Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vanajakshi GYour feedback matters!
Hy. I m rajdeep singh I have a question that all the I suffer from cold. Sometimes water comes from my eyes even I m sitting at home.
Hello Readers I'm writing on behalf of my mother who has been suffering from Migraine since she was 16; she is 60 now. All these years have been intense especially the mornings that has numbered to 16000 now; we tried all the alternatives, namely Ayurveda, Acupressure, Homeopathy, myriad doctors such as Neurologists, Physicians, General Practitioners. Based upon the advices, my mother has been taking drugs, Vasograin, Suminat, Ambulex, Alprax for last 5 years and have seen a reduction in the frequency of the attacks ; I will try to be concise about the schedule/methodology as mentioned below: a.Migraine attacks come every morning (I believe after the sleep); vasograin and ambulex are taken which subside the pain before my mother could start her day. B.There are days when after upon eating several foods (such as milk product items, wheat products, spinach, tangy fruits), migraine does come back and the solution is a second dose of vasograin. However, introduction of Gasex (Himalaya product) after the food has reduced the intensity of the pain. C.Alprax is taken (once or twice a month) in case the headache is intense and a feeling of numbness is there. D.Every 15 days or so, my mother gets a severe attack that goes away only with the Suminat (25 mgs) that comes with the nausea. After all these years, I?m intensely worried about the GI Tract of my mother, poisoning of the organs because of drugs ingestion, overall general health and what not; your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.
Today I went to an eye specialist. He told me that I have an eye sight of 0.75 for both eyes. I asked him whether to eat carrot and food that is rich in vitamin A to decrease eye sight naturally without using spectacles. He told me that taking food those are rich in vitamin A will only helps you out of redness in eye, making eye wet etc. Where as eye sight comes from heredity. So we cannot do anything now. Can someone help me out from this? Is there any natural method of decreasing eye sight without using spectacles?(even if the natural method is to follow for 2 years, 3 years or 4 years also I will follow, but suggest me some natural methods)
I am Venu. My age 20. My eyes getting red. When iam studying? That time iam getting more tears can't study well. What the problem for my eys. This problem face last 1 week.
The eyes are such a complex structure that even minute changes in the extremely complicated internal structure affects the most important function of the eye, vision. And anyone with a vision problem can vouch for the extent of effect it has on the quality of life. Whether you are able to see only things at a close distance or far off, it is definitely difficult.
The good news, however, is that with the thorough understanding of the eye’s structure, these abnormalities can be corrected and absolutely normal vision can be restored. While surgery was the only mode of correction a few decades ago, but laser has come to rescue, especially in intricate structures like the eye.
LASIK is an abbreviation for laser in-situ keratomileusis. This is the most common and popular method to correct vision in errors of refraction. In all these conditions (as below), the cornea which is the clear portion in the front of the eye is affected.
The light passes through the cornea, lens and falls on the back of the eye (retina), where an image is created, sent to the brain where it is reversed, and this is what we ‘see.’ Each of these parts have to be in perfect condition in order to produce this proper sight. Errors of refraction fall into three main categories.
- Nearsightedness: There is difficulty in seeing far off objects, so road signs and boards are difficult to follow. Seeing objects that are closer is not affected. Most important cause is excessive staring into computer monitors.
- Farsightedness: The person has difficulty seeing things that are nearby and has to hold them at a distance for clarity.
- Astigmatism: Light rays merge to focus on multiple points either in front of or behind the retina. Normally, however, they should focus on a single point on the retina. There could be blurred vision, squinting, and eye strain.
What is done?
During the laser surgical procedure, ultraviolet laser beam is directed at the cornea. It is reshaped - made thinner in nearsightedness, elongated in farsightedness, and restoring the normal shape in astigmatism. This ensures that light is focused properly on the retina, producing sharp images and restoring vision.
- Success rate as high as 96% - most patients no longer need the glasses or contacts they were using earlier
- Minimal pain
- Immediate correction of vision
- No stitches required
- Further adjustments to vision using glasses or contact lenses can be made if required
While errors in refraction are extremely common, there is no reason to panic. Corrective measures are also available, which can restore an almost normal vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.