Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. V. RavinderYour feedback matters!
Iam an eight month pregnant women having twenty one years old and first pregnancy. And also having iron tablets and calcium tablets daily. I had heavy pain and bleeding from my teeth. What is the reason for this?
Hi, I wanted to know today while I was in office and eventually the back portion of my tooth came off in pieces I am quiet worried as I smoke also. Kindly help me asap
I have class 2 malocclusion that means my upper teeth are ahead of normal. I was suggested to take ortho treatment and was given two choices seif legating / basic metal. Which should I choose?
I have irregular teeths and 2 missing canines. Please let me know about the estimated cost to be incurred in the treatment through lingual braces or other best alternative.
Dental braces have become more common nowadays. In fact, nearly 4 million people in the United States are wearing braces at any one time, according to the Pennsylvania Dental Association. While dental braces used to be all metal, you will find many different types of braces today.
Discovering the Different Types of Braces
If you’re considering braces for yourself or your child, you have many options. Your orthodontist will help you make the best choice for your scenario, but here are the basics of each type.
- Traditional metal braces are made of the stainless steel brackets and wires that inspired the term “metal mouth” years ago. Fortunately today’s metal braces are noticeably smaller. And new heat-activated arch wires move your teeth more quickly and less painfully as they respond to your body’s heat.
- Ceramic braces mock metal braces in shape and size but they use tooth-colored or clear ceramic brackets that blend more naturally into your teeth. Some even use tooth-colored wires to keep your treatment even lower profile.
- Lingual braces use the same metal brackets and wires used in traditional braces, but the brackets and wires are installed on the inside of your teeth to keep them hidden.
- Invisalign consists of a series of customized, clear BPA-free plastic tray aligners that are removable and typically replaced every 2 weeks to keep your teeth moving in the desired direction.
Other braces may involve the use of nickel-titanium or copper-titanium for the wires and brackets. These metals may last longer and require fewer adjustments than stainless steel wires.
Most dental braces also involve the use of tiny rubber bands to help move your teeth. If you have any sensitivity to latex or certain metals, your orthodontist can help find a suitable alternative for you.
Assessing the Pros and Cons of the Different Types of Braces
So let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
Allows kids expression
through colored bands
Limit you from eating hard
and stick foods
Less noticeable than
Most effective, like metal
More costly than metal
May stain more easilty
Invisible from outside
Harder to clean
More costly than other types
May be more uncomfortable
Less effective for severe cases
Routine adjustments take longer
than metal or ceramic braces
Allow you to eat and drink
Only available for teens and adults
Less effective for severe cases
May be more costly than others
Treatment may take longer
Require brushing teeth after eating
to prevent staining
Treatments with both braces and Invisalign typically involve some use of retainers or mouth guards afterwards to maintain the new position of your teeth.
Kids should be evaluated for orthodontics by age 7, according to the Indian Orthodontic Society. By this age, your orthodontist can detect even subtle issues with jaw growth and emerging teeth.
While most kids begin treatment between ages 9 and 14, your orthodontist will help determine whether it’s best to wait or begin treatment right away. Many orthodontists recommend treatment while your child is still growing because it can take longer and be more intensive to treat teeth after they’ve stopped growing.
Lastly, kids who receive early orthodontic treatments (like appliances to correct cleft palates) may still need braces later. But the early treatment attempts to prevent further issues from developing while providing a healthier environment for the growth of permanent teeth.
Keep in mind that while some dentists perform orthodontics, an orthodontist specializes in treatments like braces and Invisalign, having 2 or 3 more years of education and training than is required for a dentist.
How to fight bad breath? I am getting depressed with the problem. I cannot mingle with my frnds and so am acting as an introvert. I brush twice daily. Still I cannot find the source of this bad breath. Pls suggest me what to do? I am mentally down to consult doctor directly.
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 21 years old female. I faced stomach ache sometimes. Especially morning before taking breakfast and after taking breakfast. I can't take much food in morning time. And I suffered mouth ulcer monthly twice. Please give me the solution.
I have multiple white patches in my inner cheeks (mouth ) since last 24 days. This pin head multiple patches is painless and not irritating me. Sir I am non tobacco user. I never had used tobacco. Can this is leukoplakia as I read in internet or else please help. 24 days ago I travel with an ambulance in which a dead body of my frds father is present. My frrds father is having mouth cancer and got dead is this contagious. Help.
Make your teeth sparkle!
Tooth jewellery is the most fashionable thing in today's world. Dental Jewellery is a brilliant way to add sparkles to your smile and stand out of the crowd.The best of film stars, models and high society people are into tooth jewellery. Teenagers and pretty girls, can use tooth jewellery to add a sparkle to their beautiful smile. It's true. With Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center's jewels you can actually have a sparkling smile! It's easy, painless and a superficial procedure which requires no alteration to your teeth.
Tooth jewellery is basically an accessory which is fixed on any prominent front tooth.
A lot of jewellery designs in different sizes and colors are available to choose from, and you can pick depending on what you wish to express with your smile.
Features & Advantages-
1.Dental jewellery is very affordable.
2.Very simple and short procedure.
4.You can get them matching with your attire that you are going to wear.
5.No tooth structure is damaged.
6.Superficial. No drilling/holes required.
7.Can be removed at any time if desired.
8.Can be fixed again at a later stage.
9. Achieve a perfect picture on your big day.