Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vanita MathewYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 28. I have white beard near chin, forcefully I have to shave every 2nd day. Scalp hairs are also grey partly ; which can be dyed. Is there any therapy for avoiding white beard so early. Also which dyed shd I use for scalp. Perfectly healthy, no medication going on. Pls Reply soon!
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
If I have infection in my scalp skin due to which my hair fall happen continuously, how much months medication me require? please tell me.
He have mild scalp psoriasis. Doc suggested him to use scalp shampoo and topical 6 % lotion. He used livosik and even tablets for 10 days daily once. Now the flakes have reduces to a large extent but his scalp is visible at some places. He had thick and dense hair. Looks like it has thinned down and scalp is visible. Is it coz of psoriasis. Doc suggested him hairgro tabs. Will his hair comeback to normal and any suggestions or good foods? Please let us know your opinion. He is a vegetarian.
I m 20 years old and having hairfall problem since 2 years... Can please suggest what will I have to do now to decrease hair fall.
I have problem of ringworm. I have already used several creams for it but it all vain. Kindly advice me.
I am 27 yrs old female suffering from dark circles from many years. I am medical student and study for late night my diet was also not good but I am taking seabuckthorn capsules rich in omegas n vitamins and also using under eye gel of aloe vera for diminishing my horrible circles but they work none for me. At age of 18 I m using contact lenses for my eye sight vision. My under eyes have wrinkles and hollow circles that's it no eyes bags no puffiness or no crows feet nothing and this is not genetic its is from when I am 18 yrs old. Pls guide me some better tips to prevent from these horrible dark circles and get my childhood skin back soon?
Sir I have some small pimples on my penis and also on the skin around my genital area. And when I press that pimples a white coloured fluid comes out. How can I cure it.
My age is 17 years. My problem is related to eyes. I have dark circles on my eyes and also when I start study then my both eyes starts watering and I feel stress and at that time there is darkness in front of me. Please suggest me about its treatment.
My face is fair. But my arms upper hand are so much dull colour and also dark dots is there. What can I do for getting fair hands from shoulder to fingers. Pls help me.
A woman’s body goes through a number of changes during her lifetime and therefore, it is always better to undergo regular health check-ups at proper intervals to ensure that all organs of her body function well.
Endometriosis is something, which every woman is likely to have heard about. However, not many women are aware of what it exactly is. Even fewer know about what they should look out for when it comes to having endometriosis or understanding what it means to be suffering from it. Is it not a lot better to be informed about all of this?
The condition of endometriosis is when the tissue that is supposed to be inside the uterus also known as the womb and lining, starts growing outside it. What effectively happens is that the lining of the uterus, known as the endometrium, is trapped in the pelvic area.
Some amount of discomfort is usually experienced by women who are menstruating. However, when a woman has endometriosis, the amount of pain is pretty persistent, sometimes extending to a month-long duration. Some women also suffer from excess bleeding.
Unfortunately, the symptoms are not only limited to this. Women who are adversely affected by endometriosis usually find having sex painful as well, ironic as it is supposed to provide pleasure.
Also fertility is the primary function affected by it. There are so many complications in this regard. It is said that about 50 percent of women who have endometriosis have trouble getting pregnant and carrying a baby. Effectively, as sad as it is, endometriosis has the potential to take away the entire prospect of motherhood from a woman.
In addition to this, a fair number of cases, show that the symptoms, which are experienced worsen over the course of time. So, what this means is that the lifestyle of the woman may be severely affected as the symptoms get progressively worse; which is just one of the reasons why treatment is something, which should be resorted to sooner than later.
One of the lifestyle changes which may be beneficial in reducing the severity of endometriosis includes a change in your diet. Increased intake of green vegetables and fresh fruits along with a reduced consumption of red meat is definitely worth a try. Regular exercising is also helpful in treating the condition.