Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vakeel
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VakeelYour feedback matters!
Hii, I have itching problem in the bottom of penis and there 2 small tumor (रसोली) and 1 is paining and main thing is penis size is decreasing before 1-2 year it was 5-6 inch and now its only 4 inch in length, please suggest me best treatment for it and gain size again.
I'm 29 year old men unmarried. I'm going to have sex and intercourse with my girlfriend. I have premature ejaculation problem so please mention me medicine name to have at least 5 to 10 mins intercourse without any premature ejaculation.
Actually I am taking green tea from last 3 days twice a day after it my heartbeat gone too faster m too worried about it please suggest me something.
I have acidity problem from last 3-4 years. I have avoid spicy things in my eating habits. To cure from acidity I used antacids like Gelusil, Digein etc. But when it exceeds I use Piltop tablet which makes me relief for a week but again after a week I have to use it again. I am using this tablet from last 6 months, First, I want to ask whether it is safe for me or I should stop this tablet? Second I want to get rid of this problem permanently. Please suggest.
I am feeling discomfort in my treat normally like sore treat and treat is covered with mucus what is the problem I am facing. One day I noticed some blood in my mucus I have tonsil stones too. Please help me by giving good feedback.
There are so many skin conditions one has to deal with in day to day lives, two of them being fungal skin infection and scalp infection. These could be a result of poor hygiene, weather change or result of an underlying illness. Given the fact that skin comes in contact with the external environment, it sometimes becomes impossible to prevent ourselves from them. The most commonly infected areas are the skin, scalp, and nails.
The possible causes of these infections include:
- Human contact: When you come in contact with another infected person
- Indirectly: The fungus reaches your system through infected objects or articles which could be shared or used by an infected person
- Shared areas like showers and bathrooms are also a cause
The most common fungal and scalp infections are described below.
- Scalp: Fungal infections of the scalp begin as a small bump and can cause itching, hair fall, and a patch of baldness. This condition is known as tinea capitis and produces ring-like patches on the scalp. The underlying skin could be exposed too, causing regrowth of hair difficult. This should be treated with a course of topical and/or systemic antifungal medications. In severe cases, hair transplant may be required to cover the bald patches. The follicles can also be affected, a condition known as folliculitis, which impairs hair growth. Dandruff which is extremely common is also caused by a fungus.
- Beard: A poorly maintained beard can also have tinea capitis and fungal infections. There could be bald patches on the beard and poor quality of hair. There could also be flaking of the skin. The patch on the skin could be red, scaly, and crusted.
- Toenails and fingernails: With the nails, two problems can occur. The nailbeds could be affected and also the space between the toes can be affected. This is very common in people who walk barefoot and also in people who are often in moist environments.
Diagnosis: Most of these conditions can be diagnosed by a clinician by examination. In some cases, pieces of the hair, nail, or scalp for microscopic examination and to find out the actual organism causing the infection. This can help in giving the right antifungal treatment.
Treatment: In most cases, antifungal treatment is effective. Topical and/or systemic therapy is used depending on the severity and the actual organism causing the infection.
In some people, for instance, immunocompromised, the person could be on chronic low-dose therapy.
- Do not allow children to play in unclean areas
- If someone is infected, take precautions like washing hands, not sharing towels, not sharing cosmetics, etc.
- Be cautious about who is involved in children’s care, be it at home or at school. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.