Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Umah VenugopalYour feedback matters!
I started using contact lenses. Now my eyes turned out to reddish at some times. Is it normal issue or not?
Hi I wana know that what is the symptoms of joindics because from few day I have feel that some yellowish is in mine eyes.
Respected sir, Yesterday I was hit by a tennis ball in my eyes. My eye got swelling a little bit after hit by ball. But in the morning I was felling pain on the side which was hit by the ball. Plzz suggest some suggestions!
Which is the best inta ocular lens for cataract? and what precautions we have to take after surgery and for how many days?
I have - 3.5 in both eye how decrease them please help me out this I don't like specs which food we eat which exercise we do to decrease my eye number.
My kid had an Eye trauma. Should tennis ball-throwing games be limited for his eye safety or what else can be done?
I feel continuous burning in my eyes almost throughout the day, even when I wake up in the morning. I am also suffering from hypertension, may be this must be one of major cause. Please guide me.
My eyes are paining I feel like I want to touch on every time to do massage on it. By the way I don't have any sight problem.
I have eye problem when I read book to an hour the tears follow from my eyes but when check up my eyes to the doctor then doctor says to me that haven't problem in your eyes but I want to know about this problem please instruct me.
I have red eye for 3 days I try take precautions but I still have problem help me to get out this problem.
Hello sir. I'm 20 years old guy. I'm wearing glasses since 2008. My power is close to -6.00 to -6.50 in both eyes. I can't see anything clear if I remove my glasses. Please help me to decrease my power & if possible remove my glasses. I'l surely do whatever it takes to. I just want to remove my glasses & make my eye healthy again. Thanks allot.
I am 23 year male. And software engineer. I have problem in eye sight. I want to improve this. Please suggest any idea.
1) Is flashlight close to only one eye for long will cause visual impairment in one eye? And in future can it cause lazy eye. 2) I have done that with my" right" eye. Few days ago I used to keep my smartphone camera very close to my eye for long time more than 10 mins to check I have squint or not. Actually i'm in physiological problem. 3) Then I check my both eyes from retina surgeon. According to him my both retinas are normal there is no damage. 4) after that I closed doing such is stupid things. But now when I close my left eye and see with right eye only I see things little blurry not to much but its noticeable. When I see things at far distance with my right eye only it is more blurry than near images. Can this lead to lazy eye in future? How can I treat it?
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.