Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana A MehraYour feedback matters!
Meri. 44 months ki bebi k jabaan me chale jesa ho jata hai phir apne aap thik ho jata hai ye kis vajah se hai me use iron cacium multi vitamins de rahi thi but us vajah se band kar di.
Hello, doctor I got a wound inside my mouth and it' s paining heavily. And I got white colour wound inside mouth I have attached pics please help.
Am suffering with sulfur granule discharge from mouth during early morning mouthwash since a month. I heard it is due to actinomycetes. The granule count is 2 to 3. Wat should I do?
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I am 26 year old male. Having many bad teeth, consulted a doctor and he told he will bridge correct 22 teeth and it will cost around 1.2 lacs. Is any option there?
I have a high tooth sensitivity. After having 2/3 pieces of home-made olive pickle I can't even eat meal due to tooth sensitivity. Please help me.
Little bit of blood is coming after every eating through my mouth. What should I do? Please help me.
I have problems of teeth and gums. If I eat the food then food inserted inside the teeth and create pain and gums pain feeling too bad. please have a look to give Mr. directions what should I do?
sir, i am experiencing pain in the right cheek joint while taking food.as my mouth had small opening pain is considerable i am told that the existing problem is due to severe attrition and also due to deep bite as per the first hand information 18 teeth equires pct(all 8 molars ,top 4teeth due to ,misalignment, and bottom 6 as nerves r exposed).all 28 teeth requires capping. my request to dentists is pl throw some light regardig(1)anticipated cost of rct (2)capping or crowns cost for all 28teeth with pfm type with recommendation of reputed mfg( 3)time of completion (4)after going through this will the joint pain under control as regarding me i am 62 years old retired person with diabetic ,ht,thyroid,(all under control(almost normal) with medicines and pure vegetarian as the issue is big i need some guidelines from expert pannel to take right decission.thanks
My teeth are not in one, if I do the leveling of teeth operation is it good after operation, is it no problem.
My mother experiences dryness in her mouth during sleep and after she wakes up. Upon waking up she feels as if there is no saliva in her mouth. What should she do?
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Tooth decay (cavities)
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.