Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I have hair fall so please suggest medicine for it and am suffering with mental pressure. How to come out from mental pressure.
Sir/Mam On my face there have have lot of pimples. I used melas cream. My face damaged and rough skin. Please help.
I am loosing my hair it has been very thin now my hair has became very thin, previously my hair was very thick please suggest? Suffering from overweight want to loose some weight.
I have heard that if aloevera juice (one teaspoon) daily it will damage kidney and other side effect will take place in the body. Please tell me in details about when will it happen.
Scarless facelift where in the scar cannot be seen and is hidden in the hairs. The results are like conventional facelift but without any visible scar. The results last for very long because with especially designed instruments, the fascia is also tightened.
The chances of any complication like nerve damage etc, are also virtually non existent with this technique
I am 19 years old boy. My name is Ashish. O am suffering from hair loss. My hairs are falling a lot these days. please help me In this matter.
I am 66 years old being diabetic and hypertensive. My three average Hb1c is 7.1 recently. I am advised one dietician to take vinegar and honey with water daily morning to get reduced my over weight (93 kgs) and to feel good. Whether honey can be taken being diabetic. There are difference of opinions between doctors regarding using of honey. What is your opinion?
Hey myself prabuddha and I'm 19 years old. My question is, is it possible to increase height after age 19? My current height is 167 cm but I'm not happy with it. Please give some exercise and diet tips to increase my height.
Best Exercises for Knee Pain Relief in Osteoarthritis
The quadriceps (or quads) describe the four muscles located on the front of the thigh. They contract together to help flex (or lift up) the hip and extend (or straighten) the knee. The quads often become weak after injury is sustained or surgery is performed on the lower leg or thigh. For this reason, it is important to learn how to strengthen this muscle group for a complete recovery.
People with certain conditions often exhibit quadriceps weakness. These conditions may include:
- Patellofemoral stress syndrome
- Iliotibial band friction syndrome
- Patellar tendonitis or tendinosis
Typically, a specific area of your quad called the vastus medialis obliqus (VMO) may be weak or inhibited from contracting properly in these conditions. Your PT can show you how to perform these quad exercises with a special focus on the VMO for maximal effect.
Some quad strengthening exercises place significant stress on your knee joint. Your physical therapist can show you ways to minimize joint stress while still strengthening your quadriceps. Be sure to check in with your doctor before starting these - or any other - exercises.
Reveiw these exercises for quad strengthening and get started on the road to stronger thighs.
2 Straight Leg Raises
Place a cuff weight around your ankle to add full resistance to your straight leg raising exercise.
The straight leg raising (SLR) exercise is a simple way to get your quad muscles working properly. Here is how the SLR is done.
- Lie on your back on a flat surface.
- Bend the knee of your uninvolved leg (the one that wasn't operated on) to a 90-degree angle, and keep your foot flat on the surface. Keep your involved leg straight without the knee bent.
- Slowly lift the involved leg 12 inches off the floor (by contracting the front thigh muscles). Hold for five seconds.
- Slowly lower your leg to the floor. Relax and repeat 10 to 15 times.
The knee of the raised leg should remain straight throughout this exercise. Focus on lifting by using the muscles on the front of your hip joint. This exercise can be made more challenging by placing a 2 or 3 pound cuff weight on your ankle before you lift.
3 Short Arc Quads
The short arc quad (SAQ) exercise is a great way to really focus in on properly contracting your quadriceps muscles. Here is how you do it:
- Lie on your back and use a small coffee can (or paper towel roll) to prop your knee up.
- Slowly straighten your bent knee until it is all the way straight.
- Tighten your quad muscle and hold it tight for 5 seconds.
- Slowly lower your leg down.
- Repeat for 15 repetitions.
4 Wall Slides
- Stand upright with your back against a wall and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly bend your knees, sliding your back down the wall for a count of five until your knees are bent at a 45-degree angle. (Do not bend too much further than this, as it will cause increased strain on your knees.) Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Straightening your knees by slowly sliding up the wall until you are fully upright with knees straight.
- Repeat the above steps 10 more times.
5 Terminal Knee Extension
Terminal knee extension (TKE) is a simple, yet effective, way to strengthen your quads in a standing position. The TKE is considered a functional exercise, as you quads will be working while supporting your body weight.
To perform the terminal knee extension exercise, you must first obtain a resistance band, like a Theraband, from your physical therapist. Once you have a band, you should be ready to start the exercise. Here's how you do it:
- Tie your resistance band around a stable object so it is anchored around the height of your knee. (The leg of a table is a good place.)
- Step into the loop with the leg you wish to exercise.
- Face the anchor point with the resistance band looped around your knee and your knee slightly bent.
- Slowly straighten your knee, placing tension on the band. The resistance band should provide some resistance as your try to fully straighten your knee.
- Once your knee is straight and the band has tension on it, hold the position for 3 seconds.
- Slowly allow your knee to bend slightly once again.
- Repeat the exercise for 15 repetitions.
I am running low pressure. 100/60. My normal pressure is 110/70. Currently I am feeling very weak and energy loss. Is it due to low pressure. I have fasting blood sugar 75. Is it the reason for weakness and loss of energy. How can I increase my blood pressure. Thanks.
The fact is there are no shortcuts! However, there are some really efficient ways (if followed religiously) that can result in quick riddance from fat and related woes.
Let's see how to get around obesity in these simple ways:
- Reduce Salt Intake: More salt in body means more sodium which gives a puffy look to your body. So, it's advised to eat less salt and more potassium as it will reduce the amount of water in the body resulting in reduced weight.
- Never Skip Exercise: Exercise daily because this is one sure-shot way of reducing weight because it burns direct fat. Especially cardio exercises can help in reducing weight but you have to be regular in that.
- Manage Your Diet Well: Diet management is the first and foremost thing that can help you deal with the problem of obesity. It is not easy and everyone's cup of tea to have a control on diet but half the battle is won, if you can deal with this dietary change. Your diet should be low in calories, with less carbohydrates and less fats.
- Have Mint Leaves: Taking mint leaves in warm water half an hour after taking meals will prove to be beneficial in losing weight as it helps in proper digestion and boosting metabolism.
- Drink Green Tea: Green tea, an antioxidant by nature can go a long way in helping you reduce weight. So, prefer taking green tea, if not more once or twice a day.
- Switch To Lukewarm Water: Drinking lukewarm water every time you are thirsty will reduce fat deposits in your body, so you must go for it.
- Make Homemade Food: Prefer eating homemade food and avoid fatty and fast food.