Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. Myself aged 33. I have high BP problem since last many years. I do consume proper medication. But some time I feel giddy. What should I do?
Hello, I am 40 years old having hypertension and anxiety issue, taking Ciplar LA 40 and Amodep 5 once a day for the last 10 years and maintaining systolic pressure of 130 with these medicines. My doctor has recently changed my medication to Metosartan 50 twice a day because my systolic went to about 140. I feel Metosartan 50 twice a day is little higher, What is your opinion?
If the resting BP in the morning is OK then does it mean no hypertension even if in a day time it increases or what is the correct method of diagnosis.
Hi I am 34 year, I am from Manipur since last 7/8 months my bp is increasing slowly. Doc said need to focus on food and work. Do I need further care more about this matter suddenly yesterday bp reach 140/110.
My father in law has seven artery block. As per ngography report there are 7 block found from 50% to 99%. Almost all the veins are seemed blocked. Our local consultant is depending on medicine therapy only. Now is it possible to do bypass surgery?
How to reduce triglyceride? Taking moderate diet a little surgery food and doing exercise say 4 km jog, 2-4 km walking 30 mins free hand exercise then also triglyceride not decreasing. Taking garlic, amla juice, methi seed as a home remedies.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.