Genetic factors: Genetic factors bring about gradual hair loss in both the sexes; resulting in bald spots and a receding hairline in men and the thinning of hair among women. Hereditary factors also determines the age at which you could start losing hair.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as hormonal imbalances attack the body’s immune system, thus resulting in damaged hair follicles, scalp infections such as ringworm, skin disorders and hair pulling disorder, a psychological condition that causes people to pull out hair from the scalp, eyebrows or other parts of the body.
- Medications: Hair loss can be caused due to intake of certain drugs, such as the ones for birth control or for treating high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, arthritis or cancer. Consumption of excessive Vitamin A can cause hair fall as well.
- Stress: Physical and emotional stress can cause hair loss. Surgery, high fevers, and blood loss can cause enough stress to cause excessive shedding. Childbirth can result in hair loss for several months after delivery. As for psychological stress, the link is less well defined, but many people have reported losing hair at times of extreme mental stress or anxiety.
- Other Possible Reasons: Other reasons such as radiation therapy to treat cancer, emotional or physical trauma, surgery, extremely high fever or sudden and excessive weight loss can all contribute to hair loss. Hair styling equipment and other chemical based treatments are some of the other triggers of hair loss.
- Anemia: Anemia (insufficient red blood cells in the blood), Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (a condition marked by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer edges of the ovaries), thyroid disorders or pregnancy can also result in hair loss.