Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Urmila Nischal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Urmila NischalYour feedback matters!
My hair volume is very less. I have freeze dry hair. I need some help. I want to gain back my lost hair.
Any creams ,pills or injections? To whiten skin I do not want pinkish skin .i want white im medium brown now please tell me what to buy and also the intake of it! Coz I want to be a model, Thanks.
My hairs are falling with very large rate. And also they are getting damaged continuously. What should I do?
Too much red pimples on my face .and some pimples caused marks .and some caused minute holes .suggest something.
I am 23 years old and I'm facing a skin problem due to which I have some itching also and even blood also came out . Can you please advice me the medicine .
Hi I am 26 years old girl getting skin blemish uneven skin and some black small spots please refer me something.
Psoriasis is a non-contagious common skin condition that causes rapid skin cell reproduction resulting in red, dry patches of thickened skin. The dry flakes and skin scales are thought to result from the rapid buildup of skin cells. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
Psoriasis can be caused by a variety of reasons. Heredity can be crucial. If one parent is affected, then there is 15% of chances for the child to suffer from psoriasis. If both the parents are affected then the possibility of child getting the psoriasis is 60%. Consumption of opposite foods (such as fish and milk together), trauma on skin like cuts, bruises or burns, some medicines or skin irritants, excessive smoking, alcohol consumption and mental stress or psychological trauma can also be responsible for causing it.
- Loose silvery scales
- Itching or burning skin
- Raised pus-filled skin bumps
- Skin redness around pustules
- Restricted joint motion
- Emotional distress
- Skin pain and inflammation
- Skin blisters
- Dry skin patches
- Bleeding skin patches
According to Ayurveda, Psoriasis appears due to imbalance of two doshas - Vata and Kapha . Vata and Kapha doshas manifest in the skin and cause accumulation of toxins. These toxins accumulate in deep tissues like rasa (nutrient plasma), rakta (blood), mansa (muscles), and lasika (lymphatic). These toxins cause contamination of deeper tissues, leading to Psoriasis.
Purification of blood and tissues is the primary aim of Ayurvedic treatment in cases of Psoriasis. Toxins are cleansed from the body and the digestion restored to prevent further accumulation. Nourishing herbs are then administered to strengthen and tone the tissues to promote complete healing of the skin.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid consuming opposite foods.
- Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowels, etc.
- Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy workout, traveling, a long walk, etc.
- Take care not to consume foods which cause indigestion.
- Absolutely do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
- Avoid sleeping in afternoons.
- Say no to radish, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour foods.
- Cover the affected part with a fresh thin banana leaf.
- Take 15-20 sesame seeds and soak in a glass of water. Keep it overnight and drink on an empty stomach early in the morning.
- Take 1-2 cup of bitter gourd juice on empty stomach in the morning. Continue this for 5-6 months. Patient may add a tablespoon of lime juice, if they find it difficult to digest the bitter taste.