Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Clinic for Women, # 257, Nandanavana, 3rd Cross, Vajramuni Nagar, 1st Stage, JHCS Layout, Off Pride Springfields Apartments, Turahalli, Bangalore - 560061. 1.8 kmfromUttarahalli circle and 2 km from KSIT College, Kanakpura Main Roaf# 257, Nandanavana, 3rdCross, Vajramuni Nagar, 1st Stage, JHCS Layout, Off Pride Springfields Apartments, Turahalli (1.8 kmfromUttarahalli circle and 2 km from KSIT College, Kanakpura Main Road), Subramanyapura Post, Bangalore Get Directions
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishnavi K VYour feedback matters!
It was very good and doctor was in particular about details. Very nice to get doctor
I am 24 years of age and married. I have a cyst in my left ovary. Do I wil have to face any problem during pregnancy?
I am 25years old female. I haven't got my periods for quite sometimes. But my periods are irregular. From past one week I am getting blood spots in my vagina. I also did a pregnancy test twice. It came negative. Please give me an advice on what should I do next?
Hello I am 25 year old. Meri shadi ke do sal hogye. Pichle 5 month se mai bachche ke liye soch rhi hun. Lekint mai pregent nhi ho rhi.
I'm 26 years old I have married my wife is pregnant now we used I pill but it has not worked now what to do next as we are leaving in different cities because of our profession we are not ready to hv children nw only so please suggest us something thank you.
#1 Boosts Immunity
Oranges is an excellent source of vitamin c. A single medium-sized orange can fulfil about 72% of your daily requirement for vitamin c. Since vitamin c plays a crucial role as an antioxidant by protecting your body against the damage caused by free radicals generated in the body. It therefore reduces inflammation in immune related conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Although debatable, researchers suggest that vitamin c also plays an important role in strengthening immune responses of the body, protecting against recurring cold and cough or any other common infections. Here are 11 ways to include oranges in your diet.
#2 Helps prevent ageing of skin
There's a reason why oranges are popularly used in the beauty industry. Several beauty products including face packs, masks and creams that are available contain orange extract as a key ingredient. That's because vitamin c present in oranges also helps prevent skin damage, by eliminating free radicals. Vitamin c, being involved in synthesis of collagen, an important component to maintain skin's overall appearance and texture, prevents premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. Apart from vitamin c, oranges are packed with vitamin a that help keep the skin membranes healthy. Here are 8 fruit packs you can make at home for beautiful skin.
#3 Protects the eyes
Vitamin a in oranges helps keep mucus membranes in the eyes healthy. Available in the form of carotenoid compounds like lutein, beta carotene and zeaxanthin, vitamin a is protective against age-related macular degeneration, a vision-related condition that causes blindness. Besides, it also plays an important role in allowing your eyes to absorb the light. You may also read tomatoes- natural remedy for good vision.
#4 Help prevents heart disease
This is yet another health benefit of oranges which is attributed to its vitamin c level. Free radicals generated during various reactions taking place in the cells can trigger oxidation of cholesterol, causing the oxidised molecules to aggregate and stick to the walls of the arteries. This leads to build up of plaques that eventually block the arteries, causing heart attack, coronary artery disease or even stroke. Vitamin c in oranges takes care of these free radicals and neutralises them, thus playing a role in preventing heart disease. Besides they also contain flavonoids like hesperidin that lowers cholesterol level and prevents the arteries from getting blocked.
#5 Helps brain development
Folate/folic acid or vitamin b9 present in oranges promote brain development and keep the vital organ in mint condition. In fact, these nutrients also make orange a healthy fruit for pregnant woman as it prevents the baby from having neurological disorders later. Oranges also contain phytonutrients called polyphenols that play a role in development of learning and memory functions of the brain.
#6 Helps prevent cancer
Oranges contain a compound called d – limonene that has been shown to play an important role in preventing various types of cancer like lung cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, etc. Additionally, the antioxidants and vitamin c help promote the body’s immunity which helps in fighting cancer cells. Oranges are highly fibrous fruits, which contributes to its cancer-protecting effect. A study revealed that about 10 to 15 per cent of colon cancer cases are caused by mutations in the dna. These mutations can prevented by consuming vitamin c rich sources like oranges. Here are some other health benefits of vitamin c you should know
#7 Pevents constipation
Oranges are a very good source of soluble and insoluble fibre, which helps keep your stomach and intestines healthy by preventing problems like irritable bowel syndrome. The fibre content in them adds bulk to the digested food and reduces transit time of feces, preventing constipation and straining.
#8 Improves sperm quality
Death is inevitable, but our legacy may live on through our offspring. The antioxidants and vitamin c present in most fruits, including oranges improves the quality and motility of your sperm thus keeping you fertile. Another vitamin called folic acid also is an essential nutrient for maintaining healthy sperms that you can obtain from oranges. It also protects the sperm from genetic damage, which might lead to birth defects.
#9 Great for diabetics
The rich fibre content of oranges has the ability to keep a track of sugar levels in the body, preventing diabetes. It is also a good option for those who are diabetic. Also worth mentioning is that good oranges have a sweet taste, and since diabetics aren’t allowed to eat sweets or other sugary foods, they can eat oranges to tingle their taste buds.
