Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.Muruga DassYour feedback matters!
I'm 18 year old boy, I'm suffering from bad breath. Even after brushing twice a day and trying mouthwash and flossing. Why is it so? I have nasal allergy (dust) is this because of that? Please help.
I have wisdom teeth. I was touching it daily from 7 months but now it causes pain n swelling on face. Not too much but I feel muscles are locked and bone pain. Anyone told me remove but I dnt agree. Now I start use antibiotic and painkiller. I dnt want remove. What is your best suggestion.
When I eat some thing cold or hard things in my right side of the mouth I experience a huge pain in one tooth which is broken in one side. How can I get rid of it please help me?
Every morning I got saliva in my mouth that make my mouth smell so dear sir/mam suggest me how to stop it.
Hi doctors, a inside part of my lower tooth has broken, so I think the tooth can affect from inside. Actually there is no pain and my exams are started and will continue for at least a month. So I don't want any pain. I was asking if there's temporary treatment to reduce the effect on this part till my exams Complete.
I have tooth ache day before yesterday due to which I took a pain killer (bruffin). Now I have swelling and pain. What to do doctor?
I have yellow teeth and a root canal is there in my teeth can tooth whitening toothpaste solve both the problem?
Dear Sir, I am suffering from TMJ dysfunction from last 2Months, The main problem is that I am feeling clicking during my mouth opening and closing. For that problem I had also consult with one Maxillofacial /orthodontist and they had done Occlusion treatment and now they are asking for Splint for 6-8Months. But after my Occlusion treatment I am feeling Muscle tension Headache and minor pain in my TMJ side. (Note:- My first doctor (Mr. Manish Sharma) referred me to another doctor (Varun) for Occlusion treatment) Please suggest whether should I go with splint or not because doctor is not sure for 100% improvement in my TMJ problem. I am taking below medicine during my treatment:- 1). Rejoint 2). Mahagesic MR-4mg.
How I stop chewing tobacco. I am 15 year old and in my mouth only 3 fingers has gone what should I do please doctor I am in very sad?
I am having teeth pain but in xray no cavity is shown what can be the other reason for pain. Please advise.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.