Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Maheshwari
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I am 67 year old and had a pain in my knees very badly for last 3 months .I take medicine that my doctor prescribe me but I didn't have any relief.
Dr, I am getting pain in the end point Of hand and leg fingers, as well as all fingers joints why it's happen, what's reason.
She was delivered 9 months back and her feet and below feet is fully cracked and pain ful for her she does every work of kitchen and she often cleans utensils staying in water so her feet is getting worst day by day please suggest any solution for her problem.
I'm 25 years old and I'm suffering for back pain and too much fat is there any natural therapies for back pain and fat really it's so paining.
Hello, I am 42 years old I have sciatica pain in my right leg therefore I can't do exercise I gaining weight since 2 years I want to loose weight I tried every thing like diet medicine exercise but result is zero can you help me for reduce weight.
Hello hi I am sundar rao I am suffering from backache I have used many ointments from last 2 weeks but no result now what should I do ow.
Hand pain is a common problem, and there is scarcely any individual who has not suffered from it. The advancement of medical science has progressed to such an extent that one cannot name an ailment which cannot be managed or treated. But for that, it is very crucial to determine the causes of the problem, and hand pain is no exception to this problem.
Different forms of arthritis along with its related conditions affecting the bones, muscles, and joints can lead to issues such as numbness, stiffness, pain, and inflammation in the wrist, fingers, and hand. Here are some of the most common disease-related cause that can pave the way for pain in wrists and hands.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: This condition arises when the nerve running from the forearm into the hand called the median nerve becomes compressed in the carpal tunnel in the wrist. This nerve is in charge of supplying sense to the palm and thumb side. When it gets compressed, the affected individual may experience pain and weakness in the hand which radiates towards the upper arm.
- Osteoporosis: When the bones start losing mass, they become brittle and prone to breaking even in the slightest trauma. The wrist bones are the most susceptible ones when it comes to fracture arising from osteoporosis. This condition is more commonly seen among aged people who are also suffering from an inflammatory disease like rheumatoid arthritis, lack of physical activity and low-calcium diet.
- Scleroderma: It stands as an umbrella term depicting the abnormal growth of connective tissue that supports the skin and internal organs. There are different forms of scleroderma, and all of them lead to the hardening, tightening and thickening of the skin covering the fingers known as sclerodactyly.
- Ganglion cysts: These refer to the cysts which are formed next to the tendons or joints in the wrists and hands. The most common location of this problem is at the base of the fingers, joints that are positioned closest to the nail, palm side of the wrist and top of the wrist. It can occur among people of any age, and they tend to come and go without any apparent reason.
- Gout: This is one of the most common forms of arthritis which was believed to affect the big toe only in the past years. But in recent years, it is seen to affect hands and other joints in the body as well. If left untreated, it may lead to lumps of uric acid underneath the skin of hands.
Different types of arthritis: There are various forms of arthritis right from psoriatic arthritis to rheumatoid arthritis to juvenile arthritis to reactive arthritis that may cause pain in hand.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!