Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
My cholesterol ranges from 180 to 220. I am 57 years old. TLC 9000, DLC 55/43, LDL 105, HDL 45, Hb 15.3, sugar fasting 94.
Hi I am ravishankar 25 years old. For the past few months Iam getting some pain in chest. What should I do?
Research has shown that sitting for prolonged durations has many dangerous effects on our body in the long term.
1) On your back -
The problem: sitting for long hours can cause muscle aches and pains. It can also lead to abnormal bending of your spine which may make one more prone to have long term back pain.
The solution: keep your back straight and maintain proper posture.
2) On your weight -
The problem: according to a recent research, people who say they watch television frequently are 40 per cent less likely to exercise than non-tv watchers.
The solution: get up and get moving.
3) On your brain
The problem: researchers recently found that prolonged session of watching tv before going to bed makes it harder to fall asleep, reduces sleep, and makes one groggy the next day, even after clocking eight hours of sleep. The reason is that the blue light which the television emits, inhibits the release of melatonin, a hormone that helps you go to sleep.
The solution: limit your tv viewing to two hours after work.
4) On your lungs
The problem: among the many health hazards it causes, sitting for long hours can also shrink your lung capacity by a third, so you get less oxygen, which causes a decrease in mental focus the second you sit on the couch.
The solution: sit on a chair with a pillow behind your lower back. It is a position that helps open your lungs.
5) On your heart
The problem: An international study found out that on an average, every single hour of television watching after 25 reduces life expectancy by close to 22 minutes.
The solution: researchers have discovered little mortality risk for people who watch less than an hour a day. Pick a show that's a real brain numbing deal, so you're more likely to need time between episodes.
I am 22 years old. I started consuming alcohol at the age of 18, but now whenever I drink after half an hour my blood pressure rises, heartbeat rises and eyes get red. please help.
I am 33 year old male. From last 15 days I am feeling loud heart beats, short of breath and sometimes restless and sometimes dizziness. Every now and than I have to take a deep breath, I am confused and worried is it a heart related problem?
What causes attack of sun stroke? Why does the sun stroke attacks? What should we do to avoid this? What precautions should be taken to avoid this? Explain?
What happens when I shut my mouth and nose, when I will sneeze ? Is there any chance to occur heart attack?
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
In the morning after wake up, I feel some problem while breathing with little chest pain. What should I do? I don't have any bad habits such as drinking, smoking etc. Please suggest.
Hello respected doctors, I am on B.P tablet Met xl 12.5, I constantly feel fatigue low mood, life is not much enjoyable, apart from it, I am facing difficulty to talk and understand/concentrate, I am sleeping for 14- fifteen hours a day still feel drowsy Maybe because I am on nexito10 tab which I take at 9pm, talking difficulties like slur speech eye pain on inner part of eye I feel heavy head, feeling like brain is blocked and it expands or beats like heart And during this eye pain starts and mostly when I am stressed or very much tensed/worried I feel there is a pressure on my brain and eyes, I am unable to remember/recollect things. Do I require a Brain Scan? whom can help me psychiatrist or neurologist or both I need to consult?
I am 20 years old female . I have some problems in my chest .I mean that my nipples are inside but there is no pain . What disease may I have .
Palpitations is the feeling that you experience when your heart beats abnormally. Heart palpitations can be felt in the form of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats. They can be frightening as when you palpate, you heart beats so hard that it even skips a beat and the sensations are so strong that they can be felt all through your chest, neck, and throat.
Palpitations are also common especially in young people because of abnormal electrical circuits in heart from birth. However, they may have normal hearts on Echo. Such palpitations are curable by a nonsurgical methods called Radiofrequency Ablation.
Palpitations can be triggered as a result of a number of reasons like stress, certain medications, exercise etc.
Here are a few prominent causes of heart palpitations.
Causes unrelated to the Heart -
- Anxiety, fear, and stress
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs like caffeine, nicotine etc.
- Consumption of street drugs likes cocaine, amphetamines etc.
- Certain medical conditions such as thyroid, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure and low sugar levels etc.
- Hormonal changes that occur as a result of menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain nutritional and herbal supplements
- Certain medications like asthma inhalers, diet pills etc.
- Abnormal levels of electrolyte
- Sensitivity to certain food items like some carbohydrates
Causes related to the Heart -
- Coronary artery disease
- Prior instances of heart attack
- Congestive heart failure (a condition wherein your heart's chambers get affected)
- Problems associated with the heart valves or the heart muscles
Immediate Relief Mechanisms-
It is crucial to go to the most easily available doctor to get an ECG done during palpitations as ECG will give an exact diagnosis, which helps in identifying the clear line of treatment.
Here are a few techniques that can help you in getting immediate relief from heart palpitations until you are able to visit a doctor in case of a serious condition.
- Cough it out
- Splash cold water on your face or take a cold shower
- Practice slow, deep breathing exercises