Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vadhiraja B M
Submit a review for Dr. Vadhiraja B MYour feedback matters!
How much size in CC is called grade (1) and grade (2) BPH, Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, Please advice.
My mother suffering from second stage rectal cancer with rectal bleeding and also renal failure and diabetes doctor's advice operation but my family should not do. please suggest me what should I do. I am her daughter.
I have prostate gland enlargement effecting my urination. I have got it verified that it is not cancerous. If i were to get the gland removed , how is it going to effect my body ?
Hi I am looking for a best oncology surgeon for tongue cancer which needs neck dissection Coimbatore kindly suggest.
Hello, I am Dr Gaurav Chanana. I’m working as a consultant at Delhi Pain Management Centre. At Delhi Pain Management Centre, we are managing pains of every kind like muscular skeletal pain, back pain, heel pain and cancer pain also.
Cancer pain is one of the difficult pains to treat, difficult because cancer patients suffer from pain during the course of the disease either from the treatment like surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy or due to the spread of cancer to the various tissues when we say it is metastatic cancer.
For management of cancer pain, we need an expert doctor who is comfortable with using of opioid in managing cancer pain. It’s associated with side effects like constipation or drowsiness or the drugs are not being able to control the pain of the patient. At Delhi Pain Management Centre we try to manage cancer pain with various non-drug modalities, pharmacotherapy and also some interventions if and when needed.
If you have any query about cancer pain you can contact me via Lybrate through audio, video or in person consultation at any of our centers across the various parts of Delhi.
I am 70 years old and my frequency of urine has increased and the Doctor gave me one Urimax tablet. I am taking this tablet for the last two years. The sonography my prostrate is normal. I take exercises also. Kindly suggest some tablet or device which can control the increased frequency of Urination.
Doctor Sir/Madam, Sub: Prostate Gland Enlargement and Stone removing from urine bladder, is it any treatment without operation? I am asking about my father health. My father age is 90, he is suffering with Enlargement of Prostate Gland (EPG). please advice
Ovarian cancer is a broad term used to describe cluster of different types of cancers occurring in a single organ i.e. ovary. It can occur at any age- from infancy till old age , even though ovarian carcinoma in younger/childhood comprises only 20% of all ovarian cancers. Majority of ovarian cancers are epithelial - arising from the covering from ovary or from the fallopian tube or the lining of the peritoneum of the abdominal cavity.
The Silent Killer:
Ovarian cancer is called a silent killer as majority of patients report any symptoms when the disease is in the advance stage. Hardly 2-3% of all ovarian cancers cause bleeding or hirsutism, thereby seeking prompt treatment. Majority of ovarian cancer occurs in peri/postmenopausal women which reflect change in interior milieu in terms of hormones.
Since the symptoms are non-specific, women tend to ignore them due to growing age/menopause. Also, mostly women normally don't consult physicians for such non-gynecological complaints, thereby further delaying the diagnosis. It is recommended that women remain involved in their overall health and keep themselves updated to report any abnormality immediately to a specialist.
The main symptoms associated with Ovarian Cancer are:
Bloating sensation especially after heavy meals.
Increasing abdominal girth (especially if no change in diet or if regularly exercising).
Increasing heaviness (fullness) in lower abdomen.
Persistent Gastritis, if previously absent.
Inability to eat proper meal.
Increased frequency of urination.
Further, if there is family history of breast/uterine/ovarian cancer in first and second degree relatives, this increases the risk of developing ovarian and breast cancer. Such females should remain vigilant for above-mentioned symptoms and should report promptly.
I have been used to smoking from last 2years but before 6 month ago I quite smoking would like to know will I be suffering from cancer or can I control.
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows:
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!