Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uma ShesadriYour feedback matters!
The uterus is a muscular structure held in place inside your pelvis with the help of muscles, ligaments, and tissues. These muscles weaken in women due to pregnancy, childbirth or delivery complications and can lead to severe complications. One such complication is a uterine prolapse. Uterine prolapse occurs when the uterus sags or slips from its normal position into the vaginal canal.
The causes of uterine prolapse are varied and include:
- Delivering a large baby
- Difficulty in labor and delivery
- Reduction in estrogen levels post menopause
- Traumatic childbirth
- Loss or weakening of the pelvic muscle
- Conditions which lead to increased pressure in the abdominal area such as a chronic cough, straining, pelvic tumors or accumulation of fluid in the abdomen
- Loss of external support due to major surgery in pelvic area
Uterine prolapse can be complete or incomplete depending on how far the uterus sags into the vagina. Women who have minor uterine prolapse may not have any visible symptoms. However, if the condition worsens, it manifests itself in visible signs.
Symptoms of moderate or severe prolapse are:
1. A feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis when you sit
2. Seeing the uterus or cervix coming out of the vagina
3. Vaginal bleeding or increased discharge
4. Painful sexual intercourse
5. Recurrent bladder infections
6. Continuing back pain with difficulty in walking, urinating and moving your bowels
Without proper attention, the condition can cause impairments in the bowel, and can also affect bladder and sexual function.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Related Tip: "Non-Surgical Treatment For Sciatica"
A friend of mine is kinda worried and we being very good friends shared her problem with me. She is 18 1/2 and was in contact with her boyfriend. But they didn't actually did the sex thing (he didn't inserted his penis in to her vagina. Its was about 2 months before and she still didn't got her periods yet.(her periods are normally irregular about 1 and 1/2 month but not this much. She had done home pregnancy test abt 6 weeks after they were in contact. It turned negative. She is showing some symptoms like increased urination n vaginal discharge from last 2 days. She was even on antibiotics for allergic purposes for about 2 weeks, during her expected date of periods. She is all confused and depressed about this condition and don't know whether she got pregnant (they were too close. He inserted his finger in to her vagina. is there any chances of sperms travelling this way) and they met after her last day of last period. Since then its 2 months now she is not getting her periods yet. please help. I am kinda worried for her.
My spouse was pregnant. She was in 8th month. Now urine test shows" urine albumin +" how to reduce to normal level and what is the correct healthy food or fruits taken now.
We been trying to conceive since a year and half. I have pcos, the wrong calculation of days for follicular study led to late ovulation. Now that I have changed my doctor my periods are regular but its been 6 months, done two iui but both failed. Please let me know what can be done for early conception.
Does home pregnancy tests are accurate at 9 weeks of intercourse. Does the kit get overloaded. I had used preganews. It shows negative.
My wife have missed menstrual period her date was 18 th Feb.On doing pregnancy test at home its found positive. Today on consulting Drs & doing ultrasound its found that Sac is of 7 mm <5 week but no Embryonic node. Is there no chance of pregnancy?
Hi, I had an Unprotected sex with my girl friend on 25th Jan and her periods were on 20 Jan. While sex I masturbated inside her pussy. Please tell whether if she will be pregnant or not?
Hi Doc. I got some white fluid sometimes. Is that normal or some problem. Also want to understand why it happens. Does it cause any infection? Please suggest some alternative if it is a problem.
I got married 1 year back. During sex she tells me she's feeling to urinate and immediately after sex she wanted to go to toilet without waiting and she tells me it all comes out during urination Till now there are no signs of pregnancy Whether we should wait for few minutes after sex for sperm to enter inside? Please help me.
If there is breast cancer lump you have in your breast can this affects your all body if it's not increased in size?
I started my periods on 18 aug and ended on 20 aug and I had unprotected sex on 21 and 22 but my husband didn't ejaculated inside me. Is there a risk of getting pregnant. .should I go fr contraception..
My wife is seven weeks pregnant and we went for our first scan today. They said that the heart beat and growth is normal. But they said that there is slight internal bleeding inside the uterus and they advised to take hormonal injection twice a week. Is there anything to be worried of or is this normal?
High protein food
It is high #protein and low-fat diet which helps in nourishing the muscles and #provide better growth and development to the body as well as supports in maintaining healthy body weight and aids #weight loss.
Contains polyunsaturated fats
It contains 2 to 3 times more polyunsaturated fats ( the good type of fat) than the red meat thus helps in managing weight.
Benefits of #chicken for brain
It acts as a good natural anti-depressant due to the presence of high level of tryptophan, which is an amino acid having mind relaxing property and provides comfort feeling if eaten a big bowl of mom's chicken soup.
It increases the serotonin level in the brain of a person feeling depressed, enhances mood level and blasts out the stress by stimulating sleep.
It contains vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid) which has a calming effect on the nerves thus reduces the stress level.
Prevents dangerous brain diseases
Niacin and selenium (antioxidant-rich nutrients) found in it prevents from the dangerous brain disease called alzheimer's disease.
Benefits of chicken for bone and teeth
Prevents bone loss
It helps in preventing bone loss among senior citizens people. It prevents from the old age bone problems like osteoporosis and arthritis. Adding chicken to the diet helps in fighting with bone loss as it is protein packed diet.
Contains essential minerals
It contains a high level of phosphorus and calcium which are essential minerals required for the normal growth and development of the teeth and bones.