Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vakeel
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VakeelYour feedback matters!
I want to ask if a person had sex today after 8 years his body will be infected very badly in hiv am I right? What will be the symptoms of hiv and in max how many days can we know he had hiv.
I am 22 years old. I have little pain in my stomach, it is ok when I sit or laid but when I go for a walk or do any body movement pain started again what can I do for that?
I am suffering from bleeding piles. Please suggest me I do it. I am invest a lot of medicine but no benefit to me. And I am also very fatty so please suggest me that I do make a slim body.
Had stroke in October and left hands and legs got paralyzed. Now she got movement in left legs around 40% but not completely. Left hand is still paralyzed. No movement noticed despite many physiotherapy exercises. She is a diabetic patient and also having cholesterol issues. Now both are in the normal level. Is it possible to set right that?
I'm underweight , can I gain weight to 75 kg ? Some times , a thought is nagging at my mind and threatens me that if you put on weight more, you will be affected by cardiac arrest. For this reason, I'm struggling with it everyday unable to gain weight. Pls advise me.
Mera masik dharm suru ho gaya hai is doran mujhe pain aur fever ho jata hai. Kabhi kabhi ye ek month se pahle suru ho jata hai. please give me solution thanks regards.
Yesterday, I had sex with prostitute with condom But at the time of ejaculation my condom breaks. So immediately I washed my penis with cold water and also pee. Should I get worried of HIV and anything else? Or should I do some precautions to prevent hiv Please confirm.
Dear Doctor I have an issue about AMASHA every time whenever I eat fish and another chicken etc. please help me out. Thank you.
I am 25 years old female, I am having pain in my half head in back portion n in neck region starting of the vertebrae to upper back n swelling in neck n shoulder n vision becomes slightly blur in extreme pain, mild fever, problem with sunlight, n loud sound. Can you tell me the problem n treatment. I have this problem since 2 years.
Hi I am 18 years old my question is that my hemoglobin is very low near about 5 so what treatment should I take for it?
Hi, My friend who is suffering from ED. He is masturbating from 17. Now there is a shrinkage in his penis. Feeling very tired and also facing PE. He left masturbation for last one and half months. How to regain original size and he is worried a lot about that.
I have a marketing job since last 3 years & M very skinny.& recently I did sex with my gf. She is satisfied but I didn't.Y? Please guide me.
The human body can be compared to a very sophisticated engine that gets its power supply from the food that is eaten. Various organs require fuel for different activities be it walking, standing, stretching or even just regular maintenance where cells are constantly replaced.
The brain is one of the most complex organs in the human body. While it may not do a stretching or a jogging, it constantly needs power supply to function effectively. And as is very obvious, the body reflects the eating patterns. It is not likely that a person eating a very healthy diet would end up obese; nor does a person who is athletic eat a lot of unrefined and processed foods.
The power supply also defines how effectively the organs function, especially in the brain. Good nutrition helps good functioning of the brain. Recent studies have shown that a healthy diet can help avoid mental disorders like depression, schizophrenia problem, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), etc. This field of study is called the nutritional psychiatry.
Listed below are some food substances and how they affect brain functioning:
- Carbohydrates: These induce the production of insulin, which causes release of sugar into the body. Increased amount of sugar in the body produces better activity and mood. Tryptophan, a significant neurotransmitter is also released and further enhances mood and well-being. Eating fruits and whole grains, which contain a good amount of carbohydrates is believed to have beneficial effects on the brain, albeit slower in onset.
- Proteins: Foods such as fish, eggs, dairy, greens, peas, legumes are rich in protein and contain amino acids, which are the essential ingredients of the various neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. Lack of amino acids like tyrosine can impair production of serotonin, leading to decreased feeling of well-being.
- Fats: The gray matter of the brain contains about 50% polyunsaturated fats, and various essential fatty acids are very essential for optimal brain functioning. Decreased levels of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are shown to cause depression. Decreased levels of Omega-3 also leads to dyslexia and autism.
- Minerals: Various minerals are very essential for proper functioning of the brain, though they are required in very minute quantities. Calcium, chromium, iodine, iron, lithium, selenium, and zinc are some of the minerals identified as important for brain function.
- B-complex: Vitamin B2 and B6 have been proven to enhance mood and improve cognitive performance.
- Vitamin B12: In addition to delaying the onset of dementia, it also improves cerebral functioning.
- Folate: Reduced levels lead to depression and also limit the functioning of antidepressants.
As is evident, nutrition plays a very important role and a little care can help improve brain functioning to a large extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian and nutritionist and ask a free question.