Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma ShesadriYour feedback matters!
My daughter - 17 year old has been diagnosed to suffer from PCOS. Her menstrual cycles are very irregular (once in 4 / 5 months) and she is slightly overweight as well. Please suggest lifestyle changes / diet to improve the condition.
I heard that abstinence / lack of orgasm can lead to hormonal imbalances (overproduction of estrogens etc.), that can cause various health problems (breast nodules, cysts, fibroma etc.). Is this accurate, or just a myth? I also read on internet that oxytocin is a wonder for breast health. Women who not have sexual activity or doesn't masturbate have a higher risk for breast cancer, because oxytocin inhibits cancerous cells. It is true? I am asexual and I have 40 years old and I am a virgin.
Hi. My friend got married recently. On December fourth. Her last menstrual cycle was on fifteen of November. She is yet to get her periods. Wat are the chances of pregnancy. Her cycle is usually 28.
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegel: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegel: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 42 years old. My periods start again after 10 days of regular period. But only 2 drops of spot not more bleedings. Pl.suggest.
Hello doctor this is jansi 19 years old and my periods were not regular from 5 months onwards my periods did not got last month periods got but only very less bleed I did not done any mistake and I am unmarried but also checked HCG test it is negative so tell doctor please what to do why I did not got for 5 month what It would may be there is any problem will be ha.
I am 28 years old female I have polycytric ovaries & i have put over weight how can I reduce my weight with the help of diet i am married and have one son.
Can the strength of a women who has undergone a hysterectomy be the same as a women having uterus? If yes. Why and how?
I have my periods in the month of april 29-15 I did not get till one of the doctor suggested in online that to do urine test. I have done it but it was negative result. What would be the reason please say any solution for my problem thankyou.
Help me, my wife is suffering with pain because of monthly period suggest me a medicine which help her without harm her in futures.
Melon- Water Bells of summer
Melon is a Category of Fruits with a maximum water content approximately 80-90%.
Melons are gifted by nature into different colours like Musk Melon is golden yellow / orange. Water Melon is red giving ample amount of antioxidant in it making it a very healthy choice as it would protect you from damage caused by free radicals (External agent) in your body, thus improving immunity.
It is the richest source of Iron giving you about 7 mg / 100 grams of watermelon, i.e. 7% of Iron.
Your body needs Vitamin A to produce sebum, which keeps your hair moisturized. You also need Vitamin A for your body tissues (like skin) to grow. Watermelon has Vitamin A, so eat this fruit for attractive skin and hair.
One should also use the outer coat of watermelon which is green as it is very fibrous - can be consumed as a vegetable.
Melon seeds are rich in essential fatty acids like omega-3. Try having the seeds of watermelon with fruits. Musk Melon seeds can be consumed by washing, drying, peeling the outer coat.
These seeds are wonder food for the Brain.
A bowl full of Melon a day in summer keeps Dehydration at Bay.
I am not getting my periods since one month. My last menses date was 28th july I done pregnancy test using pregnancy toolkit like (preganews, velocity,and I can) 0n 20th august. And all the three kits indicated result negative only. But after two days I am suffering from "tonsils" fever and headache This is second time that I got "tonsils" Can you please say that all this signs indicate that I am pregnant please answer me. How can I get periods plzzz say me I am worried about this.
We're living together, her periods got complete June 26, and now we made sex without condom on July 15th, and I didn't ejaculate inside her, if her periods starts again this month by July 20 to 30, can we be sure that she's not pregnant? Please advise.
Salt salt salt. Table, rock or sea which is the best.
It's like asking mirror mirror on the wall who is the best among all.
Table salt, sea salt, and rock salt are all the same thing: sodium chloride. And they all have the same sodium content (40%). The differences are primarily in texture and taste.
Table salt is made from rock salt harvested from inland deposits (with iodine sometimes added as an extra nutrient). Rock salt is made from similar sources, but it's usually additive-free and has a coarser texture. Sea salt, as its name suggests, is harvested from evaporated seawater.
The unrefined version i.e. Rock salt and sea salt has more minerals compared to table salt as during the refining process table salt loses calcium, potassium, etc.
Consequently, it has a slightly different flavor. In the end, though, they all contribute equally to your total sodium consumption.
Just remember whichever salt you are planning to use. The "amount" you use is of utmost importance. Too much of any of them will have a negative effect on your health.
The tadpole endoscope stands out from existing wireless capsule endoscopes with its addition of a soft tail that allows it to be guided around the stomach remotely by a doctor, allowing for more comprehensive imaging and accurate location of problems within the body.
Cancers of the gastrointestinal (gi) tract, including esophagus cancer, stomach cancer and colon cancer, rank as the second most prevalent among all types of cancers in the world.
Three procedures are required for the traditional method of diagnosing cancers in the gi tract: esophagus cancer and stomach cancer can be diagnosed using gastroscopy; intestinal cancer can be diagnosed using capsule endoscopy; and colorectal cancer can be diagnosed using colonoscopy. All of these diagnostic procedures are expensive and put a lot of stress on the human body.
Created by engineers from the institute of precision engineering at the chinese university of hong kong, the te attempts to improve these existing methods by offering a reliable, non-invasive diagnosis procedure for the gi tract.
The process will work by the patient going to the hospital and swallowing the te which starts working immediately. Once the te is in the stomach, the doctor can control the te to swim around to gather images. By adjusting the posture of the patient, the doctor can view the whole stomach.
The te will then move into the lower gi tract depending on natural peristalsis. The patient can then be sent home wearing a sensor pad to record these images which the doctor can subsequently use to make a diagnosis.
So far, the te has been tested in a stomach model and a pig stomach without the image system. The authors hope that the viability of the propulsion model will take one step closer to the next stage of experiments before the device can be used in a working medical context. The research was published in the journal hkie transactions.