Find numerous Bariatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Bariatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Bariatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Weight Loss Treatment
Fat Removal Technique/Liposuction
Treatment of Cryolipolysis
Fat Loss Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. V PrasannaYour feedback matters!
I want to know about reducing weight currently my weight is 99 kgs and my bms is. 32 Which makes me obbes. Kindly help.
You must have heard of the far reaching advantages of having green tea. Green tea is in trend for its vast number of benefits. People, conscious about fitness and overall health, are sure to include this drink in their daily diet. A cup of green tea every morning can ward off too many health problems. Having green tea as the first thing in the morning can help a person lose weight effectively. Having this drink twice a day will better your chances of losing weight.
Weight loss is a persistent concern among many. You may exercise, make increased efforts in changing your lifestyle and yet fail to experience significant weight loss. Try out green tea for the ways in which it helps you cut down on those extra kilos.
Green tea leads to weight loss in the following ways:
- It increases the mobility of fat in fat cells: Fat can be burnt into energy only when it has been broken down and moved into the bloodstream. Fat might remain concentrated in the fat cells. Green tea contains a potent antioxidant, EGCG that can lead to an increase of the hormone norepinephrine. This hormone triggers the breaking down of fat in the fat cells further making it move into the bloodstream.
- It can regulate metabolism: Green tea is highly sought after because it helps in increasing a person's metabolic activity. Once a person has heightened metabolism he or she will inevitably lose the redundant calories.
- It prevents you from consuming additional calories: Green tea can kill your appetite in a healthy way. With repeated consumption of this tea, you will feel hungry after regular intervals, but your body will grow averse to junk food and processed food items. So, with a daily cup of this energizing drink, you keep the extra calories at bay.
How Much Green Tea?
4-5 cups of unsweetened green tea in a day is enough to promote weight loss. It can provide an optimal dosage of metabolism boosting minerals like manganese, chromium and zinc.
So, do not rely on green tea alone to lose weight. It can only bolster your weight loss efforts. You need to complement it with a calorie deficit diet and proper exercises.
Before you take to drinking green tea on a regular basis, you may want read these tips:
- If you are sensitive to caffeine or suffer from insomnia, more than four cups of green tea will be too much for your system, regardless of the benefits.
- If you are trying to get pregnant or are pregnant, you should definitely limit your green tea consumption to two cups a day. You can also skip it altogether.
- Avoid drinking green tea if you suffer from kidney and liver problems, or glaucoma problem.
- Do not sip green tea with meals as it may interfere with absorption of iron in your body.
- Do not have it empty stomach.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi sir, 11 months back I had accident. My right leg and right hand broken. So I have blades on hand and leg. Doctors gave 5 months bed rest. Now am fine but I have too much belly fat. I can't exorcise well so how can I decreasing or burning the belly fat. Please help me.
I want to loose my weight in 15 days. My weight is 81 kg. How to do diet. Exercise also. How to fair my skin Household tips.
I am a 20 yr old college student and live in hostel so I don't have access to good and nutritious food. I have belly fat and I wanna reduce it. I go to gym regularly but I don't have satisfactory results. So can you give me a diet plan suitable for this considering my above stated conditions. I have heard low carbohydrate diet help in reducing fat is it true?
I am 20years male and masturbating since 17 or 18… n however I am Following this process everyday. It feels great but I do not Want it to happen more. It feels good at times. Its like a Satisfaction to my body. But the same time. It’s gonna Harm me in some ways. I want to control. Without following Any medical help? Can you please help me with this? I really Want to control it. I can control myself…even I didn’t do it For days but still I need some help? Not medical help? Please if possible. Give me some measures?
I have desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kg to 85 kg I want to loss weight. Please help.
Mere uncle ka pett bahot nikla hua hai aur wo dhire dhire bahot mote hote ja rahe hai aur unka age 60 hai aur weight 98 kg hai kya unka laser operation ho sakta hai agar ha to pls koi ache doctor ka contact no de kya unka laser operation ho sakta hai agr ha to pls reply kare.
All of us at some point in our life crave to have the body that we had a few years earlier. We are constantly looking for weight loss tips. If the problem is not very big, we feel losing just 3-4 kgs will help us get to the place we want. Some time weight loss tips are needed for medical purposes too. You never know when that extra weight may become a cause of health issues like diabetes, blood pressure, heart ailments and even metabolic disorders.
Weight Loss Tips:
1. Increase soluble and insoluble fibre intake -
Insoluble fibre is the roughage derived from vegetables, fruits and bran, whereas soluble fibre like pectin is derived from oats, apple peels and guava. Both types of fibre are equally helpful in obtaining optimum health and achieve weight loss goals.
Fibre helps in weight loss by filling up the space, bringing satiety and still providing lesser calories than 90% of other foods in the world. So next time you feel hungry, grab a cucumber or carrot or tomato instead of reaching out for biscuits and chips. Raw carrots, radish and tomatoes have special enzymes that keep metabolism up. You can also increase your fibre intake by mixing bran to your regular wheat flour. And using non-sieved flour. Avoid the use of refined flours. Substitute white rice with brown rice.
2. Drink warm water 4-5 times a day -
Warm water helps in better digestion and keeping the metabolic rate elevated. Drink 4-5 glasses of warm water specially after your meals. Add lemon / cardamom / saunf for taste. These items further increase rate of weight loss.
3. Cut down on whole milk and curd -
Whole milk and curds made of whole milk have some percentage of fat in it. The best way to enjoy these foods, even when on diet is to have the milk in skimmed form and dilute the curds and make buttermilk / chaas out of it. You can take upto 3-4 glasses of chaas in a day, it will not only keep you hydrated and help in weight loss, but it will also provide you with quality protein and calcium.
4. Substitute your rice and roti (chapatti/breads) with oats and dalia (broken wheat) -
It all comes down to your routine. If a person who is used to eating more of rice or more of chapatti in day to day life, gives up on it and substitutes it with items like oats and broken wheat, the body automatically starts losing weight in order to adapt to the new changes. It might be tough for some people, but it the best way to eat as much as you want and still lose weight. For better results add a lot of veggies to your oats and daliya preparations.
5. Half a teaspoon of lemon juice or amla (indian gooseberry) powder -
Both these are good sources of vitamin c. These foods ensure that your immunity stays intact and enough antioxidants are provided to the body in order to take care of metabolic wastes. They help in weight loss by elevating the metabolic rate. Read – lemon water for weight loss
6. Increase your liquid intake -
You must have seen a lot of people who keep dieting and feel weak or they look dull and tired at all times. This is because while fat is being burnt, a lot of metabolic wastes accumulate in the body, causing stress, hence one must increase liquid intake. You can add plenty of plain water, infused water, buttermilk / chaas, warm water with lemon, amla juice and vegetable juices. These liquids ensure increased urination and hence wastes can be eliminated from the body.
7. Have lighter dinners -
The most helpful weight loss tip is substituting your regular dinner with a glass of milk with lots of fruits.