Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmadeviYour feedback matters!
Infertility is a medical condition in which the patient fails to conceive after one year of having unprotected sex. It is advisable that women who are above 35 years of age and often experience irregular menstrual cycles should consult a doctor on being unable to conceive within six months.
Is infertility a common issue?
Infertility has become a common problem for the new age women. Sedentary lifestyle and stress are believed to hamper the fertility of women nowadays. According to a report, about 6 percent women in US in the age group 15-44 years are infertile.
Infertility: It’s not just a woman’s problem
Infertility is not an issue with only women. Both, men and women can be infertile or are responsible for the condition. The process of reproduction requires mutual co-operation from both sexes. Therefore, they can together contribute towards infertility as well. It is wrong to blame the woman only. According to the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth data, it has been found that about 7.5 % men in the age group of 18-45 years (who have has sexual exposure) visited infertility clinics at least once in their lifetime. Of these men, about 18% were affected with male-related infertility issues.
Infertility in men: Men can suffer from infertility due to various factors. The infertility can be detected by analysis of the semen. A doctor can evaluate the concentration of the semen or determine the sperm count, the mobility of the sperm and its shape or morphology. These are important for fertility. Semen analysis can be hampered due to the following conditions:
1. Varioceles - The veins on the man’s testicles are unnaturally large and leads to overheating of the sperms
2. Diseases like diabetes, cystic fibrosis, trauma and infection.
3. Unhealthy lifestyle
4. Environmental toxins
Infertility in women: Women must have proper functioning of the reproductive organs to become fertile. The fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus must be physically and physiologically fit for getting pregnant. A woman may get infertile due to following reasons:
1. Irregular periods that suggests the woman is not ovulating properly.
2. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
3. Functional hypothalamic amenorrhea (FHA) or excessive physical or emotional stress causing missed periods
4. Diminished ovarian reserve (DOR) or inability of the ovary to produce sufficient eggs
5. Premature ovarian insufficiency: The ovary stops functioning properly before 40 years of age
6. Blocked, swollen or open fallopian tubes
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Its our first baby and its been 7 days of missed periods for her today we had our test and the result was positive is it correct to have sex at this time. Moreover we made the test from our pregnancy kit and two lines came in which the positive line was not so dark is it correct.
Meri wife 2 and half month Ki pregnant h. Use right ovary me cyst v h. Cystic SOL (4.4×4 cm) hai. Kuch dino se uske stomach me right side me bohot pain ho raha h. please help us?
My wife is 22 weeks pregnant. She observed mild white Discharge from urine area not vaginal area from last one week in morning only. There is no itching, no pain, no pain during urinating, no other symptoms. Is it normal during pregnancy? Thanks in advance.
There my gf have some stone like structure in the breast and its so painful we consult with the Dr. But they can't b treat with in a month.Now what should I do?
I am not happy with my wife in bed she don't support to me on bed She loves me also and she was virgin at 1st night what is the problem.
I am 22 years old. My delivery date is 7 th February. But now is 11th July. Till now I have no period. What can I do? Please give me suggestion.
N K CAP are ayuvedic propritory medicine each capsules contains S.Radis 50mg S carrots 400gm Aloe 50mg
My mother's age is 52 and she is nearing menopause. Her periods stopped. She is complaining of severe vaginal dryness. What ointment or tablet can I use. She is hypertensive and on treatment. She also had thyroidectomy for papillary ca last year and on thyroxine.
I am 24 year old girl. I was on Diane 35 pill. I am not sure about PCOD. I stopped taking Diane 35 and now suddenly sebum production has increased a lot. I have pigmentation around my chin and I even got light black spots all over my body. What does all this possibly mean?
I am 47 yrs male suffering from chlamydia since 8months, symptoms where burning while urinating, had azithral 250mg courses done properly under md (skin vd) physician supervision several times, had done urine routine and culture test, rourine test normal culture showed e coli, having report suspect culture done again from another lab showdetails normal, Dr. Firm on chlamydia. Now burning during urinating symptoms totally have gone, but now inflammation and burning sensation in feet and outer anal area, discomfort in lower abdomen and sides developed since last 2 months, Dr. Suspected of low grade prostatitis and again continued azithral for 8 days, later inflammation burning in feet and anal area, abdominal and side pains stopped, but now after 1 month only inflammation burning sensation in feet and outer anal area has occurred and Dr. Continued azithral 250 for 8 days but symptoms didn't go. Dr. Suggested now theirs no chlamydia problem and suspected there may be nerve problems and seek md (med) physician opinion or go for vitamin b1 b6 b12 tab or injections, meanwhile I seeked 2nd opinion of another md (skin vd), his opinion was there is no chlamydia or nerve problems but these symptoms are of stress and prescribed anti depressant tab fludac 20 for 1 month but I haven't started yet. What should I go for. Or can be these due to e coli. Confused. Please help and suggest. Thanks.
Hi, I wanna know the best nutrition diet for a 6 months pregnant girl. Is banana and milk is good for health if it is taken as a breakfast? Baby growth is normal. And I have no allergy. Sometimes I do vomit. and I have back pain and stomach pain also.
We are unable to conceive a baby and recently she has done torch 10 test and got the result positive and doctor has told us to go for 6 months treatment and think about child in this period. Kindly help us torch 10 positive is good sign or bad.
I am 21 yr old female and I had unprotected intercourse on 25th september that is on 5 th day of my cycle but I took pills on the next day itself. I experienced irregular bleeding on 3, 4, 5 th of October n I again had sex on 5 th itself but this time condom was used. Now it is 2 November that is 12 days of missed periods n I conducted 2 urine pregnancy tests which were both negative. Please guide me whether I am pregnant or not n if not when will my periods start?
Hello. I am 30 years old female unmarried I was 54 and now I am 63 I hv gained weight in just 2 yrs. I wanna shed at least 5 kgs please suggest me what to do. thanks.
I had unprotected sex last night and it was my first day of period. The guy came inside me, so it is possible to get pregnant? Shall I take a contraceptive? But the thing is that if I take the pill I get the side effects of it and get my periods after 5 days and I took the contraceptive on 24th December 2016 What shall I do? And what are the chances of getting pregnant in a case like this?
Is there any fixed date for sex. For helping in positive pregnancy. I'm trying from last 8 months but not getting positive result.
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.