Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vani VasanthYour feedback matters!
I have hair fall problems so please help me. I use many oils to treat it bt not stop by all an I always use aloevera fir it.
I have so many ferecles on my body and new freckles are occurring day by day. I consulted many drs. They say that there is no treatment of it. I dont go into sun so sun exposure is not a problem.
The colour of one's skin is determined by melanin that is made by special skin cells. Melanin gives the skin its colour without which our skin would be pale pink. Skin pigmentation is dependent on the amount of melanin that is being produced. Skin pigmentation conditions may plague many people when there is an imbalance in the melanin production within the skin, due to damage to these melanin producing cells. Let us find out more about these conditions-
If there is too much melanin production in the body, the skin may give a dark hue or show up as patches of discolouration. On the other hand, if the melanin production is too low, then the skin may give light or white coloured patches.
The awry skin pigmentation can give rise to a number of conditions with depigmentation, hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. Albinism is a genetic skin condition giving rise to almost no colour. An abnormally low amount of pigmentation can create hypopigmentation, making the skin look much lighter than it actually is.
Finally, hyperpigmentation is a condition where there is increased pigmentation, either due to increased melanin production or due to other pigment creating substances in the skin. In such cases, the skin appears darker in colour than its original shade.
- There can be many causes for the above conditions. Injuries, burns, inflammation causing disorders, drug abuse and increased exposure to the sun can cause such conditions.
- Rarely, some hereditary conditions may also cause a problem in pigmentation.
- Infections, autoimmune disorders and allergies may also cause skin discolouration and an irregular skin tone.
- Further, conditions like eczema, birthmarks, and hormonal changes can lead to irregular skin pigmentation too.
Dermatoscopy and woods lamp examination can help in understanding the cause of the pigmentation problem. Also, sometimes blood tests may be required for diagnosis.
The treatment of hyperpigmentation is done by the use of skin lightening preparations. Procedures like chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser therapy can be done which target the top layer of the skin.
I M having a lot hair fall from last few months. What can I do for that? Is it possible to control the hairfall without any side effects.
I have total six gaanth in my hand, stomach and back from past 6-8 months. They are not disappearing and there is no pain too. Wht can I do to dissolve them as I really worried abt wht if they are become cancerous.
Hi. My mother in law and my husband are suffering from psoriasis. They have controlled it through ayurvedic medicine. I have never discussed this with my husband, I don't want him to feel bad. But I am worried. What if my 3 year old son get the same problem.is it possible?
I have many chicken pox scars on my face .please help me to remove these scars quickly. I will be greatly thankful to you.
How to get rid of the tan and growth of hair on the upper lip. And is the for heat or due to the consumption of any medicines. Please help me in this issue.
My hair is white I try many medicine but no effect on it please tell me the solution why I can do my hair black.
My son got a cut mark near eyebrows by furniture. I went to hospital and Dr. Use a solution to joint his cut mark. But still a mark is visible. What should I do to remove cut mark ?
I am a 46 years old male I have fungal infection on my chest area since last 4-5 months a dark patch about 5 inch in diameter slightly redish brown spot sometime feel miner itching and nothing else I tried many creams etc. But it remain there.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.