Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I was operated for koch's spine (T8-T10) with paraplegia 6 months ago still unable to lift my back or able to sit but slight improvement in legs movements whom should I consult for second opinion or can also suggest good rehab centre.
What is the range of difference in reading of blood sugar taken at home on glucometer and in the lab?
Hello Doctor! My Ivf donor egg process has been delayed as I was hospitalised for High bp and typhoid. I discontinued tablet oral g for 5 days then I got my periods on 10th June. I got my periods soon after stopping tablet. Before 10th June I had my periods on 25th may. Now when will I get my periods. Are there chances to conceive naturally in this cycle. I was going for Ivf as my amh count was low. Will my next periods come on time or I need some medicines. Pls reply.
Hello sir I am having ringworm problem which spread over my hands my legs also someone said it is fungal infection so you have to consult a doctor please help me.
A number of digestion related problems plague people from time to time. Diarrhea or loose motions remains one of the most debilitating problem in this regard, with other conditions like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome and colitis, Crohn’s Disease and others like pain, discomfort and related issues. If your daily schedule is hampered by constant trips to the bathroom and your eating habits show poor nutritional choices and a lack of appetite, then it may be time to do something about these digestive problems.
Let us acquaint ourselves with a few measures for treatment of the same.
- Triggers: One of the important and primary steps in the process of treating your digestive related problem is to learn how to recognise and identify the triggers so that you may avoid the same. There are many kinds of food that may not be suitable for some people. With the help of your doctor, you can go through a food or skin test that will help in exposing you to small amounts of various ingredients. The results will help in pointing towards the food allergy or triggers that you may be suffering from. Apart from food, there may be certain kinds of medication that may be causing side effects like loose motions and other digestive problems. Also, there are certain situations and stress giving factors that may be contributing to this condition. In such cases, it is best to maintain a food dairy or event diary so that you learn your triggers and avoid the same.
- Hydration: One of the most important ways of treating digestive problems is to drink plenty of fluids and to keep your body well hydrated. Besides routinely flushing out the toxins that cause the condition in the first place, plenty of water intake will also help in replenishing the lost fluid reserves as the body tends to get dehydrated swiftly when it is suffering from such conditions. One should also avoid contaminated sources of water and try to drink bottled and packaged water, especially while travelling.
- Hygiene: It is important to eat hygienically prepared food and wash your hands before and after meals so as to remove unhygienic triggers from the list that causes digestive disorders. Using alcohol free wipes in case you are suffering from loose motions and keeping a sanitiser handy at all times will also help in treating the condition.
- Medicines: The doctor may prescribe various kinds of medicines in order to fight the onset of such conditions as well for treatment of related symptoms like bloating and gas. This medication must always be kept handy so that the patient can have it as soon as the earliest symptoms arise.
I am 22 years old and have a very bad habit of late night sleeping. I do not find myself fresh the whole day but only at night. I do not get a proper sleep if I do not masturbate. It has become a habit and I am not being able to do anything about it. Please help.
Plzz Suggest any medicine or natural method to stop the fishy smell of the penis or a medicine for the yeast infection on penis.
Sir I am 27 years old. For last 9 months I am suffering from pain in throat, this pain I feel for few seconds in my throat and ear, in time I fill uneasy in my neck. I take some medicine, from Calcutta medical's doctor. He check up my throat. Now I upset totally.
I have a queer cold and sneezing problem whenever there is a change of season, sneezing not only effect my nose but also it leads to serious headache also. I want to ask if there is some medicine I can take or any precaution?
I'm 31 years old man and since last 2 weeks always feeling very much tired and headache as well. And sometimes feeling too much sweating in my lowers legs, please advise what may be the problem.
When I eat something it starts coming back in myy mouth after some time of eating in what we call in gernal language" dakaar" andi hv this problem. Drm last 25 days. I thought its because of acidity so I used eno but still thi problem is going on what to do please tell.
The watermelon seeds are full of health benefits. From snacks to soups, the utility of the seeds is limitless. In addition, the melon seeds are an excellent source of proteins (essential amino acids), vitamins (folate, thiamine and niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid), minerals (magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorous, and manganese) fatty acids. The advantages of melon seeds are immense and deserve a mention:
- Watermelon seeds for a younger looking skin: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids (linoleic acid and oleic acid). These unsaturated fatty acids help to maintain the natural glow of the skin. In addition, the antioxidants present in the seeds slow down the skin aging. Thus, the skin appears younger, softer and healthier. It also takes care of many dermatological problems (skin infections, rashes, and to some extent even skin cancer).
- Watermelon seeds to combat diabetes: It is a proven fact that watermelon seeds help to keep diabetes at bay. Add some watermelon seeds (~ a handful) in one-liter water. Bring the mixture to a boil (~40-45 minutes). For better results, drink this liquid regularly.
- A boost to male fertility: Lycopene, a strong antioxidant, plays a significant role in enhancing the male fertility.
- Watermelon seeds for a sharp memory: People with a short memory or memory problems benefit immensely from watermelon seeds.
- Regulates blood pressure: Arginine present in watermelon seeds plays a significant role in regulating the blood pressure. It also plays a pivotal role in the prevention of coronary heart diseases.
- Get rid of dandruff: People with itchy scalp and dandruff can use watermelon seed oil for some relief.
- Rich source of proteins and amino acids: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of proteins and amino acids. Thus, it plays a significant role in strengthening the hair. The essential fatty acids go a long way to prevent extensive hair damage. Watermelon seeds are loaded with multivitamin B, ensuring a healthy immune and nervous system.
- Full of omega 6 fatty acids: The watermelon seeds are full of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids act as a shield, keeping the bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) level within limits. The lower level of LDL implies a lesser probability of cardiac and other heart ailments.
- Watermelon seeds: Drinking tea made of watermelon seeds is instrumental in maintaining a healthy heart. The magnesium present in the seeds aid in the stabilization of the metabolic processes, important for the proper functioning of the heart. The watermelon seed oil, known as the Kalahari oil, has excellent moisturizing properties and is often used as a skin moisturizer.
- Treat edema: In many cases, watermelon seeds are used to treat edema. A teaspoon of the melon seeds (dried and grounded) is mixed with a teaspoon of honey. The mixture is then added in a cup of water (lukewarm to warm, ~3/4th). The concoction is mixed well and consumed twice daily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.