Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.Ajith KumarYour feedback matters!
My uncle died. We don't know the exact reason for his death. But there was nonstop bleeding of blood from his mouth even after death. Many says he died of heart attack. What is the exact reason for his death?
Good morning sir, my daughter was 11 years old ,she was toilet on the bed in sleeping position. What is the reason.
I, m 62 Yrs old suffering from diabetes for the last four years. My creatinine level at the begning was well within the range of 0.8-0.85 but it went up to 1.28mg/dl with the medication for diabetes. From the begning I am using Formin plus 500 once after lunch which keeps the sugar level right from the very begning in the range of 110-160 mg/dl. I just wanted to know why my creatinine level has increased? Is there any side effect of the medicine which I am taking? Pl explain?
I want to have anal sex what to do for the first tym. My husband is eager to do he daily force me but it pains once he starts.
I have been feeling stress . I do not know what to do. I can not sleep whole night .I tried to sleep but I can not . My parents continues scolding me every day but I can not say anything . Sometimes I feel like I should finish myself so that everything will be fine . Please help me.
My husband is suffering from kidney stone from last few hours with feeling of passing the motion. But till no relief in pain. What he should do. He is out of his place.
I have pain in my heart for 2 to 3 days but when I drink eno it's not and over and also have pain in my stomach and drinking eno is wad over and over.
I am suffering from fulx and sneezing in every week. This problem is continuous over 4years and anyone can't solve this problem. Now what should can I do?
My doctor told me that you are suffering from double hernia. Can you suggest me what should I do. Is operation is the last step?
Pain and sleep together contribute to be a dreadful cycle. Pain and sleep are two aspects, which go hand in hand. The effect of the pain coupled with stress and tension causes detrimental effects on sleep.
- Relationship between the two: Studies show that more than half the percentage of people with chronic pain disorders suffer from sleep problems and more than half of insomniac patients suffer from pain. Pain affects the duration of sleep and pain inflicted people have poor sleep hours. Pain also affects the quality of sleep. While trying to fall asleep, environmental factors such as light, external noise and temperature affect a pain inflicted person more. People suffering from pain have much less control on sleep. They worry about their disrupted sleep cycle, which causes more stress.
- Medications: Medications which treat chronic pain sometimes are responsible for causing sleep disturbances because of the presence of certain chemicals. It is perceived that pain medications would reduce pain and sleep would improve. However, this is not the case and people who take medicines for pain treatment, suffer from disrupted sleep. Sleeping pills do not work effectively in people suffering from pain.
- Effects: Lack of sleep affects your quality of life to a great extent, especially when it is due to pain. Lack of sleep combined with pain will affect any kind of work you undergo and your performance will be dull and sloppy. There will be a degradation in the person's mood, activities and even relationships are affected.
- The disastrous cycle: Sleep and pain create a dangerous cycle. The relationship between sleeplessness and pain is reciprocal in the sense that pain affects and causes difficulty in sleeping, in a continuous pattern and poor sleep further enhances or affects pain. Pain causes disturbances in sleep, gives rise to stress and fatigue and leads to even more pain, which again affects sleep. This process keeps on occurring like a cycle.
- Treatment: For treatment of sleeping disorders due to pain, both the aspects should be addressed. A multidisciplinary approach has to be taken. You can try interventional treatment procedures, which will help you to decrease your level of pain. Along with this, you should consult a behavioral health specialist to get the best remedies on coping with stress. Working these two out will result in decreased pain, decreased stress and your normal sleep will be revitalized.
Pain and sleep together work like a cycle. Excess pain leads to reduced sleep, which causes more pain in return and the cycle carries on. Proper remedies should be taken to get rid of the pain, which would revive good sleep.