Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V HemalathaYour feedback matters!
Yes I try to give her solid food. But she spits it out. I can't give a big mouth rice. 4 to 6 grains of rice that's all she chew. More quantities if I give her she spit it out. She doesn't want to eat bread, cheeses curd and many more things if I give her. Even banana I have to fed her. If I ask her to hold the banana she will. Never do that. What should i do for her?
what is minimum sugar level in new born baby? Is it possible that a new born baby has a low sugar level (in between 30 to45)?
My son is 9month old baby. He has shown no interset in crawling and sitting with out support. What I will do? am very suffering for my son.
My 2year old boy getting bleeding from nose. He z 7th mnth born baby. Doctor suggested only nasal drops. Is it enough? R any necessity to change food habits?
If children of one month is vomiting excessively and her weight decreased by one kilo. Then what is the probable cases possible.
My daughter had 8 months now. She suffering from cold and cough. So what kind of medicine to take her? Please explain.
Hello. My 2 month baby is too fussy. She keeps crying all the time. And her crying can be controlled only if I feed her. I do feed her even if she is not hungry just to make her stop crying. I am a working women. Please tell me how can I help her as I will have to leave her with a maid from next month (She is not having colic or reflux problem.) If this is a normal behaviour please tell me till when will this be.
My daughter is 9 months old and she coughs at night a lot. I have been noticing change in noises she make, like she has a lot of cough in. Thanks!
My daughter is 5 years old but simply refuses to eat anything she is weighing only 14 kgs I have to literally beat her everyday but she just doesn't barge in, Kindly help please. Not sure if she has worms.
Sir my child 07 years old but she never feel hungry I have done lot of test like tv, ultrasound and lot of blood test but only tv direct few we have given 9 month medicine but still she is not eating.
Dear sir my question is a little child lives with my home his age is betn 3 year but the problem is when his mother going to feed him he unwanted to eat anything what to do at that situation.
Hi my baby girl is 50 days old. Having fever since last 7 days. Doctor has given paracetamol drops and asked to give 4 times a day. There is was no improvement after two days so we visited doctor again he suggested to wait for four days with same medicines and come after that. Now after 5 days fever is continue. Kindly suggest, should I wait further.
I am having daughter who is 2.5 years old. She is having a very poor appetite. She doesn't eat anything. Her weight is is also low. Please suggest medicines for appetite increased and to grow her weight.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.