Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. V. SrikanthYour feedback matters!
My eyes is paining from inside including my head andiys paining since three year so what should I do.
I have face some head ache due to some tension and my eyes are paining some times what is the solution I am faced please tell the solution I am waiting of your reply.
Eye protection I have been working in an office Continuous seeing at system and again I am watching TV daily 16 hours. Is this effect.
Feeling dryness and itching around my both eyes. Consulted eye doctor, she told dandruff in eye lashes, suggested me to take medicine for dandruff, am taking medicine but not getting benefits. Please suggest me some solutions for this.
The first thing that catches our attention when we strike a conversation with a person is their eyes. And aren't they the key feature of our body? Sadly, they take away the charm and youth from our face when they start aging. But as the fact lies, it isn't like we cannot do anything about it! Here are some of the simplest ways that help you keep your eyes gleaming!
Things you should avoid:
- The Sun: Sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles. Thus avoiding the sun or taking precautions as you get out in the sun can make you look younger.
- Smoking: Smoking does ages skin, as it responsible for releasing an enzyme which is known to break down elastin and collagen.
- Sleepless nights: In the case of an incessant lack of sleep, the body starts producing excess cortisol, a hormone that leads to the breakdown of skin cells and thus resulting in making the skin appear aged.
- Over washing the face: Tap water usually delayers the skin of its natural oils and moisture that is meant to guard the skin against aging. Either use soaps that contain moisturizers or use cleansers instead of soaps.
Some noteworthy precautions:
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen: Completely avoiding the sun or the cold is inevitable. Hence, it is wise to consult a dermatologist and wear a sunscreen and moisturizer that is the most suitable for your skin type. It creates a protective shield for your face and keeps your skin protected from the consequences of the weather harshness.
- Use Reading Glasses: Any recurring action of the skin strains facial muscles and thus leaves a minor trench beneath the skin which is visible as a wrinkle. Hence, it's precautionary to get the eyes checked in case of any strain and use power glasses instead.
- Eat a lot of Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which aid in fighting back the harm that is created by free radicals. This helps the skin look younger and beaming.
Few home remedies:
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are one of the easiest remedies to help you get away with your eye wrinkles. Chop thin slices of fresh cucumber and keep them over your eyelids. They help in reducing the buildup on the eyes and re-energize the skin.
- Coconut oil: This oil works miracles for wrinkles. Massage this oil into your wrinkled skin. You will see results in less than a month.
- Orange Juice: You can dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and lay it over your eyelid. Use this method twice daily.
- Castor oil: One of the most primitive remedies, apply and massage few drops of this oil to your face after cleansing. Repeating the treatment once or twice every week. This reduces the chances of re-development of wrinkles.
My aunt is 35 years old nd have an allergy in both eyes? She diagnosed with this allergy in every year (both summer nd winter season). How can she be overcome with this allergy.
I am wearing glasses, my eyesight is -5 both eyes, I want to undergo LASIK or SMILE, Which is best. I want to know the side effects of this surgery? Also if regression occurs ,then how much recession can occur according to my present prescription?
Ho doctor, I just want to know that does eye exercise can improve my eye sight and how many months I have to do it? My eye number is - 2.50.thank u.
I am suffering from fever what I do I use more medical but not gain. So how and which I contact a doctor. Which is better for mr.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
Sir. I am 20 year old masturbating regularly for 7 years and I have a problem of excessive or chronic masturbation addiction and I have the following symptoms face glow. Totally gone big deep dark circle hairfall or baldness low eye vision watery semen premature ejaculation shrinkness and curved penis nightfalls weakness dullness pain in body especially lower back pain headache insomnia shy and introvert behavior improper thoughts aggressive behaviour my face looks like a beast please please doctor suggest me some medicines to solve my problem and help me to leave this addiction.
Will it damage eyes permanently if a sharp knife or point metals poke in our eyes is der any chance to recover. The eyes.
Do your eyes get tired easily? Do they look sore or sandy? If yes, then it’s time to worry for your eyes now. There is every possibility that you might have developed a dry eye. It is a common disorder of the eyes that occurs due to aging. It causes discomfort as you end up feeling scratchy or gritty all the time. The eyes turn red and have a burning sensation and feel itchy. Things get worse when you tend to stress your eyes by spending extra hours in front of the computer or read texts. In fact, the discomfort increases as the blinking frequency of the eyes get reduced.
One may also develop blurred vision due to dry eyes. An individual feels as if there is some particle inside his or her eyes, but finds nothing. Though this condition doesn’t lead to very dangerous consequences, it is always a wise decision to seek medical help. The medical term for this condition is keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Once you develop dry eye, there is always a tendency to get it back again. But, the good news is that it can be treated to get some relief.
Dry eye is caused due to problems related to tear formation. When we blink our eyes, a film is formed over it. This thin layer is called a tear film. Tear film is responsible for clarity in vision. In case, enough tear is not produced, one tends to suffer from dry eyes. It is mainly caused due to ageing.
If you don't produce enough tears, if your tears aren't of the right quality or your tears aren't spread across the front of your eye properly then you may develop dry eye. The glands producing tear or the tear film get inactive with age. Sometimes, the tear film is also affected by certain medicines, contact lenses, diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren's syndrome.
Dry eyes caused due to ageing cannot be cured completely. You must see a doctor for treatment but there are no permanent cure remedies. However, there are ways to help you get some relief. Here are the ways:
- Try to increase the natural tears: There are certain home-based remedies to get some relief from the problem. You can keep the temperature of your room lower to get rid of the symptoms of dry eyes. Higher temperature leads to the evaporation of the tears. You can keep a humidifier in your room that adds more moisture to the air inside the room. This prevents drying up of the eye due to evaporation of tears. It is also found that when one blinks less, tear formation is reduced. The blinking is reduced while working on computers and reading. One must be careful while doing such things and try and blink as many times as possible.
- Use eye drops: One needs to use eye drops called ‘artificial tears.’ They are an alternative to the natural tears. If usual drops are not effective, gel-based thicker drops or overnight ointments are prescribed.
- Block tear ducts: Another way of tackling dry eyes is by reducing the drainage of tears. For this, the tear ducts are blocked by plastic pieces called punctual plugs. The process is termed as punctal occlusion.
- Take food supplements: Certain oils and Omega 3 and 6 are known to be beneficial in treating dry eyes. Include these supplements in your diet to keep your eyes healthy.