Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
I had an unprotected sex on 21/3/17 at around 2 pm to avoid pregnancy I ate few pieces of papaya in the evening.In the night when I went to the toilet I started bleeding does that mean I terminated the pregnancy or am I still at the chance of pregnancy? Please help.
Exercise of any kind whether it is brisk walking running or weight training if done for 30 minutes or so five days a week offers tremendous benefits both physical and mental. Several studies have proven that working out can reduce stress and boost the body's ability to deal with existing mental tension and anxiety
Acupressure is a traditional Chinese healing treatment modality which works on the principle that the human body carries a dense network of energy pathways. When these get blocked, the smooth flow of energy too is disturbed resulting in various diseases.
The Chinese identified points along these pathways which if stimulated, could re-balance the whole energy system and help in countering disease. This, in short, is the basic guideline of Acupressure.
Since energy pathways include some running at the accessible range of a needle, acupuncture, a form of acupressure uses needles, as fine as human hair, inserted in different acupuncture points on the hands and feet of the patient to normalise the energy flow. Acupressure also works on these pressure points but without the needles. The basic guideline of both acupressure and acupuncture is the same, and just the methodology differs. In acupressure, a practitioner uses fingers, seeds, blunt instruments and other objects to put pressure on the acupuncture points to normalise energy flow.
How is acupressure treatment given?
- Each point is on a meridian that is connected to a particular important organ of your body. So a sore point on your kidney meridian may indicate a problem with your kidneys.
- The practitioner listens to your case history and then starts treatment by pressing points on your hands and feet. He puts sustained pressure on each point while taking feedback from you about the soreness of a particular point. A sore point indicates a problem in blood circulation and stuck energy.
- It is how an acupressurist diagnoses and then cures a particular health problem.
- Acupressure can also be practised by you yourself by pressing points on your body. You need to be trained to do this, however.
- After putting pressure on points for anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour, the acupressurist usually attaches a tiny magnet to the point with tape for 24 hours.
- Anyone can go for acupressure treatment
- It has proven to be extremely efficacious in treating infertility, liver problems, pain, stress etc.
- It takes several sessions to cure a disease.
- While some practitioners merely treat local symptoms, genuinely trained acupuncturists practice their art as a comprehensive system of holistic medicine which heals the body, mind and the spirit.
There are no side effects of acupressure if precautions like the following are taken-
- Pregnant women should take care not to go in for acupressure treatments.
- Patients with life-threatening diseases like stroke or heart disease should consult their doctor before using acupressure or other alternative therapies.
- Acupressure does not cure bacterial infections so acupressure is contra-indicated for UTIs for example.
- Acupressure is also not a treatment for cancer, contagious skin diseases, or sexually transmitted diseases but can help alleviate symptoms.
After an acupressure session, take care to protect yourself from cold as your body heat is lowered. So, keep warm when you finish an acupressure routine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I have 6 months old kid. I'm breastfeeding her. Initially my Dr. Told me to continue calcium and iron tablets till I feed the baby. So I'm planning to continue breastfeeding at least for a year. So till that I need to continue calcium and iron tablets?
I have pcod. What is more imp diet chart or exercise? I also feel that my abdomen area is swelled and I feel bloated at all times .oily skin + pcod contributes to pimples and bad SKin.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!