Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmadeviYour feedback matters!
My periods ended on 10th July; and I went to Leh on 18th July. I got my periods back after a week! Since 18 July, bleeding and spotting there. Can you please help me with this! Thanks.
Doctors pls help me. 2 weeks hua me pregnent hu mjhe baby ni chahiye abhi abortion pillls kha rhi me mifepristone 2 day h agr period ni start hua obortion krana hoga me medicine se hi thik krna chahti hu. Plss koi to tarika idea hoga plsss help doctors with safely.
Mam I am 41 years old. Just got married and planning for a baby. Since 2-3 months I am having blimses on my cheek and nose. Please suggest some medicine for blimses and to conceive easily.
I was on contraceptive pills for 6 months! Now I have stopped taking it but there is sudden huge weight gain. What might be the reason? How to loose my weight and prepare myself to get conceive healthy?
Before 8 month ago I had ectopic pregnancy in that case my one fallopian tube removed but now I want to conceive so please tell me what should I do.
I am 23 years old female from last year I am having uti first I was diagnosed with klebsiella dn with e.coli dn this years now with staphylococcus epidermidis. After the doctors checkup I am feeling discomfort and burning sensation in vulva urethra and vagina and lil pain while urinating level like something is stuck in there. I have had oral sex with my bf 1 years back 5 times only saliva applied on clitoris. My vulva seems dry and little uncomfortable to walk or sit. What could it be? Please help me.
I had a sexual encounter on Jan30 I have used the condom but in stress I forgot to check for breakage in it after 20 min I washed my genitals with water now assuming that she is HIV+ 1 whether the virus will transmit from my hand to the genital part while cleaning? 2 done pcr DNA test for HIV in Feb24 (3week later) it came (-) Can I trust this test and be hopeful?
I have lost my left ovary before a year as I was having chocolate cyst. I just want to ask can I conceive baby after marriage as my periods are normal and it last upto 4-5 days and I have my routine check up every 3 months.
My wife is 26 weeks pregnant and her emotional level becomes higher day to day and because of this she uses to cry several times. How can we overcome against this situation.
I am 25 years old female last 10 years am suffering with PCOD problem because of that I got periods irregularly 2 months, 6 months, 1 year am unmarried I consult many more doctors I used many hormonal tablets 3 months 6 months of courses but I don't get any result and I becomes fatty my hight is 5.4 and my wight is 70. How can I get relive from this problem in natural way.
Meri wife sakshi ki dnc hui thi 18augest 2015 ko uske 2nd period sahi se nhi hue 2 din hoke rah gye bs but ab achanak se usko bleading ho rahi he.
I am 24 year old women after my abortion my weight is increase fastly and now i'm 61 kg my height is 5'3 inch My problem is my stomach and breast size increase 32 to 36 wt should I do please tel me.
Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and married I have so much of interest in sex, but my wife did have a that much of interest we don't have personal issues its a love marriage, at the time of sex she feels so much of pain I am not able to do the sex, that means her Virginia is very tight. I am not able to push into her pussy Is there any medicine for my wife to get a interest in sex. Please help me.
Are there any blood tests for confirming the “marriage with first cousin (Fathers sisters daughter" is ok or not?
Fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.