Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. V. SujathaYour feedback matters!
My wife delivered our first child at the age of 35 in a gynic hospital. She had pph- dic after delivery. She was given carboprost, 2 units of blood, and 2 units of ff plasma (i do not know the volume in ml.). I faintly recall the doctor saying she had to compress the uterus. Maybe in 3 hours the bleeding stopped. The next day in the laboratory the clotting test gave normal results. My queries: 1) can dic occur during delivery without uterine atony? 2) my wife is 15-20 days pregnant now at the age of 42-43. Should we abort on the grounds of fear of pph-dic only, (not considering other things like down syndrome). Our gynaec says that pph may not necessarily occur. But if at all it occurs: can active management of the third stage of labour (or by any other method) her life be saved? what is the probability of risk? what will happen to an individual cannot be predicted but in what percentage the odds are, I would like to know. Whether we should take the risk? her hemoglobin is around 9-10.
I am getting some white stuff from my vagina walls. Not the fruit but its like mud when we rub our hands. When I clean my vagina wall I found white stuff. What is it.
How can I get myself pregnant? My hubby is facing little weakness. He is under treatment. Can meanwhile I take his semen from condom and inject inside me. Will it help me to get myself pregnant? What are the chances to be pregnant like that?
I am 29 year old and my blod group is O negative. Before 9 year, I had terminated my pregnancy due to education but had not taken antibodies injection because I was not knowing my blood group that time. At present time I am planning for a baby. Will the antibodies automatically remove with long period of 9 year?. Please provide the complete solution for problem of antibodies.
I am 30 yrs. married and trying to conceive. My monthly cycle is regular of 30 days. My last monthly pass was on 17th sept. 2016 and now its being 8 days late with no such pregnancy symptoms. I HV done a home test on my 2nd day of miss and was negative. Pls suggest what should be my next step. Do I again do home test/wait/consult gynaec.
Hi am 27 woman, 14 weeks of pregnancy. Recently I supposed to do blood test and every thing is normal expect thyroid result its shows range of 3.606 which is above range doctor advised me to take tablets but before marriage when I do regular check up my thyroid range is 2.5. Why it has been increased now and will it continue even after delivery, is there any food to avoid for these, please advise.
My wife is 30 years old and she has big fibroids in her uterous. We have married only 4 monthm. Has there any possibility for her pregnancy?
Is there any medicine or injection available to increase breast milk apart from perinorm, lactocare. please reply as soon as possible.
I am 19 years old married on 30 april 2016 and I am doing unprotected sex with husband continuously but yet there is no pregnancy y? My height is 5.3 and weight 65 and my friend age os above 21range til 30 and weight in range of 70 and height about 6 she had a baby girl now please suggest why I am not remaining pregnant? Please suggest soon.
Hello dctr, today I checked with prega news and I found I m pregnant because the result is positive, we both are in depression she is 17 days pregnant we are confused because everyone gives different solution. Her last date was on 7th jan we had sex on 22 jan then 5th feb both times we use unwanted 72. Her next date should be on 7th feb but she missed that please help us what to do in this situation someone suggest mt pill is best in this situation. But I read about this mt pill it is painable and lot of bleeding happen. Problem is that she have to go home we are from the region we can not tell our parents about this tell me that is she can work normally after taking mt pill or not pregnancy is of only 17 days.
I am trying to get pregnant but I missed periods in last 2 months but urine test is negative please give me some tips how to know my pregnancy is positive.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.