Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
My sister is 15 years age and she has suffering from backpain after a long time. But when she was in 7years old she got current shock in her left hand. We went so many hospitals in village it is same now, what should we do for backpain?
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
I am 43 year old & suffering from light backache since an year. Back becoming stiff. Some times even I cant bend my back. What I have to do ?
Dear sir I have problem with my back. I cant sit or stand regurally about 2 or more hours. If I do this, my back start paining hard. Please suggeat me.
I have pain in my back. I took many medicines but it didn't work. Please suggest me proper medicine.
Sir, basically I am cardiology patients, done angioplasty, and regularly taking tab- efiplat 10, astoor 10, nebicard2.5 &nexpro 20 for (emty stomac morning) in addition to this I ahve problem of disc prolaps l5, si, due to which I have lumpiness over both legs. Recently I had problem of prostate enlarge bph grade 1, due to which urination was difficult. Upon consultation with urologist urivoid-20, twice a day &afidura tab 0-0-1, lessix 0-1-0 is taking, also I am antral gastritis patient, usually I take veg, however occasionally takes chicken too. My problem is I have swelling over both legs (swelling covers angles, foot,) after taking food or water swelling increase, also stomach gets upset, hence feel fatigue. This discomforts I am facing since march 2015. Please advise what is the reason for swelling? and why my legs are getting lumpiness and pain, also abdominal difficulties? request you to advise,
Lower back pain is characterized by a constant feeling of pain in the lower back region. There are various Ayurvedic remedies that are used in treating lower back pain. Ayurveda is based on the belief that the body is composed of five elements; air, water, ether, fire and earth. The Ayurvedic remedies help in balancing the various constituents, thus reducing the pain.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for lower back pain are:
- Limit intake of spices: Various spices, especially the pungent ones, such as chilies tend to have a drying effect on the body. Excessive dryness in the body leads to an imbalance of the 'doshas', thus resulting in pain.
- Stay warm: It is recommended to stay warm in cold weather as the joints in the lower back region may be inflamed due to the cold.
- Focus on a proper Diet: Make sure the foods you consume are warm as cold foods can create imbalances in the body. Eating warm foods allows for proper excretion of bodily wastes. Also include natural foods such as vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Avoid junk food: It is advised to avoid junk food at all costs; eating processed foods leads to toxin accumulation in the body that result in various complications. Thus, try and eat whole foods such as rice, nuts and legumes.
- Oil massage: Oiling your body with sesame oil helps in preventing dryness of the body and also enhances blood circulation. It also improves the health of the skin; making it young, supple and fresh.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise on a regular basis to keep your muscles and joints healthy. Postures such as the plank and the bridge help in strengthening various muscles of the lower back. The 'Cat cow' is another position that helps in relaxing the nerves of the back.
- Pranayama: Alternate nostril breathing techniques help in reducing aches in the body. It also revitalizes and increases energy levels in the body. Try and get into the habit of breathing from deep within the stomach in order to avail of the benefits of pranayama.