Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umashankar .NYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with alopecia barbae i guess. Beard growth stopped in a patch towards left of my cheek, a size of 25np coin. Its almost 3 months now, used medicines and creams but for no avail.
I am 30 year old male. I am suffering from recurring abscess on my buttocks. First time it started on first week of february when physician treated me with antibiotics after doing usg test. Wound healed in 1 week. Again in second week of may, another abscess came near to same area. Doctor asked me get admitted immediately and referred me to surgeon. They did surgery next day and cut a lump of 3cm*2cm*1.5cm through excisional biopsy. Histopathology report that came after 5 days shows" infected epidermal inclusion cyst. It takes 20 days to get that wound healed. They have given antibiotic" linezolid 600 mg" for 7 days twice daily. Wound heeled but again new abscess started on other butt. I met physician again who took some tests. Sugar tests came in normal range. But crp test shows 1.7mg/dl against <0.5 normal range. Some blood test also deviates such as wbc 12000, platelets dropped to 1.18 in place 1.48 on day of surgery. Esr rate was 17 & eosinophils showing 35, mcv 80.7. Others things in complete hamogram was nomal. Physician has given cap augmentin 625 thrice daily, and rifampicin 600 and bactiv once daily for 10 days. I have also history of pulmonary tuberculosis in 2005 where I complete full dosage of 9 months and no symptom after that. Kindly tell if I need to do anything else and these medicine is solving the root cause problem and not such subsidizing wound? thx in advance.
My son had allergy on whole body, face as if he taken wrong medicine. Got to hospital, gave Allegra syrup which itching itching and rashes disappeared slowly after growing flat. Next day again appeared, given medicine 5 ml again put appeared again in evening. What is it ? How to treat ?
I have problem of acne in summers and I have taken many medicines for that but there is no benefit so can you suggest me some remedies.
I am Now 1.5 month pregnant doctor advised me to take progesterone susten vt 200, but when I take it I feel very itchiness, uncomfort and white particle discharge can I stop it or not. Is it safe to stop?
Hello sir I have hair fall problem, so many hair are falling when I am itching on head. so give me some instruction.
I want to reduce my weight. And also im getting pimples on my face so please suggest me any good medicine.
Colored marks, which are present on the skin since birth or develop soon after birth are called birthmarks. They can be of many sizes, colors and shapes. Some of them are present on the surface, while a few of them are raised over the skin surface.
Here are some common types of birthmarks:
- Salmon patches: These birthmarks are most commonly found. They are flat and thin and are mostly present on the back of the neck, the upper lips, eyelids and in some cases, between the eyebrows. They are usually pale pink or reddish in colour and fade within a year. However, those which are on the nape of the neck might stay and become permanent marks.
- Congenital moles: Congenital moles appear at birth. They are usually brown in colour and can be of different sizes. While some moles appear as a single mark, others can appear clustered in groups. The moles which become larger, however, need close observation because there remains a possibility of them becoming cancerous later on in life.
- Cafe-au-lait spots: They are smoother than other types of patches. They are present from birth and may develop more during childhood. Usually, these spots are not found in the neck or shoulders, but rather at the legs or torso. It is generally not a health scare. However, if these spots appear in clusters and occur in the armpits accompanied with freckles, they might be suggestive of neurofibromatosis later in life.
- Mongolian Spots: They are usually present in babies who are born with darker skins. Mongolian spots usually fade by the time the baby has reached school-going age.
- Venous Malformations: These are very rare birthmarks which are formed because of the abnormalities in the veins. These are usually bigger than other birthmarks and need to be treated by a process which is known as 'embolization'. This involves treating the malformation with a solution, thus putting a clog in the blood vessels and shrinking the mark.
Hello, I have a problem like I have more hair on my chest and cheeks. How to reduce hair permanently on my cheek. Please advise.
My 4 years old kid does itching on face, hands, neck and other areas of body most of the time, which leads to scratches, what could be the issue and to whom I should consult in Pune or Jaipur. Any help would be appreciated!
PRP or platelet rich plasma
A prp is a new approach to hair treatment, in which various growth factors which are essential for hair growth are supplied to the scalp with the help of platelet rich plasma (PRP). As it is derived from the patient's own blood, therefore, has no potential for causing an immune reaction. With we increase a number of platelets at the site which releases various growth factors thereby recover, repair and augments hair health and growth.
How PRP is prepared?
In order to prepare PRP, blood is withdrawn and centrifuged by specialized machines/techniques so that concentrated platelets rich plasma is obtained which contains 5-8 times more platelets per cc as compared to normal plasma. This PRP can be injected directly into the scalp with a very thin needle or can be applied with the help of derma roller.
The role of prp in hair growth
The platelet growth factors stimulate the dormant hair follicles which result in the production of new hair and enhance the hair growth and thickness in next 3-4 months.