Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. UmadeviYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old woman. Since two months my periods have become very scanty. I am getting very worried as I will get married once again next year and I want to conceive a child. Does getting scanty period is menopause? please help me.
Food is not only required for sustenance, but if chosen right, they also provide the right kind of boost to your sex life. Some of them are:
- Oysters: Oysters have been long known as aphrodisiacs; consisting of zinc that boosts the libido. Other than oysters, several sea foods like salmon and herring are also known for their ability to enhance your sex life.
- Arugula: This leafy green helps in arousal and also helps in maintaining your sexual health. They do that by absorbing those contaminants in the environment that adversely affect your libido.
- Avocados: The reputation of avocados as an aphrodisiac has been well established over the years. Packed with unsaturated fats and being extremely low in saturated fats, they are very good for the heart which in turn keeps the men away from the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Almonds: Almonds have always been associated as stimulants. They are rich in nutrients and other minerals that help in boosting your sexual health and also aid in the process of reproduction.
- Strawberries: They not only look delicious, but are rich in folic acid, one that keeps away birth defects in women.
I am pregnant but I want no child Now so please consult me. How stop my pregnancy I am one month pregnant wife. Consult me.
Calcium Defiency in women
Diet is a well balanced food combination which should be tailored according to personal needs and as circumstances changes specially. The wrong food can fail to nourish us, can keep us awake at night, make us sluggish and overweight or tense us up;
Major points to be kept in mind to plan our diet are:
- Personal Needs.
- Stages of our life.
- Genetic and temperament conditions.
- Clinical condition.
- Personal needs are likes, dislikes and your time availability
- Stages of our life we are in is very important as age plays a major role. So, supplement and manipulation of food group depends on our age.
There are many health problems those arise because of lifestyle we follow:
- Posture-related problems.
- Mental health disorders, like depression and anxiety.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Abnormal heart beats.
- Menstrual problems.
- Acne and other skin problems.
Common deficiencies noted in women are:
Vegetarian and non - vegetarian diet have their unique role in maintaining bone mineral metabolism of body.
- Calcium Deficiency in women makes entire matrix of the bone week, therefore keeping check of calcium in our diet can prevent women from osteoporosis in later ages after menopause. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, with over 99% of the amount present is being found in the bones and teeth. After the age of 35, both men and women start losing calcium from their bones. During menopause, however, the rate of loss increases rapidly for women. It also has a role to play in nerve function, blood clotting, muscle health, and other areas.
- Source of calcium
- Seeds-sesame ,sunflower , cheese
- Soya bean and their products
Learn to combine calcium rich food for proper absorption, food contain oxalic acid prevent ca absorption like spinach and lotus stem.
- Sources of protein: like fish, meat, Poultry, eggs are also important.
- Source of vitamin-D: Vitamin D can be obtained from sun exposure, food like eggs, mushrooms, orange and fish.
- Source of Phosphorus: Phosphorus is found in high amounts in protein rich foods such as milk and milk products and meat and alternatives, such as beans, lentils, nuts, Sunflower Seeds and Broccoli.
Common menstrual problems faced by women are cramps, pcod, menorrhagia, and amenorrhea.
Certain foods like caffeine, alcohol, caffeinated tea and high salt diets increases intensity of cramps. Include 'Ca' rich foods like broccoli, low fat yoghurt, high fiber diets and omega-3 rich foods to help you during your menstrual cycle.
Working women should Try to include energy booster snacks like nuts for mid meals and plan carbohydrate rich diets with more of complex carbs in form of roasted grains and cereals bars. Keeping a check on amount of water intake is also very important. Replace caffeinated drinks with herbal infusion and buttermilk for detoxification of the body.
Ultimately we have to overcome the fatigue, lethargy and all the clinical condition by planning our meals and having a well balanced diet for a healthy body.
Hi doc, my wife is having endometriosis (cysts) which results very chronic pain at time of periods. We were married in dec-2006, due to this decease we do not have any child also. In 2008 she had gone laproscopy but now the cysts are again formed. Is there any permanent solution of this decease. I have searched on net that some ayurvedic treatment can cure this permanently. Please help me.
I am 9 month pregnant k (due date 9 august) and my amniotic fluid level is bit less around 10.7 last month (June) I am taking Gyargin powder for increasing fuild level. (From last 7 days) and my baby weight is around 2.5 from last week to this week (my baby 's weight not increased in last week ). Is there any complication in delivery or these are normal and I can deliver my baby normally. I don't want to have c section. What are chances of my normal delivery. Other information Hemoglobin is 12.3 Pwd (IR) 19.7.
Meri mumy ka baccha dani nikalta hai. But eri mumy bhaut darti hai operation se so koi aise technique nai hai jisse binna operation ese nikala ja sake ya ese set kia ja sake. I also love my mother so much more den my life so please suggest me what i can I do in detail. She is 56 years old.
I am 27 years old fem Suffering frm pcod and thyroid I want to knw abt flaxseed shud you include them in my diet or nt thanks.
I'm a girl and my weight is approximately 41kg and my height is 4'9" is it perfect or not? if it is not than what should be my weight according to my height?
Hi, I am 24 years old. Me and my partner got close to each other but don't have sex on 7th aug. I got my period on 8th. It last for 5 days. Now this month I haven't got my period still. Is it possible that I can get pregnant even after getting my period one month before.
Still there are many misconceptions related to infertility and ivf. Here are some myths and facts.
Myth: infertility is primarily a female problem
Fact: both men and women may have infertility problems: about 15 percent of such cases are related to men, 40 percent to women and 30 percent to problems in both partners. Unidentified causes account for 15 percent of the cases.
Myth: alternative medicines can improve fertility
Fact: there is no scientific evidence to support this belief and using such types of medicines is a waste of time.
Myth: age is not a big factor in infertility
Fact: age has a direct correlation to women's egg quality and quantity. By the age of 35, the risk of infertility rises significantly as the woman's egg reserve starts declining after that age. Age 18 to 29 are the most fertile years of a woman's life.
Myth: ivf has a 100 percent success rate
Fact: success rate for ivf depends on a number of factors such as the woman's age, cause of infertility, the institution where the procedure is done and other biological and hormonal conditions. The process results in successful pregnancies in 40 to 50 percent cases. In three consecutive cycles, success rate goes up to 80 to 90 percent.
Myth: it is a painful procedure
Fact: multiple injections used in the treatment can cause discomfort but it isn't painful. The process of egg collection is done under general anaesthesia and the embryo transfer is a painless process.
Myth: babies born via ivf are at risk of birth defects and abnormalities
Fact: the chance of abnormality is slightly higher as compared to the babies conceived through sexual intercourse. Babies born via ivf are 1.3 times more likely to be born with birth defect.
Myth: ivf always results in" multiple pregnancy"; the woman will have twins or triplets
Fact: the chances of" multiple pregnancy" may be lessened by reducing the number of embryos transferred, especially in young women.
Myth: if the ivf process is unsuccessful, it is the end of the road for the couple trying to have a baby
Fact: there are many couples who have conceived naturally or with intrauterine insemination (iui) even after going through an unsuccessful ivf procedure.
Myth: ivf is too expensive
Fact: most ivf cycles cost from rs 1 to rs 1.3 lakh (including medicines) but the positive outcome of the process is more precious.