Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vanajakshi Bai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vanajakshi BaiYour feedback matters!
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women.
Reasons that make IVF a popular procedure:
- Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
- High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female's ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
- Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My gf is 1 week late so she checked in on pregnancy kit and the result was negative. But I have a fear that the pregnancy kit is showing wrong data. Any help.
A workout snack should be something that makes you full, is rich in nutrients and gives you a whole lot of energy. Since workouts are intense and require a lot of energy, your workout snack should be able to provide you with that kind of energy. Here’s a list of snacks that you can have pre workout or post workout:
You can blend up any kind of smoothie you like. Include fresh fruits, Greek yogurt, dry fruits, protein powder, and soy milk in your smoothie. These ingredients will you the dose of energy that you will require for a workout or for after a workout.
Eggs contain proteins in a large amount.You can eat a few boiled eggs. Eggs make for an ideal workout snack. Eggs do the work of refilling the wear and tear of muscles.
3.Oatmeal with fresh fruits
Oatmeal along with fresh fruits will keep you full and give you the energy to sustain an intense workout. It is the perfect workout snack to be had before or after.
4 .Whole wheat toast with peanut butter
Peanut butter is also rich in proteins. This will also make you full and also give you the energy for a workout.Peanut butter also contains good fats.
Banana is a great option for a workout snack. It is readily available and needs no cooking. It fills you up easily and also provides you with the required energy.
Hummus also makes for a great workout snack. Chickpeas being rich in proteins and fibre will give you the required energy for before and after a workout. You can have hummus with pita bread or some carrots or celery.
7. Energy bars/ Granola bars
Energy bars and granola bars are readily available and so are a go to snack. These will help you to replenish what you have lost from a sweat and also make you prepared for a workout. They are again rich in protein and fibre.
So next time you decide to hit the gym you know what you can eat pre and post a workout.
Having continuous pain in my lower abdomen. Im 18 weeks pregnant. No blood spotting just the pain. That why im worried. Is it something very serious. My Dr. said its normal if no spotting. Because the pain is continuous im getting really worried. Now its been more than a week.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are afew tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!