Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmadeviYour feedback matters!
I am a 27 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. In the month of December I got my periods on 4th dec, then on 6th january and then 12th February. For the month of march till date I didn't have periods. What are the chances of conceiving. Since last 10 days I am pain in my stomach like sane of the period pain. Also for the last three days I am having nausea feeling after every meal. What the chances and what should I do.
I had an intercourse for 6 days and in between I even took I-pill aftr 7th day suddenly I got my periods tht to before the date and now it's not stopping. Today is 12th day. please help me out.
I am 44 years old lady not yet conceive, trying but fail, please suggest medicines and other treatment for natural. For me and my husband.
To be continued.
Its been almost 2 year of my marriage but still I am not pregnant. So where I need to contact? I mean what kind of doctor?
Hi sir, my friend became pregnant so she didn't want to keep the child after a month she went to medical store and bought some tablets and there was 4 tablets and 2 tablet for eating and 2 is for pushing in the down side of his ovary. She did as he told after few hours she couldn't feel well and blood came out from her inside and 2 weeks have been that blood is still coming out so I asked her that what medicine you ate and she told me that medicine price was 80 rupees but she didn't she the name of medicine. Now she is very weak. She is 19 years old so what medicine she has to eat and is it side infection or what we don't know but if you say that what she has to do or eat and how to do then we will be happy sir. Thank you.
Hi. I have abortion on last month. Doctor told me to use Meprate Tablet. Can I know why should we use this tablet. Is There Any side Effects.
Married 24 years old. I have some itching problem in labia minor. There is papilla like projection onto it. They are not painful. Non irritating for micturition. What is the problem. Its also not due to fungal infection. My problem has gone 5 years. N non continuous. After 2 month or 4 month or 6 month I experience this problem..
Good Morning Doctors, It's been 1 month now and still my period didn't came, I had gone to the hospital for checkup, but the doctor is repeating his words, that it's due to hormonal changes, or then hormones problem, I know this is a natural process, if I hadn't done anything wrong like sex, why is my period is giving me problems? I'm worried, and my mom is actually taking doubt on me, I swear I didn't do anything. Is there any medication for regular periods. Please help, because already m suffering from loads of tensions, anxiety, due to tension my head pains a lot. Please help me.
I am having scanty periods from 2 years my uretus lining (5.1 mm) thin .I take novelon tablets for 2 months and now my doctor prescribed me to take prognova .are synthetic hormones are safe or they increase cancer risk? Can I increase estrogen levels naturally in safe way by any herbal medicine or food?
What if I take so much pain killers for period cramps? For eg I take 5 tablets during 1 cycle so is it harmful?
Summers are here and so is the summer collection plus the summer heat. Summers are the time when women are happy that they can at last wear their floral sundresses, wear shorts, spaghetti straps, and those who are planning to go to a foreign destination for their summer are probably sweating out at the gym to flaunt their perfect body in a bikini.
However, along with all the good things there are also bad things and so with being able to strut out of the door wearing the latest fashion, women are also worried about the damage by the sun is causing to precious, spotless and fair skin. Not to mentioned, about the skin rashes and the horrible sweat, which make us look disheveled and ugly
Therefore, summer brings good and bad and hence we have to learn to be happy with the good and accept the bad. So today, I am going to give you some splendid tips to deal with the heat this summer.
So let us start with the first thing and i.e. put on a good sunscreen before you leave the house, because the sun can do a lot of damage to your skin and I doubt you want that.
The second thing is that wear an antiperspirant cum deodorant, this will stop from wet patches forming on the armpits of your dress and your back, and it will also make you feel fresh and good.
It is good to wear loose cotton clothes during summer because it will give you free moment, it will be airy and you will feel comfortable wearing it, rather than feeling itchy and sweaty. Make sure that you wear cool colored clothes like blue, green, white, etc., always carry a hat with you to protect yourself from the direct rays of the sun.
