Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Stroke
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Submit a review for Dr. Vaikunta RajYour feedback matters!
Two days back while travelling in ac car, I felt numbness in my body as no strength in my hands and legs. Later I started having breathing problem also. I had to stop and with the help of my wife and driver I was put on ground. With little massage and two glass of water with sugar and salt, I was given. I started feeling better in 10 minutes. I visited near by doctor in that village. My bp was 130/90 and sugar 150. Again after 30 mins I visited another doctor, there my bp was 120/80. Ecg normal. He said it is because of dehydration. And advised for gloucose with water since I was not having nousea. I rest followed his instructions and drive back comfortably yesterday night. My age is 48 and wt. 65 kgs. I was never on any medication. I smoke about 10-12 cigarettes a day and I take alcohol 2-3 drinks. Please advise me do I need to take further some tests as I has left me bit worried.
I am 53 years old male affected by a stroke (left hemiplegia) five months before and now under rehabilitation. Whether this stroke is curable and shall I become 100% normal like before stroke? I am doing physical exercises, walking and oil massage. Is any other therapy recommended, like VARMAM?
I am suffering from continue headache, and I am very irritated by this, have migraine. Please help me.
I'm suffering from migraine since childhood few months back I was suffering from severe full headache n I visited a neuro physician he recommended me to have naproxen tablet whenever I have headache but you do that I have gained weight so I have stopped taking it. Can someone suggest me a pill which I can take when I get a migraine attack and does not gain weight?
I am having constant pain in my hips and it increases while sitting. With it I also experience pain and numbness in my legs. Feels like cramps in my legs. MRI of lower back came normal. please help me to find resolution.
I am 40 yrs and suffering from sciatica ans lower back pain severely as I am unable to walk till my washroom too. I feel numbness too in hands n legs.Please help.
One side of my head pains very frequently and all the symptoms matches to migraine. Can you suggest me temporary treatment and medicine cause this pain is unbearable.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.