Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I have always regular period in every month my last periods dt is on 1 st march bt till now I am nt getting my period. I am doing a home pregnancy test bt I think it shows negative because the c section is shows dark purple line bt t section shows a very light purple line. I am taking ovashield medicine last month. Is there any chance that I am pregnant or due to dis medicine I am not getting my period till now.
Herpes simplex virus is a viral infection of the genitals. This disorder can also occur in the mouth, characterized by the formation of fever, blisters and cold sores. The disorder occurs when the body is infected by the Herpes Simplex Virus.
Herpes is caused by a contagious virus called the ‘Herpes Simplex Virus’. This virus spreads through direct contact with an infected person. A child may also contract the disease from an already infected adult. This infection may also spread via media such as sharing utensils, kissing or sharing toiletries. Sexual contact with an infected person is one of the primary ways to contract genital herpes. The risk factors for this disorder are –
Multiple sex partners.
Gender: Women are more prone to developing Genital Herpes.
Weak immune system.
If you are affected by a sexually transmitted infection.
In case of genital herpes, sores form on the genitals. Symptoms include difficulty in passing urine, headaches, fever, fatigue and a lack of appetite. Pain in the eyes and watery discharge from the eyes will be common symptoms if the infection spreads to the eyes.
There is no cure for this disorder. The aim of the treatment is to manage the symptoms and prevent it from spreading. The sores need not necessarily be medically catered to. Certain medications such as ‘acyclovir’ and ‘valacyclovir’ are prescribed to reduce the severity of the symptoms.
Once infected with the virus, it might remain in the body in a dormant state till a long time, in some cases, even a lifetime. However, symptoms might not show up. Factors such as stress and excessive sun exposure can lead to reactivation of the virus. Over time, the intensity of the symptoms tend to come down as the body adapts itself to the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Hello Doctor we have been trying for a baby from the past 9-10 months and I have got to know that mine is a case of secondary infertility as I now have developed Azoospermia in me. We have a 6 years old daughter during which we didn't face any such problem at all it all happened normal way. I have so far gone through various tests like Hormone tests, Ultrasound of my Testis etc and all the tests are clear apart from Grade 1 Varicocele which according to doctor is negligible. My doctor has suggested me to go through Testicular Biopsy since after multiple samples my sperm count has remained Zero so somehow sperms are either not getting produced or some obstruction is happening. Please suggest if Biopsy will do the job here as another doctor has suggested that only Biopsy will not be helpful I need a doctor who has a whole team like endrlogist who takes the sample, analyze it then and there and if possible freeze the sperm if they are present in tissue. It seems like the other doctor is asking me to follow an IVF route so please suggest which one would be better and systematic approach.
I am 30 years old I got married 2.5 years ago I have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months but resulted in negative I got all my tests done and the tests showed that I have pcos. My cycle is regular and my doctor has prescribed normoz for three months. Do you think will it help me conceive.
Doctor I have been diagnosed with mild pcos Two months ago. We are trying for a baby since one year but all in vain. My doctor prescribed me normoz and fol123. I have no idea about whether I am ovulating or not. Gone through hsg also and it was normal. Please tell when will I get pregnant.
My wife has one month pregnancy but we do not want child because we have already two children. I want to know about MTP.
Hello Mam, My preg confirmed on aug 28th (4weeks) Only ges sac and yolk sac identified On sep4th new guy missed me for sex On sep 11th (6 week) fetal pole imaged heart 117 On oct 16 (11 week) On dec 18 (20week) March 7 (33 week) Pls let me know is there any possibilities new sperm can enter into the early ges sac or like fraternal twins one more egg comes and sperm can catch that my old got disappear after 6weeks new started to form n grow fast im confused. Pls advise. Because after 6 weeks I took scan on week 11 and so far only one baby im carrying. On week 7 and 8 while put hcg injection I got light bleeding.
Is it wrong to eat raw rice? will it affect pregnancy? or results in any other serious problems. Kindly advise.
Carom (ajwain) is a crucial herb that is found in all Indian kitchens and is used primarily as a taste enhancer. Carom has numerous medicinal properties that make it beneficial for maintaining a good condition of your health. Dietary regime that utilizes carom on a regular basis can derive a lot of health benefits in the long term.
The following are some of the benefits of carom:
- Acidity- Carom has anti-acidity properties that can prove beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of acidity and enables you to control your problem your acidity effectively. A solution made from a pinch of salt, carom and lukewarm water, when consumed every morning or post meal on a regular basis, works wonders.
- Asthma- The smoke of carom seeds act as a bronchodilator that is effective in easing the breathing pattern. If an asthma patient utilizes the mixture of carom seeds and jaggery twice daily on a regular basis, it will provide considerable relief from the discomforts that are associated with asthma.
- Diabetes- Carom has medicinal properties that aid you to control your blood sugar level. Consumption of a solution made from a tsp of neem powder, half tsp of cumin powder, carom seeds and a glass of hot milk on a regular basis can help you manage your blood sugar.
- Cold and migraine- Carom can be utilized for the treatment of recurrent and persistent cough and cold. Inhalation of grounded carom seeds is effective in providing relief from constant headache, cold and migraine.
- Stomach problems- Carom seeds have mild alcoholic properties that can be utilized to treat the problem of stomach pain and indigestion. A mixture of carom seed and salt when consumed with a sip of water is effective in providing relief from the symptoms of indigestion and stomachache.
- Menstrual cramps- Application of carom seed oil can help you achieve speedy relief from the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The seeds of carom act as an effective nerve tonic and reduce the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Sperm count- Carom seeds are effective in increasing sperm count and can also be utilized to treat sexual dysfunctions. Roast a mixture of tamarind kernel, carom seeds and clarified butter; add a tsp of the mixture and honey to a glass of milk and consume it on a regular basis prior to sleep to achieve speedy results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello me 5 months 12 days se pregnant hu. 1 month se mujhe kamar me dard hota hai raat ko 11 or 12 baje ke baad. Din me koi problem nahi hai. To kya yeh normal hai ya koi problem ki nishaani.
Dear doctor. I like only vagina sucking except anal sex. How I will do vagina sucking safe and secure for fun.
Hi Doc, Good Morning. My height is 5'and weight is 58. My periods are regular means after 28 days of cycle but it continue only for 2 days for 3rd day I do not have much flow. Please suggest me the solution where the flow of blood for at least 3 day.
I am 32 years old female and having very heavy bleeding during menstural periods, I have already taken savista medicine with doctor consult but no of use. Kindly suggest me permanent cure.
Last month on 4th feb 2017 my periods ended. I had sex on 7th feb 2017. I took i-pill within 6 hrs after sex. I got a bleeding of dark brown or black color on 17th feb 2017. It continued for 2-3 days. I have not got periods till today. Its been more than a month.& there are no signs of pregnancy also. What should I do now? Please help.
Will it be any reason for woman not getting pregnant after sex suddenly going to bathroom to clean up their private part?
To be continued.