Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. VaidyanathYour feedback matters!
I have been diagnosed with PCOD from 2009. Now the doctor suggested for APCOD SACHET along with OVRAL L. Is APCOD can be taken without glycomet. As I'm using glycomet and aldactone from long time, doctor suggested to stop both. Please suggest me on using the APCOD along with OVRAL L. My hight is 160 CMs and weight is 67 kgs. My periods are irregular when stopping OVRAL L.
I want to lose my weight. Ever since I left going to gym I have gained 10 kgs in just 6 months. Please hlp.
Metabolism is the process of how the body converts what you eat and drink into energy. Even at rest, the body needs energy provided by calories to handle necessary functions like breathing and circulating blood. The number of calories that the body needs varies based on age, gender and body composition.
The best way to increase metabolism is to increase muscle mass through strength training. Muscle tissue burns more calories at rest than fat tissue, so by converting some fat to muscle or increasing the amount of muscle, overall metabolism increases to burn more calories throughout the day.
While dietary intervention to boost metabolism is not widely proven, there are some foods that may temporarily increase the amount of calories burned:
1. Green tea: Green tea has the best evidence that it may raise metabolic rate. Studies have shown that drinking several cups of green tea per day, which contains caffeine and catechins, can help the body use more energy. A specific antioxidant, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), has been contributed to a small rise in calorie burn.
2. Water: Your body needs water to process food and convert calories into usable energy. Therefore, dehydration leaves the body at a disadvantage and causes this process to slow down.
3. Capsaicin: This is a compound that gives spicy peppers their burning sensation, and can crank up your metabolism. Try spicier foods by adding some chili peppers to stir fry, sauce or soup.
4. Caffeine: This stimulant found in coffee and tea can increase the amount of calories your body burns, but most studies have proven this effect with very high intake (8-10 cups per day). For some people, caffeine can cause heartburn, high blood pressure, or sleep problems, so don't increase your caffeine intake if you experience these side effects.
5. Lean protein: Protein-rich foods increase satiety, which can prevent overeating. While protein foods won't specifically increase the body's metabolism, lean protein like chicken or eggs can help you feel fuller for longer.
6. Whole grains: Whole grains, like oats or barley, are high in fiber and take longer to digest, which means your metabolism works for longer to convert this food into usable energy.
Avoid crash diets or diets that are very low in calories. Eating too few calories (below 1,800/day for men or below 1,200/day for women) can cause the body to enter into starvation mode, where metabolism slows down to avoid burning through food too quickly, and you may even lose muscle mass. This makes weight loss very hard.
In the long run, adding these foods may help increase your body's resting metabolism. However, it will not provide a quick fix for losing weight. Increasing exercise will burn more calories than these foods; if your goal is weight loss, aim to eat healthy and increase exercise at the same time.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
I have extreme pain in my left side breast due to clots (ganth- in Hindi. What should I do, pls give a solution?
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity or apathy that can affect a person's thoughts behaviour feelings and sense of well being
1. Earlier interests slides down
2. Feeling nervousness
3. Sleeping too much
4. Feeling of fatigue and lack of energy
5. Significant increase or decrease in body weight
6. Feeling less hunger
7. Difficulty in concentration and focussing
8. Weeping in matter of minutes on anything and suicidal tendency
Causes: Excessive feeling of sorrows and woes, feeling lonely and forlorn frustration not able to move on as per the daily routine chores
1. Be busy and cheerful engage in activities for instance read novel books listen to music indulge in any sports activities
2. Keep away from darkness never be in the dark when depressed
3. Take a balanced diet to keep body and mind fit
4. Increasing healthy friendly circles
Most of us wake up to a cup of hot coffee every morning. Coffee is like an indispensable part of most of our lives. But, there has been a lot of debate regarding the effect of coffee on human health. While some believe that coffee is a performance booster and prevents against certain diseases, others express doubt on the goodness of caffeine in coffee. Rather, the presence of caffeine keeps a lot of us worried about the adverse effects of coffee.
But, one needs to keep in mind that coffee is a complex beverage. It has both its pros and cons. One needs to know all about coffee before ordering the second cup for himself or herself. Reasons for having that second cup of coffee:
- Coffee activates your system: It contains caffeine that increases the level of adrenaline hormone in your body. This hormone is responsible for getting you ready for fighting against odds or physical tasks.
- Coffee checks your body weight: It contains minerals like magnesium and potassium. These minerals maintain the insulin level in your body. Therefore, by drinking coffee, your appetite for quick snacks gets killed. However, the sugar levels stay intact. It also burns fat.
- Protection against cancer: A recent study claimed that coffee can provide protection against cancer. It is said to have the potential to reduce the chances of having prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women.
- Guard against other serious diseases: Coffee is believed to provide prevention against some serious diseases Type II diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and stroke. It contains antioxidants that boost body’s immune system. Caffeine can lower one’s sensitivity towards insulin and provides impairment to glucose tolerance, reducing chances of developing Type II diabetes.
Reasons for not having that second cup of coffee:
- Toxic: Coffee has the possibility of being toxic. It can be adulterate with a lot of harmful impurities. The cheaper and poor quality coffee can prove to be highly toxic sometimes.
- Don’t overdrink: Coffee can prove very harmful and even lethal, if taken in larger quantities. It has the potential to kill an individual, if 80-100 cups are consumed in a shorter session.
- It gives sleeplessness: Coffee can turn you into an insomniac, if consumed in larger amounts.
