Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I am 51 years, and have Heart patient. My Heart wave (one) size is 1.3 mm Doctors sujust for open heart operation and change the wave. Please advise.
I am 27 years old female and mother of two. Usually I have joint pains and chest pain regularly. What should I do?
I have seen recently that my BP is ranging at about 140-160/ 89-100. Pls advise. I am 47 yrs, 5'10" and weight would be around 78 kgs.
What is thombroysis? N can a heart get another attack after 3 attacks n successful double bypass surgery ie valve replacement n artery bypass?
I am 65 years old and using amalopinAT for more than 6 years to control my BP, but with side effects of cough as well as swelling in legs. please advise a better method, to keep up better life .
Blood pressure is the thrust exerted by the blood against the artery walls or blood vessels. A certain count of blood pressure is necessary for blood circulation, but anything excessive may prove to be trouble. A reading above the count considered normal; 140/90 (mmHg) may induce symptoms, such as short breath, severe headaches, nosebleeds and anxiety.
Any sort of hypertension during pregnancy can take a toll on the baby.
1. Preeclampsia is a condition wherein, the blood pressure peeks high after 20 weeks of conception accompanied by traces of protein in urine and functional disorders in a few organs.
2. Hypertension might often result in the delivery of an underdeveloped (abnormally small size) baby.
3. High blood pressure might also give rise to a complication wherein, one might have to go for Caesarian section rather than a normal vaginal delivery.
4. The placenta detaches itself from the uterine wall much prior to the delivery.
5. Preeclampsia escalates one’s risks of suffering from heart disorders or other cardiovascular diseases.
6. It restricts the blood flow to the placenta (an organ nourishing the baby), thus cutting off adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.
Signs and symptoms:
1. Excessive protein content in urine
2. Impaired liver functioning
3. Low urine levels
4. Nausea or vomiting
5. Intense pain and tenderness in the upper abdomen
6. Problems in eyesight such as double vision or temporary loss of vision, light sensitivity and blurriness.
7. Abnormal swelling
8. Persistent and a severe headache
Medications do meddle with pregnancy. However, certain medications are considered safe to be used for keeping blood pressure levels under control. These include Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs) and Renin Inhibitors. However, do consult a doctor to get your dosage administered accurately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.