Make sure you carry many wet wipes with you so that whenever you feel hot and sweaty you can wipe your face with that. In addition, carry your antiperspirant and deodorant to make sure that you don’t smell due to excessive sweating.
Drink a lot of water, and fruit juices. Heat can make your skin look dehydrated and lifeless and drinking a lot, of fluids will help to restore the beauty of your skin.
Hence, these are some of the tips, which you ought to follow to beat the heat this summer and enjoy a happy summer.
Post earthquake the biggest fear is cholera epidemic. One must learn lessons from the Haitri cholera epidemic where ten months after the largest urban disaster in modern history, a devastating 7.0-magnitude earthquake on January 12, 2010 that killed over 316,000 and affected 3 million, Haiti faced an outbreak of cholera.
By the end of 2011, the outbreak resulted in over 500,000 infections and 7,000 deaths. Cholera also spread to the Dominican Republic which by end of 2011 recorded over 21,000 cholera cases and 363 deaths. In the epidemic patient zero was identified as a 28-year-old Haitian who was exposed to cholera while bathing in, and drinking from, a river near the peacekeepers.
Ending the epidemic requires a concerted, multi-sectoral effort; reconstruction of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure; hygiene education and free access to cholera treatment.
Cholera is a bacterial disease that can cause diarrhea and dehydration. It spreads through the ingestion of contaminated food or drinking water.
Travelers should drink and use safe water. Bottled water with unbroken seals and canned/bottled carbonated beverages are safe. One should use safe water to brush teeth, wash and prepare food, and make ice. One should clean food preparation areas and kitchenware with soap and safe water and let dry completely before reuse. One should not use piped water, drinks sold in cups or bags, or ice. All drinking water and water used to make ice should be boiled or treated with chlorine.
Safe water can be prepared by boiling it for one minute or treating the water with chlorine purification tablets or household bleach.
One can add 8 drops of household bleach for every 1 gallon of water (or 2 drops of household bleach for every 1 liter of water) and wait 30 minutes before drinking.
One should always store your treated water in a clean, covered container.
Washing hands is the best bet. One should wash hands often with soap and safe water before eating food, before preparing prepare food, before feeding children, after using the latrine or toilet, after cleaning child?s bottom and after taking care of someone ill with diarrhea. If no soap is available one can scrub hands often with ash or sand and rinse with safe water.
One should use latrines or bury the feces. One should not defecate in open. One can use chemical toilets. One should clean latrines and surfaces contaminated with feces using a solution of 1 part household bleach to 9 parts water.
One should defecate at least 30 meters away from any body of water and then bury the feces. One should dig new latrines or temporary pit toilets at least a half-meter deep and at least 30 meters away from any body of water.
Regarding cooking food, one should cook food well (especially seafood), keep it covered, eat it hot, and peel fruits and vegetables.
Remember the formula, Boil it, cook it, peel it, or leave it.
Sea food precautions, be sure to cook shellfish (like crabs and crayfish) until they are very hot all the way through.
Wash children, diapers, and clothes at least 30 meters away from drinking water sources.
I am 20 years old and my mate is 19. We went through anal sex several times. But after the last time we went through, she missed her periods. She generally have regular periods. We are afraid that we are pregnant. Please help us.
I have irregular periods. I have been gone through a surgery for dermoid cyst three years ago for the right ovary. After that my menstrual cycle is not regular. Now it's almost three months .Please advice me on this.
My wife 40 week running pregnant Abi tak labour pain nai hua Dr. ko kal chaque up karwaya Dr. ne kaha baby niche nai khisak raha he Iske liye castor oil chai k sath pine ka kaha please tell me any more advice I am so worried.
Prevention of Recurrent Calcium Stones:
● Prevention of recurrent calcium stones (which are usually composed primarily of calcium oxalate) is aimed at decreasing the concentrations of the lithogenic factors (calcium and oxalate) and at increasing the concentrations of inhibitors of stone formation, such as citrate. Achieving these goals may require both dietary modification and the administration of appropriate medications. Metabolic evaluation at baseline and during follow-up will help guide the choice of the optimal preventive regimen.
