Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vani H NYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor I got blesses with a baby girl on 6th may by caesarean. Both baby and mother are healthy. May I know when the baby can take bath.
Hi my baby was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux with suspected uti. And was put on antibiotics till date. She was 2 months old at diag. Now she is normal. Should we need to continue the med. Dose 1.5ml septron.
Methi seeds are found to be effective in persistent coughs. Both leaves and seed equally help in cooling down body. It is therefore necessary that we continue consume more in our daily diet.
Today’s its also use in cosmetic and hair care products.
How to use:
1. Boils & Swellings : Leaf-paste , heated and applied when lukewarm
2. Anemic patients: 10 gm methi seeds cooked with 100 gm rice.
3. Hair Growth : Seed paste applied on head
4. Skin Diseases : Cooked methi leaves taken daily for a fortnights
5. Mouth ulcer, sore throat : Leaves Gargle 5-6 times daily
6. Pimples : Fresh leaf paste applied on face
7. Headache & Insomnia : 2tsp fresh juice of methi leaves along with 1 tsp honey taken daily for 10 days
I'm a breast feeding mom all of suddenly I got fever and cold, doc suggested not to feed baby until I get cured, but unfortunately the milk left over in my breast is paining a lot pls give me Solution urgent I can't handle this pain.
Hello sir I am 23 year old, mother of 11 month old baby. (feeding stage) Day by day my weight loss. What is remedy? Any Ayurveda methods.
My son have 1 and Half yrs. I still feeding breast milk. He is eager to drink only breast milk. Don't like to eat foods and all. How to solve this problem.
My grandson was born yesterday at 16 30 hrs. The doctor has said that the child had was gruntin and finding it difficult to breathe initially. After a few hours in the incubator and a few feeds this gradually disappeared. Should the child be checked by a pediatrician for anything specific and what is it we should look for and also what care should be taken.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi my daughter is 9 months old and she wakes up a lot in the night, every 1 hour she gets up and cry, any reason? Suggestions?
I am a parent of 2 years baby boy when he was 45 days I accidentally pulled my baby penis while diapering from then I am fearing about his sexual life please help me.
Hello Dr. Mere Abhi 10 din hue he operation se ladki hue he to muje kya dhyan rakhna pdega khane me or care krne me.
Hello doctor. My son is completing 6 months with exclusive breastfeeding in an another week. Please suggest the best food items to start off semi solid or solid items.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Breastfeeding up to two years of age or beyond is based on the fact that breast milk is a [key organic source of DHA (Omega fatty acids), vitamin A, calcium and proteins and provides protection against infectious agents].
In 2008 the American Academy of Family Physicians said this in their [position paper]:
> It has been estimated that a natural weaning age for humans is between
> two and seven years. Family physicians should be knowledgeable
> regarding the ongoing benefits to the child of extended breastfeeding,
> including continued immune protection, better social adjustment and
> having a sustainable food source in times of emergency. The longer
> women breastfeed, the greater the decrease in their risk of breast
> cancer. There is no evidence that extended breastfeeding is harmful to
> mother or child.
[Many scientific studies prove] the point that longer breastfeeding [enhances the
neurodevelopment of infants] and their intellectual and scholastic ability in later life. **from one of these studies increase in the IQ by breastfeeding is directly related to the duration of breastfeeding**. These benefits are strongest for the infants of low birth weight on breastmilk feeding. It is found that Poor who are more likely to
enter into child malnutrition are more likely to benefit from enhanced optimal breastfeeding
longer breastfeeding promotes suppression of [following Diseases and benefits to the infant] :
- Enhanced stereoscopic vision
- Neuromotor development
- Lower chances of obesity in Adult life
- [Increase in height]
- suppression of gastrointestinal and respiratory infectious morbidity
- suppression of atopic eczema
- suppression of asthma
[Benefits for the Mother]:
- [Weight loss]
- lower chances of breast cancer
- lower chances of premenopausal ovarian cancer
- suppression of hypertension
- suppression of type 2 diabetes
- suppression of myocardial infarction (heart attack).
**WHO recommends that breastfeeding should continue for two years or more without accurately establishing a maximum duration for breastfeeding.In addition, there is insufficient evidence on the advantages and disadvantages of continuing breastfeeding after two years.**
[It is unfortunate that about many mothers are unable to breast feed even upto 1 year]. This may be because We’ve sexualized the breast so much that people have forgotten breasts are for breast-feeding. There is A [Harvard Study which looks at both health AND cost outcomes for U.S. mothers] if they were to breastfeed for 1 year.The study found that if 90% of mothers breastfed, U.S. women would significantly lower their risk of heart attack, breast cancer, and hypertension. On a macro level, further investment in lactation support for moms could prevent $17.4 billion in maternal health costs.
Many mothers have shared [positive Experiences of extended breastfeeding in this article]
Problem may be in assimilation.
Homoeopatic treatment is one of best solution for that.