Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
M 4 months pregnant. Actually muje 2 3 days se internal pain ho ra h like nerves me cheek pdh ri h is there any serious problem. please help me?
Hi, I'm a 21 years old male the problem is that I've pain in my body basically most of the joints sections like upper middle back, legs, shoulder, neck and feel numbness and indigestion. Please recommend me some solution so I can heel my body.
I am 24 year old mail. The problem is my hands are shivering more at recent times. I have this problem from the age of 20. It only happens when I have great amount of fear or anxiety or handling delicate things. Please let me know what I can do to cure it.
I am suffering from insomnia for 10 years taking sleeping pill for long time. Is their any natural remedy.
Sir, My age is 50 and I am having problem of cervical. Doctor said cervical nerve is somewhat blocked. Now I am getting jerks in left shoulder for 20-30 minutes. Then it stops. Again it get start after 2-3 hours. Please help. Tell what to do. Or tell home remedy to stop this. Or tell ayurvedic remedy? Please help.
My father has age of 55 years. Recently he made an accident as a normal head injury and back pain few days back but now two things are normal but blood creatinine level is rising rapidly. There is no prior symptoms of any type of kidney disease but now he suffering for blood creatinine. What can be the possible reason for that. He is under treatment in hospital and admitted since one week.
I am suffering from migraine. I regularly get head ache. If I get exposed to sun then my severity increases. Please find a solution to me.?
I want an advise for my hand when I drive a cycle or scooty my hand fingers become numb after 5 to 10 minutes drive. Why it happens what is a remedy for getting out of it.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made
appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.
I am a woman in late 40s and have migraine. To get some relief from the headache usually I take saridon for headache but is there any medicine better than that for faster relief? And I read somewhere that having too much meds can harm the liver so should I avoid taking headache pills?
I am 26 year old man I have numbness and burning sensation in my right part of the body. I am business man so lot tense in my daily life. Due this problem my sleep get disturb .i feel tired all day. From last 2 years. So please tell me how to get relief.
I am suffering from CMT Type 1a. It was Diogonised in 1995. At present I am 58 yrs old man. I was informed by the neurophysian that there is no treatment of my disease. Can you help me. If you like I maysend you all my nearve reports. Now a days I am unable to walk/stand without some one support.I can not even hold some thing properly.My hearin loss is also high.
Sleep is the normal physiological process of our body which is as important as respiration and digestion. Sleep is vital for maintaining our physical and mental health. Normal adults require 8 hours of sleep every day, whereas it 14 to 15 hours of sleep is recommended for for infants and toddlers.
What are the different stages of Sleep
Every human has a natural circadian clock in their body, which is responsible for maintaining our sleep - wake homeostasis. The different stages of sleep include REM and NREM that is rapid eye movement sleep and non rapid eye movement sleep respectively. REM is the deep sleep stage in which it is very difficult to wake up the person as this stage includes the sensory inhibition and all voluntary muscles along with almost all interactions with the surroundings are inhibited. Therefore, a person’s physical stress and tiredness also gets relieved during this stage of sleep. NREM sleep is the stage between REM and awakening and here the person may have sensory connection with his or her surroundings, but may not respond.
Sleep and its benefits
Sleep and stress have a very strong connection with each other. The best way to relieve stress and any other mental disturbance is sleep. It is essential to have knowledge about sleep psychiatry for almost all physicians as they face many sleep deprived patients in their day to day practice.
- Sleep is not only responsible for relieving mental stress and depression, but has other benefits as well
- Sleep is also essential for the normal physiological growth in early infancy and it is vital for development of normal alertness, attention and knowledge
- It also relaxes our voluntary muscles and thereby, relieves us from physical stress
- Sleep disturbance may also aggravate diseases in our body. Sleep is also the state of recovery and healing.
Sleep psychiatry also insist on meditation and ensures that people have normal pattern of sleep, in order to maintain the mental health of the person in a normal state.