Nothing is good, if overdone or overused. The same goes for coffee as well. It is good for your health if taken in small amounts at measured intervals. You can definitely order the second cup of coffee for yourself, provided you keep a check on the number of cups you have consumed in the entire day. A sensible individual will drink less, but drink regularly to get blessed with the goodness of coffee beans. An irresponsible drinker will just get addicted to see the worst in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am24 year female, I am becoming fat day by day. My weight is 60 kg which is much more as compared to my height (5.3). What should I do for loosing my fat (which foods I should take)?
I do not feel energetic I am on cobadex csz . I am a diabetic and also cardiac patient. My pulse rate during rest is 90 +. Taking metaprolal 50 xr, galvus 50/500, amaryl m1,pivasta 1 mg, eco spirin 75 mg.Pathological parameters are within range.Kindly advise.
Dr. I am a mom of 2 month and 1week old child, now am suffering from back pain, gynecologist said me to eat vitamin e supplements and do stretching exercises, I got slight relief but my bottom of spinal cord is still in pain, I feel more when I carry my child, what should I do now?
I, have diabetes from last 14year's. It was in control always but it's going to be race now and losing my sexual capacity also. So please sugest me what should I do? I'm taking gluconorm g1 in morning and glycomet gp0.5 in evening Daily. Each 1.
I want to get a healthy body because I am very slim, I tried by taking meal on time and fruit but fully waste. Please suggest for a healthy body.
Recently, I happened to develop a small painless mole on my testicle skin. It's absolutely painless and no problem for me, but the question is why did it suddenly appeared, and it is not going away. Is there a way I can get rid of it?
I am 51 years old. Facing problem that my frequency of going to uranal increases to 3 times at night in a span of 8 hours whereas during the day I do not feel like going to uranal in 12 hours span. Test report lft my bp is. 94 - 132 s. Biiirubin. T 0.86 s. Bilirubin c. O. 14 sgot. 28 sgpt 37 alk. Phosphatase 90 total protein. 7 albumin. 5 globulin. 2 lipido gram s cholestrol. 227. Mg/dl hdl. 46, ldl. 130, vldl. 51, triglesrides. 257, tc/hdl ratio. 4.9 hdl / ldl ratio. 2.8 lab report blood urea. 26 s. Creatinine. 0.85 s. Uric acid. 5.4 t3.95. 47 t4.6. 29 tsh. 1.3199.
My partner got period on 25 and end at 30. Suggest me date on that date I can perform unprotected sex I like to leave sperms in vagina.
I am having headache since 10 days ago and now I am suffering from fever due to fever I am feeling very weak and dull please consult me now what tu o do?
Hi, I am 5mth pregnant women. From my breast some liquid come on while when my hubby press them and next day its pains a lot. What is that liquid come n y its pain? And what can I do to relief that pain, can you tell me some home remidey, I do not want to take any medicine . Thanks.
Why I always have a headache? WHY I HAVE SO MUCH OF STOMACH PAIN? WHY I CAN'T WALK VERY FAST? WHY I THINK SO MUCH OF EVERYTHING? WHY I CAN'T DRINK WATER? WHY I CAN'T SLEEP?
Whether you are an athlete or a ballet dancer, you will appreciate the importance of having a stable kneecap. Medically known as the patella, the kneecap is a triangular bone that connects the upper thigh to the lower half of the leg. It sits in a groove in the bottom of the femur (thigh bone). When the leg is bent, it stays within the groove. When the leg is extended, it provides support to the quadriceps muscles.
That being the case, a dislocation of the kneecap is a very common injury. Subluxation is a state where there is partial movement of the kneecap out of its position, thereby making the patient’s kneecap unstable. When it completely moves out of its place, it is known as dislocation. Whether you fall on your knees during a sport or have a fall from a bike or get injured during dance or aerobics, it is common to have a dislocated kneecap. Some people are prone to repeated dislocations.
The initial injury is very painful and there might also be damage to the surrounding structures. Other symptoms include:
Buckling of the knee, where your legs cannot support your body weight
Sliding of the kneecap to a side
Catching of the knee in the groove when trying to move it
Pain in the front of the kneecap with any activity
Painful while sitting
Swelling and/or stiffness of the knee joint
Crackling/creaking sound when trying to move the knee joint
Inability to straighten the leg
Though these sound scary, the good news is that in 90% of the cases, the knee returns to its position spontaneously. However, putting it back into its place is a simple and safe procedure and can be done by almost any seasoned medical practitioner. The first step is to confirm that the kneecap is indeed dislocated. This can be done by a combination of physical exercise and x-ray. If required, MRI can be used, but it is not required in most cases. Initial treatment would include the following steps in sequence:
Immobilizing the knee with splint by keeping the leg in a straightened position.
Calling for medical assistance immediately. They can replace the knee back in its position carefully (reduction). An injured kneecap can cause what is known as foot drop by putting pressure on the peroneal nerve. The toes drag on the ground, making it difficult for you to walk.
Use ice in the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes, and repeat after three to four hours throughout the day to reduce pain and swelling.
Surgical correction may not be required, if there is a damage to the ligament.
- Flat femur and/or tissue laxity can cause repeated dislocations, where physiotherapy and strengthening exercises are useful.
Reduction manipulation of pattelar dislocation should be done by qualified orthopaedic surgeon only because forceful and inappropriate manipulation leads to pattelar retinacular tears and chondral injuries to patellar, should be attempted under anaesthesia followed by rehabilitation. In severe, recurrent cases surgical management is the option.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!