Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. V R RajuYour feedback matters!
What should I do for stone problem? I am suffering from past 6 months. Is there any homemade technique to avoid stone problem.
Sir, recently my Company organize a health check-up, during check-up kidney stone was found size i. E. 4.4 mm kindly guide me the solution.
I am a retired w. Rly engineer aged 85, my wife 76 yrs. Have no children, living at cheruvannur -calicut kerala. My wife gets repeated urine infections and some medicines like norflox 400, niftas and now furant 100 mg are given for 1 month since 2 days. Clinical test report indicate:-albumin trace; sugar nil; pus cells6-8; rbc 0-2; epcells. Nil; bacteria. Present. She is diabetic for the last30 years on metformin tablets, daonil etc but now swiched over to insulin inj since15 days and blood sugar level in under control. Other medicines are eltroxin 100. 1per day, premarin 0. 625, veloz 20mg tab 1 per day are now given since 2 weeks. She do not have pain, urination is adequate due to more water intake. I request expert openion for controlling bacteria infection. Being very old we are not very mobile to visit distant places, railway do gives free treatment in railway hospitals, but at calicut only a dispensory exists. No lab facility etc. Your valued opinion fot this old couple is sought.
Hello sir i am suffering from urine flow 8 to 10 times daily any season and burning feel in abdomen? and in back, It feels burn in knees and elbows also urine flows slowly i am suffering from this since from 2 to 3 years? and use to masturbate my penis from age 14 to 19 but not now my age is 21 I had a treatment but it solved 30% only help me Please and my penis front is fat and back is thin.
I have 11mm kidney stone in my right side what should I do please consult me that I do operation or it is clear by Ayurvedic medicines.
I have been fatigue since few months back and I urinate as soon as I consume any liquid. I can't rest well in my sleep too, and I get tired easily when I work unlike in the past where I'm energetic, my mother is a diabetic patient am I also suffering from diabetics?
I got married since 21 days before and me and my partner facing a problem of getting to heated urine since from one week please help me out of this issue Thnx.
Whatever I eat and whenever I eat, after evry eating I go for toilet its any kind of pbm because of this my weight is also normal.
Human urine is a useful tool for the diagnosis and detection of several health conditions. The color, smell and density of your urine can reveal a lot about the state of your health. Color, especially, is a strong determinant of many ailments or concerns.
Here is a list of the health conditions you might be suffering from, based on the color of your urine:
- Straw color to transparent yellow color: This urine color signifies that your body is healthy and perfectly hydrated. This should be the normal color of urine, which shows you are in good health.
- Transparent or clear: Transparent and extra clear urine indicates that you have drunk too much water, which leads to the transparent appearance. It happens due to overhydration.
- Dark yellow color: This shade of urine is considered normal, but it may indicate some amount of dehydration. You need to drink more water to eliminate the darker yellowish tinge from your urine.
- Honey color: Urine of honey color signifies dehydration and you must consume increased amounts of water.
- Pink or red color: Your urine may have a pinkish red shade when you consume foods like carrots, beets, blackberries and rhubarb. This may also happen due to the effect of some antibiotics or a drug which treats urinary tract infections. The presence of blood in your urine is indicated by these colors too, and it can lead to kidney diseases, UTI, prostate problems or tumors.
- Orange color: Your urine may have an orange color which resembles the color of orange soft drinks. This occurs as a result of high dose of vitamins and several antibiotics. This color may also indicate dehydration or problems related to the kidney or bile duct.
- Blue or green color: Such shades may be present in your urine because of dyes present in food items and medications. Your urine may turn blue or green, signifying several other medical conditions which require immediate medical attention.
- Foamy: If your urine has a foamy appearance, irrespective of the color and shade, you need to consult a doctor. Consistent foamy or frothy appearance of your urine may indicate the presence of protein in your urine, which further signifies problems in the kidneys.
- Maple syrup color: Urine of this shade indicates a severe case of dehydration or liver diseases.
Your urine tells a lot about your health by its color, odor and density. The color is an essential determinant for detecting several health conditions, which may be simple or chronic in nature. In case of abnormal urine color or appearance, you should consult a doctor without delay.
Hello am Dinesh from Bangalore. I have a question. When I wake up at morning I feel pain aside of abdominal. Even during urine. Is there any problem regarding this ?
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.