Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Umesh Shetty
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh ShettyYour feedback matters!
My aunt is 36 year old and she is suffering from very bad lower back pain. She is taking few medicine but she say she is not getting any relive. She is also able to do house hold work. please plz help.
I have a leg ache. I have tried many medicines prescribed by physician. But I don't feel any relief. Please suggest any prescription.
My age is 30 sexually active don't smoke and drink during early morning my legs are pulling away from body. Kindly suggest medication.
I have suffered pain in my legs since last 2-3 weeks and also difficulty in walking. So what should I have to do?
I am 44 yrs old male suffering from diabetes for the last 14 yrs now I feel fatigue and feeling stiffness in my calf what I can do. Please Prescribe.
I am 24 yrs male I have neck pain. My mri scan impression. Mr. Imaging of cervical spin reveals early changes of cervical spondylosis, mild disc bulges at c4-5 c5-6; loss of normal lordosis contributing to mild indentations over cord. No significant cord compression or abnormal intra medullary signals in cord. No obvious nerve root compression.
I am 33yrs old I have lumbar spondyolisis i, e low back pain what should I do please give me the remedies.
3 Effective Exercises for Knee Pain on Foam Roller
Here are 3 of the most effective exercises for knee pain:
1. IT Band Foam Roll
IT band tightness is a common complaint among runners and cyclists. It can often be prevented by properly stretching and warming up the muscles of the upper leg before running. Using the foam roller before and after a run can help you avoid this condition and keep you going pain-free!
- Lie on your side with the foam roller under the outside of your upper right leg. Rest your right arm on the ground to prop up your upper body and bend your left leg over your right to support the lower body.
- Roll up and down the outside of your upper leg between the hip and knee. If you feel a spot that’s tender or tight, spend more time working that area.Perform the rolling movement for 15 to 30 seconds and repeat on the opposite side.
2. Adductor Roll
The adductor muscles are commonly overlooked. The muscles are constantly in use but are often forgotten when doing other strengthening exercises and stretches. Using a foam roller on this muscle group can help keep them flexible and free from injury.
- Lie on your stomach with the foam roller under your upper right leg. Turn your right foot outward so the foam roller is on the inside of the leg. Place your arms on the floor in front of you to prop up your upper body, and keep your left leg on the ground to support the lower body.
- Roll up and down the inner part of the upper right leg between the hip and knee. If you feel a spot that’s tender or tight, spend more time working that area. Perform the rolling movement for 15 to 30 seconds and repeat on the other leg.
3. Quadriceps Foam Roll
The quadriceps are large, frequently used muscle group, so it’s hard to ignore them when they’re tight and sore. The tightness can lead to low back and hip pain as well. Using a foam roller to release tension and lengthen the muscle can help alleviate these problems.
- Lie on your stomach with the foam roller under your upper legs.Rest your arms on the floor in front of you to prop up your upper body, and keep your toes on the floor to support your lower body.
- Roll up and down the upper leg between the hip and knee, applying just enough pressure to feel the effects of the roller. If you feel a spot that’s tender or tight, spend more time working that area. Roll for 15 to 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.