Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Uma RYour feedback matters!
Describe briefly about how we get healthy baby in one's married life without failure in their first attempt?
I am having irregular periods since 2 months last month took crime ncr to get my periods. What is tge reason.
I have been passing hard stool since last 3-4 days that is causing stretching n pain in anus. I had c section delivery a month ago. please suggest any medicine.
Hi mam I want to know the main cause of pcos and what exactly happens to the organs of the body in this disease.
Hello doc I want to know it is easy for us to penetrate a vagina but can we penetrate the urethra and if we can what will be the complications and result.
Hello doctor. I am 36 weeks pregnant. My due date is 5 sep 2016. My baby is drop down to the main point. And moment of my baby is slow down as before. Can you tell me when will my baby born?
I am married 30 years old women, my ovaries are very small in size and not having periods without medicine I am taking'ovral l' every month for periods. My uterus and both kidneys are normal in size, so is there and process for me to get pregnant?
I have PCOD and hormonal imbalance and I got married last 6 months. Still I didn't get pregnant. Suggest what shld I do?
For the past three days I've been suffering from severe pain in my right breast. I consulted a gynec and she checked and told me to go for ultrasound breast, meanwhile she gave me taxim 200 10tabs and told me to take them twice daily. I got the ultrasound done. The doctor who did the ultrasound told me that there are no lumps. I feel extreme pain. And I can feel some nodes that cause real pain. Can't even touch that swollen nodes part. Can anyone pls help me out. The reason and everything about this.
1. First, acknowledge your fear. This is a huge first step. If you do just this today, you’ve done something great. Many of us have these fears, but they are at the back of our mind, unnoticed, unacknowledged, as we try to ignore them and pretend they’re not there. But they are there. And they affect us. So acknowledge the fear.
2. Write it down. What’s your fear? Write it on a piece of paper. Writing it down takes the fear from the dark lurking places in the back of your mind, where it has power over you, out into the light of day, where you have power over the fear.
3. Feel the fear. Recognize that you’re not alone, that we ALL have these fears. There’s nothing wrong with having this fear. Allow yourself to feel it. It’s a part of you, but it doesn’t control you. Remember you can “feel the fear and do it anyway.”
4. Ask yourself: what’s the worst thing that can happen? Often it’s not as bad as we think. Do you fear being rejected by someone? What would happen if you were? You’d lick your wounds, you’d find someone else, and you’d go on living.
5. Just do it. To beat the fear, you have to just do it. Ignore your fears and just go for it!
6. Be in the moment. Fear of failure (and other similar fears) are fears of the future. We get caught up in worrying about what might happen. When you find yourself thinking about the past or future, bring yourself back in the moment and focus on what you’re doing right at this moment.
7. Small steps. Start small. Do something you know you can do. Allow yourself to feel good about that - and then take another small baby step. Keep doing this …
8. Celebrate every success! Make a note of every single thing you do right, even the smallest little thing. Use this feeling of success to propel yourself forward and take the next step. Then keep building on each previous success ….
Hi. Doctor, I am 23 years old got married one week ago. We both want to have an intercourse but I am afraid of if there will be any pain and heavy bleeding for first sexual intercourse. I am tensed and nervous. About it. Also we do not want baby now. Is it necessary that this will happen (extreme pain and heavy bleeding)?
Scratching a mosquito bite is your body’s response to the saliva that the female mosquito leaves behind after sucking your blood. Itching a mosquito bite inflames and irritates the skin further, causing your immune system to try even harder to fight off the foreign substance (mosquito saliva). This, consequently, results in more inflammation, and an itchy bump that refuses to go away.
Excessive scratching should be avoided as it can cause your skin to break and leave behind a scar called dermatofibroma. This small ball-shaped scar mark can appear wherever the mosquito bites. You can also end up with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is basically a brown spot that appears on your skin when you scratch a lot. Further, scratching a mosquito bite can also lead to infection as bacteria from under your fingernails get injected into the bite, thereby infecting it.
Instead of scratching the mosquito bite, here are 2 ways to get respite from the itch, while avoiding the damage that it can cause to your skin.
1. Rub it with lemon
Lemon (or lime) contains citric acid, which has itch relieving properties. The next time a mosquito bites you, cut up a lemon into pieces and rub a piece gently on the affected area. You can even squirt some lemon juice on the bite to relieve itching.
2. Apply vaporub on the itchy area
Rubbing vaporub on your skin is another way to stop the itch. It contains ingredients like peppermint, eucalyptus oil or menthol, which possess itch-relieving properties. Moreover, the scent of a vaporub can be helpful in keeping mosquitoes away, consequently preventing mosquito bites.
The next time you feel the need to scratch a mosquito bite, don’t do so; instead try the above two alternatives for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi sir, We having sex in her periods, is there any chance to get pregnant my wife. Kya periods ke doran sex krne se lady pregnant ho sakti hai kya.
Hello Dr. after 2 month of dnc my periods are two times in a month and I m anemic and also suffering from back pain kindly suggest me health tips and when I take iron pill like dexorange I m suffer from constipation what should I do Dr. pls help. Thanks.
I'm 21 years old, unmarried,never had sex, my periods are delayed for 18 days from normal mensuration cycle. Which medicine should I take to get the period and regularise my cycle.
I am 22, I have irregularity in periods most of the time. Even now also 2 months gone wasted as result no periods. I have facial hairs below my chin. Where is the problem I dont understand that.
Lucid dreaming is any dream where you’re aware that what you’re experiencing is a dream. It takes place during your REM sleep (a sleep state that is characterised by random and quick eye movements alongside muscle paralysis). A study conducted on lucid dreaming shows that this form of dreaming comes with an increased activity in those areas of the brain that are, in general, dormant during sleep.
There are quite a few techniques of lucid dreaming. One of the ways is to maintain a dream journal, where you write down the dream you’ve had just after waking up. This trains your brain to remember your dreams so that you can consciously enter into a state of dreaming.
Lucid dreaming has impressive health benefits you’d be surprised to know about.
1. Develops your memory
Both lucid sleep and dreaming enable you to reinforce everything you may have learned when you were awake. They also enable you to consciously select the things that you want to remember.
While sleep, in general, is responsible for solidifying the memories that you create when you’re awake, dreams, in particular, are responsible for solidifying your episodic memory. Standing for the memory of your personal experiences of a particular place and time, episodic memory performs the function of a muscle memory (memory that is concerned with the development of motor skills) and helps you to learn new skills, while perfecting the skills you already have.
3. Helps in improving your game
In this context, lucid dreaming can significantly improve your gaming skills as you get the chance to practice them in the dream world. A study shows that the neurons that get activated when you dream of scoring a goal is the same as those when you’re scoring the goal in the real world. So, the visualisation of the act of scoring enables you to improve your performance in the real world.
3. Helps in overcoming anxiety
Being in a lucid dream gives you the opportunity to practice any number of terrifying scenarios, so that you can make changes as and when you want to in order to overcome anxiety.
Representing a state between being wakeful and in a REM sleep, lucid dreaming offers you with the possibility to push your boundaries where you can be anyone and do anything. It can be a good stress relieving mechanism.
4. It improves your sleep
One of the biggest benefits of lucid dreaming is that it augments your overall sleep quality by making you more aware of your dreams, and subsequently of your sleep. Awareness is an important factor for getting sound sleep since it helps in experiencing true relaxation. The outcome is you end up feeling more rested and refreshed. Gaining control over your dreams can also help in reducing nightmares, thereby improving your sleep.
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.