Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vandana M
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana MYour feedback matters!
Hello, My mother is having thyroid and blood anemia due to which her HB remains low. She is taking daily one dilzem tablet for heart beat function control and one thyroxine early morning as advice by doctor . Now recently she got some severe teeth pain and dentist advice her for root canal treatment of that teeth. As per HB test conducted today her hemoglobin is only 4.5. Request your advice whether we can go ahead with root canal treatment for teeth or should wait for HB to be little normal. Is there any risk to undergo root canal treatment at present position. Dentist told to consult physician and take advice to go ahead. Hence request your advice. My mother is 52 years old. Thanks!
My wife Jyoti is suffering from cold (continuous running nose) from last 8 days. Sometimes fever and headache with full body ache. She tòok allopathic medicines "bonacide forte, montair LC' regularly 2 times in a day and one dose of 'cetirizine'Today she got throat infection. Kindly suggest.
I am suffering from stomach pain. It will comes after a week and before a week from the date of menstruation. Pain will long for 45 mins and it automatically downs. Is there any serious problems?
How to reduce my weight. Till now I am doing diet but its not working. I do not know how to reduce my weight.
I'am 19 years old and I can't sleep at night I tried already taking sleeping medicine and did not work, what should I do?
I suffered from alopecia areata 10 years ago i.e when I'm 14 years old. Is there any chance of growing hair back now.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - It is important that you eat foods that are high in fiber and nutrients, but low in calories in order to stay healthy. Consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. often lead to heart problems. But foods like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish in your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking increases your chance of getting heart disease by about 2 - 4 times. As it can damage the lining of the arteries, which leads to build up of atheroma, and narrows the artery. This eventually can lead to heart attack or stroke. Smoking further reduces the level of oxygen in your blood, due the presence of carbon monoxide, that means your heart has to pump harder to supply the body with the oxygen it needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.