Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I have acne problem from my teenage now I'm 23 and it is going on as same as I was in teenage and also I have many scars on my face so please give a good advice me to get rid from the both acne and scars.
I am loosing my hair very fast. Please advice me to avoid and help me to avoid hair loose. Please help me. I am very much depressed by this?
I m loosing my hairs continuously. I ve dandruff in my scalp too. What should I do to recover my scalp from dandruff..
Sir, I have black spots, little holes and pimples on my face. And I don't use any cream or powder. Please suggest me which cream should I use?
I am 38 year old male and almost 90% of my hair have turned grey and the remaining are also turning grey very fast. I want to know if there is any treatment available to turn them black again?
I am a 25yr old male, my problem is itching, last 2month I suffer this problem, pls sugest quck relif solution.
I lost my hair from middle so I want to plan minoxidil doses so can I use this drug and I am at male patter baldness 5A.
Give me something I can level of the drug, said it had no face? My body is like the girls, "I will not deal with a beard and mustache situation to live, please let me know I'm a terrible affliction. Hay to become Testorin Level ready?
I have a lot of pimples on my face looking like allergy it was too hard on my face please tell me the solution.
Hello, I am a 18 year old girl and my weight is 44kg. My skin is very dry. What should I do to get rid of it? Please give me some remedy or diet to follow?
My hair is dry but I am using indhu leka bring oil it control hair fall but not dry hair please suggest me home remedies please Doctor.
My hair is losing in these days what can I do and dandruff is really disturbing I want thick and black hair what can I do. My skin is very dry I also expect a medicine to this also.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.