#10 Prevents hair loss
Orange has high vitamin c content which is required for producing collagen which, in turn, is responsible for keeping the tissues in your hair together. Nobody likes bald patches on their head, and eating oranges can ensure that you do not have to part with your lovely hair as you grow older.
My and my wife blood group is same (o+). Is there any problem to getting pregnant due to same blood group. We are trying for kid from last 6 months. My wife age is 31 and his weight is 67 height 5'3"
To combat the chances of achy joints, inflammation, arthritis and other bone-related problems later, include these superfoods to your diet and make bones healthy right now.
1) The Milk: Calcium intake is foremeost for strong bones, and the best source of calcium is obviusly milk. Milk also contains nutrients like potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and vitamins D and B12 which are equally important for healthy bones. Adults can try drinking two glasses of milk daily. Children and teenagers must try having more.
2) Cheese: Cheese is a storehouse of calcium, as well as vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin and protein. All these nutrients are desired for stronger bones. Also, cheese is an excellent source of calcium for people who are lactose intolerant. Any kind of cheese - cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella, goat, Parmesan and your favourite cottage cheese or paneer consumed daily may go in a long way to keep you bone strong.
3) Curd: Curd or yogurt again is a rich source of calcium, vitamins D, A and B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein. While milk might not suit everybody, curd, being fermented product, is easily digested too. A bowl of curd each day must be a part of your daily intake.
4) Tofu: Tofu is soy-based food that contains high amount of calcium and plant-based chemicals called isoflavones, which promote bone health. Tofu is also a safe bet for people who are lactose intolerant or avoid dairy products.
5) Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are ideal for bone strength. They contain important nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins K and D. It can be regularly had along with flax seeds to increase the nutrient intake.
6) Spinach: Spinach is not only commonly available but also the richest in calcium content. It is a good souce of vitamin K, fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamins A and C – which makes it a complete health package. You can combine it with the following vegetables for additional fortification cabbage, kale, broccoli to enhance your bone health.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Me and a friend of mine were messing around almost on the 19th or 20th of this month. And we were naked. And my penis was leaking with the pre- ejaculate liquid. But I did not rub my penis on her vagina. It just touched her vagina slightly once or twice. And after having that, she went and washed her vagina. But now from past two or three days she is feeling vomitish, gassy, and a slight headache also I am afraid she might be pregnant What do you think it could be doctor And she got off her period on the 18th. And we did all that on the 19th or 20th of may. It all happened this month only. It's been like 10-12 days since it happened. What do we do? Is she pregnant?
I have done sex in order to stop pregnancy I am using Yamini tablets, while using that I am always feeling vomiting sensation and something change in my body ,can you please help?
I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 8th feb, her menstrual cycle date was on 12th feb eventually she missed her date today is 15th feb. Are there chances for her to get pregnant and if yes please advice how to get through it. Thank you.
Sir I have a little doubt first time when I have a sex with my girlfriend she didn't get bleeding. And my question is whether she loosen her virginity before or not because bleeding is not a problem for me while inserts my pennies in her Virginia it's going very easily and it's very loose so that only I have little doubt on this case kindly suggest me in this situation. My problem is not about bleeding why her Virginia is very loose.
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi, My wife is getting white bleeding sometimes and before date with that any problem will be there.
Did you know that camphor is very effective in keeping your home devoid of bad odor? Camphor or kapoor, as it is commonly called, can be found in every Hindu household. It is primarily used for purposes like pooja and aarti and for warming the house. It is considered to be a holy substance, the flames of which drive away negative energies and evil forces. However, camphor is beneficial in several other ways as well. It can be used as a natural home freshener which serves certain purposes.
Benefits of Camphor
- Camphor helps in killing germs. It is also an excellent way to purify the air in the surroundings of your home. Burning camphor or kapoor regularly is an effective way to eliminate germs from your household.
- It keeps your home odour free
- Artificial room fresheners, which are commonly used, contain a harmful chemical known as phthalates. This chemical may lead to the development of several health complications in children and pregnant woman. Instead of using such artificial room fresheners, you should use camphor as an alternative. It is very effective in eliminating odor. You need to burn the camphor in a lamp, ideally in the center of a room. Place it in a location from where the fragrance can reach all the parts of the room.
- It acts as an effective insecticide. Camphor contains properties, which act as an efficient natural insecticide. You can apply camphor to get rid of insects such as ants, bed bugs and mosquitoes. Here are the ways you can follow:
- In case of ants, you need to dissolve a small amount of camphor in water. Sprinkle it over the area where you see ants, and they will go away instantly.
- For eliminating bed bugs, you should wash your bed covers and bed sheets and mattresses in the sun. Put a chunk of camphor, put it in a piece of muslin cloth and keep it between the mattresses. This will drive all bed bugs away.
- Camphor is very useful in eliminating or getting rid of mosquitoes in your house. Camphor is made from the extract of a certain tree. Compared with other natural mosquito repellents, camphor has the most powerful mosquito repellent activity and capability. You need to light the camphor in your room and shut all doors and windows. Leave the room in this condition for around fifteen minutes and you will get a completely mosquito-free environment.
Other than being a natural freshener, camphor is also beneficial for the treatment of several skin problems such as rashes and irritation. It helps in treating pregnancy cramps and helps in the treatment of acne scars as well. Instead of using chemical camphor, it is always recommended to use Bhimseni Camphor (Kapoor). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.