Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vadhiraja B MYour feedback matters!
Having swollen lymph nodes and something being stuck in throat blocked nose and bad breath and nausea.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
Sir my father is 58 year old. He was operated for oral cancer in the month of may last year. He was given chemo and radiation therapy, his reconstruction surgery was planned in the month of Dec 2015. In blood test doctor found plc is more and subsequently x ray and ct scan carried out and found that cancer is developed in chest. Now they are refusing to do any surgery and treatment except medication. They have called my father after one month medication. Sir my father is on liquid food since May last year and and too weak. Please guide me what to do. He can not move without help. Can you people do the reconstruction surgery? Sir it is very difficult for me to bring him from Lucknow. I will send you report of ct scan and blood test if you give some positive response.
1.Cigarettes and Smokeless tobacco
2.Air pollution and Radiation
3.Obesity and inactivity
4.Low fruit and Vegetable diet
6.Infection by bacteria likes HPV
7.Processed and Red meats
8 Low fiber diets
9.High salt diets
10 Hormone replacement therapy