Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vadhiraja B MYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I had total thyroidectomy due to Thyroid cancer Parathyroids were preserved, I am taking calcium supplement of 2000 mg, calcium was 8.6 post surgery, after 50 days now calcium reduced to 7.But I am "ASYMPTOMATIC" My albumin is normal. What could be the reason for low calcium and I am ASYMPTOMATIC not understanding this?.
My age is 23 years. My height is 6 feet. Weight is 76 kg. My question is that does adrenal gland cancer leads to high level of sodium in the blood?
Does drinking coffee causes cancer? I drink a lot of coffee and tea. I just want to know whether this causes any health problems or cancer.
Hi I had total thyroidectomy due to Thyroid cancer Parathyroids were preserved, RAI is done it's been only 2 months. Currently taking Eltroxin 200 mcg, and calcium supplement along with vitamin3 of 2000 mg. I am looking for a good antioxidant supplement which has vitamin C as well. Please suggest a good antioxidant supplement (capsule form) which can be used on daily basis for rest of life. Please suggest.
While cancer has become a common place disease, most of its causes remain unknown. Most of us are not aware that few regular everyday materials present in most households are potential causes of cancer. Lets know about them, the health hazards they can cause, and be aware.
Check this list.
1. Shower curtains - shower curtains are made of toxic chemicals which get into not only the shower or the bath but also into the environment. It emits harmful chemicals which are called voc (volatile organic chemicals) and can prove to be very harmful for us.
2. Deodorants - deodorants and antiperspirants are known to have various ingredients which have cancerous properties. These sprays stay on our bodies for hours, until we wash them off. While on our bodies, they chemicals harm our skin and even through it.
3. Strong shampoos - many shampoos contain toxic chemicals though there is no scientific proof that they cause cancer. However, the array of chemicals used to make shampoos is definitely harmful for us and best, if avoided.
4. Room fresheners - air-fresheners, like deodorants have vcos which are toxic and extremely harmful for us. They aggravate asthma and even affect reproductive development. They have hazardous components which can be cancerous. It is advisable to use essential oils.
5. Scented candles - scented candles mostly have wicks made of lead. While they serve a good purpose, there is no point in using something which gives momentary relief but can prove hazardous in the long run.
6. Certain paints - permanent markers, acrylic paints, solvents, etc contain hazardous chemicals which have been associated with occurrences of cancer, allergies and oral damages.
7. Gardening chemicals - household pesticides, herbicides or fungicides that we often use in gardens can contain carcinogenic materials which are believed to cause lymphomas and breast cancer (in animal models).
8. Plastic food/beverage containers - plastic materials containing bpa, or bisphenol a are believed to dangerous for health. So when one is using plastic bottle or food container make sure it is bpa free.
9. Nonstick cookware - cooking utensils which are made with a nonstick coating (teflon) is suspected to be a carcinogen. The main chemical in nonstick coatings is perfluorooctanoic acid (pfoa) is known to cause cancer. Glass, cast iron, copper, and ceramic or pfoa free nonstick cookwares are safe.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
She is suffering from right breast cancer 3 stage. She has completed chemo 6cycle then surgery. Also facing little bone cancer. Now she will refer for radiation therapy. please help. In guiding us for precautions for her nd family members. Thanx.
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The Prostate gland is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
They have cyst in right breast n operated in 2010, now she is suffering from itching and pain in scar. What should i do now?
I 66 years old if there is any ulcer like symptoms in mouth how can we understand whether it is a cause of cancer,is any simple test needed to be done.
I am 70 years old and my frequency of urine has increased and the Doctor gave me one Urimax tablet. I am taking this tablet for the last two years. The sonography my prostrate is normal. I take exercises also. Kindly suggest some tablet or device which can control the increased frequency of Urination.
Aged 31 I suffered from disease name lymphoma since 2014 my treatment is completed abvd kimo and radiation tell me after treatment preconditions and protection about my life secure.
Is Pleomorphic adenoma is a cancer? My mom have pleomorphic adenoma for past 5 years we taken biopsy it came noncancerous but doctor said it may transfer into cancer it is true what are chances it may transfer into cancer?
My 62-year-old mother had an abnormal fibroid in the uterus which was removed via hysterectomy some 2 YEARS AGO. Later on biopsy, it was diagnosed as stage I, grade I endometrial adenocarcinoma with no evidence of vascular invasion seen. She underwent 28 days of radiation therapy and 2 sittings of brachytherapy. Some couple of months ago, she under MRI scan where they noted a paraaortic lymphadenopathy and doctor recommended to PET CT scan. PET CT scan of the whole body was done this week and the impressions: 1) No residue/recurrence in the pelvis. 2) Hypermetabolic metastatic paraaortic and aortocaval lymph nodes. 3) Hypermetabolic metastatic peritoneal deposits. No evidence of metabolically active disease elsewhere in the present scan. Please help me in interpreting the impression of the PET CT scan.
Ovarian cancer is a broad term used to describe cluster of different types of cancers occurring in a single organ i.e. ovary. It can occur at any age- from infancy till old age , even though ovarian carcinoma in younger/childhood comprises only 20% of all ovarian cancers. Majority of ovarian cancers are epithelial - arising from the covering from ovary or from the fallopian tube or the lining of the peritoneum of the abdominal cavity.
The Silent Killer:
Ovarian cancer is called a silent killer as majority of patients report any symptoms when the disease is in the advance stage. Hardly 2-3% of all ovarian cancers cause bleeding or hirsutism, thereby seeking prompt treatment. Majority of ovarian cancer occurs in peri/postmenopausal women which reflect change in interior milieu in terms of hormones.
Since the symptoms are non-specific, women tend to ignore them due to growing age/menopause. Also, mostly women normally don't consult physicians for such non-gynecological complaints, thereby further delaying the diagnosis. It is recommended that women remain involved in their overall health and keep themselves updated to report any abnormality immediately to a specialist.
The main symptoms associated with Ovarian Cancer are:
Bloating sensation especially after heavy meals.
Increasing abdominal girth (especially if no change in diet or if regularly exercising).
Increasing heaviness (fullness) in lower abdomen.
Persistent Gastritis, if previously absent.
Inability to eat proper meal.
Increased frequency of urination.
Further, if there is family history of breast/uterine/ovarian cancer in first and second degree relatives, this increases the risk of developing ovarian and breast cancer. Such females should remain vigilant for above-mentioned symptoms and should report promptly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.