● A variety of dietary modifications and drug therapies can reduce the likelihood of recurrence of calcium oxalate stones. From the viewpoint of diet, increasing the intake of fluid, dietary calcium, potassium and phytate and decreasing the intake of oxalate, animal protein, sucrose, fructose, sodium, supplemental calcium, and supplemental vitamin c may be beneficial.
● Among those with calcium oxalate stones, drug therapy is indicated if there is continued stone formation or if there is insufficient improvement in the urine chemistries despite attempted dietary modification over a three- to six-month period. The aim of therapy is to prevent further calcium oxalate precipitation. Since dissolution of already existing calcium stones does not occur, passage of an existing stone does not necessarily reflect a therapeutic failure in a patient known to have renal stones prior to the institution of therapy. Initial drug therapy varies with the metabolic abnormality that is present.
● The 24-hour urine is an essential component of the initial evaluation and guides recommendations for prevention. The response to dietary or drug therapy is monitored by repeat 24-hour urine collections. The goal of therapy is to reverse the abnormalities detected during the initial workup (eg, low urine volume, hypercalciuria, hypocitraturia, and hyperoxaluria). We routinely obtain a 24-hour urine collection at six to eight weeks after therapy has begun to assess the impact of the intervention. Another component of monitoring is periodic imaging. Limiting radiation exposure is important, as individuals with recurrent stones often have undergone multiple imaging procedures around the times of acute stone events.
Hello doctor. My father was diagnosed with ca prostate two years back. He was treated with hormone therapy and radiations. The hormone therapy is over now and he was advised to undergo a pet scan as a follow up. The report says that he has a 21x21 mm lump in the right lobe of the lung with positive feeding sign max suv 10. What does this mean? is this a case of metastasis in the lungs or a primary malignancy? please help. I am worried. And please throw some light on the treatment. Thanks.
For the past centuries, people have been using herbs for enhancing their libido and for enhancing their performance. Herbs are totally natural and cause no side effects and rejuvenate your body from within. Natural herbs are any day a better remedy for enhancing your sex life than artificial or chemical enhancers.
Here is a list of herbs, which help you with boosting your sex drive and improve your sex life:
- Cinnamon: This herb is being used as a love potion since Medieval times and is still in use. This herb is effective in warming, provides mild stimulation and improves the circulation of blood, which enhances your erection.
- Damiana: This herb is used in case of frigidity, erectile dysfunction, for treating premature ejaculation and testicular atrophy. The herb also provides relief to anxiety and increases the sensitivity of the nerves.
- Ginkgo: This effective herb helps in relaxation of blood vessels for better delivery of nutrients throughout the body. It improves vascular insufficiency and enables better blood flow to the penis, providing better erection.
- Maca: This herb enhances your energy and pumps you up for action. It also provides nutrition and rejuvenates the pituitary functioning. The body’s hormone production rate is enhanced. The herb is also used as a vaginal lubricant.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is another energy enhancing herb. It also boosts your stamina and provides a more intense adrenaline rush.
- Muira puama: This herb is of South American origin and is referred to as the potency wood. It enhances virility and enhances sexual debility. The herb also acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Oatstraw: This herb works as a nutrition provider and as a relaxant. It accounts for improving your sexual ability and performance in bed. The herb increases your libido and helps in cases of impotency. The nervous system is also nourished, which makes couples extra sensitive during sex.
- Schizandra: This herb accounts for increasing the lasting power for men during sex. It also cures depression and sexual debility.
- Tribulus terrestris: The function of this herb is to cure erectile dysfunction and cases of low sperm count. The sperm count is increased after having this herb.
- Vanilla: The herb's name is derived from a Latin word which means little vagina. The vanilla herb is an extremely effective sexual stimulation and helps in enhancing your overall sexual drive or longing to a great extent. This herb can be used in cooking food.
Herbs are the best choice of natural sexual enhancers and if you take the correct herb, you are sure to get effective results.