Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. Umashankar .RYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old and I am present of migrane so what do for it and what type of food eat and what I do for this?
Hello sir, I am 21 years old. Sir I think I have some nerve problems my my hands, fingers are automatically shaking sir while I am holding some thing eg if I hold glass, mobile etc please suggest me a reason and what I HV to do further. I have smoking habit for last 2 years.
Actually I am having a migraine problem. I cannot even stand properly because I faint in 2-3 minutes. What to do? please reply as soon as possible.
I am Rahul, my father is suffering from Anaplastic astrocytoma (grade3) and his age is 59 years. What are his chances of survival and how long patients of such kind live thanx.
My wife is 75 yrs. Old. She has been diagnosed with parkinson, s disease. It is said there is no cure for this disease. She is regularly taking levadopa and carbidopa(allopathic medicines); but we do not see any marked improvement. Is there any remedy from ayurvedic medicines? I would be thankful if I could get expert advice from any of the trusted and top doctors of your team as how to get cure from this disease.
My father, age 58 has got brain Hemorrhage before 8 days. He was immediately hospitalized and till today after 8 days he is in CCU. He has some body movement but he is in unconscious state. He can't open her eyes, can't talk. And does not have any mouth moment. He can breath naturally with out external oxygen and has every part of body below neck is fine except right hand. He never required ventilator. My query is, is he out of danger zone. And how much time will he take to open his eyes and come out of unconscious state. Is it normal conditions for such patients. Attached ate reports of my father. Please reply me as soon as possible. More details about the presenting complaint: Cause of brain hemorrhage is high blood pressure Previous history of the same issue: Had heart attack in 2007 Current medications: Diabetic, constipation, high bp, also has continuously whistling problem in both ears since last 20 years Height, Weight, BMI Height (cm)BMIWeight (Kg) 160.0033.2085.00.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.